15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Have You Improved In The Last Week?
audiopaal
post Mar 18 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #221

Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 4.276

Oh, and I have improved my playing by practicing very hard on a few songs I'm about to record, to make my playing tighter and and faster. Not any new techniques or other fancy stuff, just repetetive practicing to get my playing tighter and smoother smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
post Mar 30 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #222

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 862

I've seen huge improvements in my lead improv, speed and phrasing! biggrin.gif I honestly belive it was mainly because I was lacking confidence. Confidence is a huge aspect of playing! And I never realised it!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Apr 1 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #223

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

I've relaxed my right hand a lot! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Canis
post Apr 6 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #224

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 3.108

Holy crap, I've improved the last week!
I'm able to use my pinky 100% now =) I realized I had to use my pinky on the intro of "Over the Hills" by Gary Moore (which I also nail on over 200bpm now biggrin.gif )
And I learned Alla Turca Part 1 from a lesson of Pablo Vazquez, which also trained my pinky =)
I also inspired my cousin to start playing, I learned him "Smoke on the Water" and "Run to the Hills", and some other easy intros. So maybe we'll see him here soon smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Melodicintenions
post Apr 7 2008, 07:40 AM
Post #225

Member No.: 4.758

Well Thanks to my Friend David his lessons done these things for me I've only been apart of this Wonderful Community for what 7 days? I've been playing guitar for 6 years learned stuff on my own most of the time but had suggestions thrown at me all the time heres how Dave improved my style!
I've improved on my Perfect Pitch thats hearing your chords and knowing what and where to place your fingers on what scales and modes!
2 I've developed sight reading I don't know how but playing constantly and practicing with proper breaks
and soaking up the explanations really work I cant stress that enough Drinking water helps muscles Remember that!
my accuracy has improved from say 60% to about 87.5% in only 7 days I know how much because I feel it!
3:being able to hear and feel the music and follow the colors of its contours and Tones!
4:guitar doesn't scare me of not being able to do what I wanna express with my fingers and my heart!
being able to hear and improvise other music on radio t.v whichever I don't know how I've done it
but I could not do it without G.M.C Thank you All for the Feed back and comments!
maybe some day I'll be the new instructor I'm going to university for it now I'm so Inspired from using this site
You really can Go from Zero To Guitar Hero in No time! Believe in yourself and work out your problem points if anyone wants to send me their problems I'd be glade to help to if your fav instructors not around and when he gets back ask him what I said . And get him or her to verify that for you I'm no pro but I have the Confidence now and the Know how to do it
All Because of G.M.C Love you all Thank you!
No Ones Better than the next guy who plays.. its how the player that changes the music and improves it's style to create their own music that is truly trying their best! and Always learning lets keep learning people we need it!
I still have a Long way to go and I want you all to try your best you cant ever be the best you can only do your own personal best set yourself goals for lessons ! stick by them give yourself a time line but be realistic it'll help Direly!
I will always be here for this has turned out to be my new home for my musical Creativity you Have Done yourself Well everyone keep up the good work and hope to see most of you on stage one day Keep on Rocking to Finally Free the World! Metal will get respect! yours Truly Preston Ouimette of MelodicIntentions

+Quote Post
Melodicintenions
post Apr 7 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #226

Member No.: 4.758

cant wait to see everyone! reply to my Improvements I need you all to give me the inspiration to get better like you all do I support you all! got suggestions for me try me I wanna listen and help to! I want music to make things better for all of us! just like the next guy and anyones welcome to say hi or chat about favorite bands and stuff to or even give me some ideas of what I should check out I'm here for everyone like everyones here for me Peace Friends GMC Will Always live on as long as I still breathe! keep all this wonderful informative place going we needed this Long ago keep in touch keep the music going and most of all Work Together !
I'm headin it to bed All of you Inspired me so much and will continue to force better lessons out in the future! not better but lessons I would have wanted when I was learning ! for me thats my idea of better but you all have great material to and its all important! keep it all coming hope I make lots of friends and hope you all learn as much as you can from GMC
Preston Ouimette Melodicintentions

+Quote Post
superize
post Apr 8 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #227

Ultimate Tone Guru
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 2.410

QUOTE (Melodicintenions @ Apr 7 2008, 08:40 AM) *
Well Thanks to my Friend David his lessons done these things for me I've only been apart of this Wonderful Community for what 7 days? I've been playing guitar for 6 years learned stuff on my own most of the time but had suggestions thrown at me all the time heres how Dave improved my style!
I've improved on my Perfect Pitch thats hearing your chords and knowing what and where to place your fingers on what scales and modes!
2 I've developed sight reading I don't know how but playing constantly and practicing with proper breaks
and soaking up the explanations really work I cant stress that enough Drinking water helps muscles Remember that!
my accuracy has improved from say 60% to about 87.5% in only 7 days I know how much because I feel it!
3:being able to hear and feel the music and follow the colors of its contours and Tones!
4:guitar doesn't scare me of not being able to do what I wanna express with my fingers and my heart!
being able to hear and improvise other music on radio t.v whichever I don't know how I've done it
but I could not do it without G.M.C Thank you All for the Feed back and comments!
maybe some day I'll be the new instructor I'm going to university for it now I'm so Inspired from using this site
You really can Go from Zero To Guitar Hero in No time! Believe in yourself and work out your problem points if anyone wants to send me their problems I'd be glade to help to if your fav instructors not around and when he gets back ask him what I said . And get him or her to verify that for you I'm no pro but I have the Confidence now and the Know how to do it
All Because of G.M.C Love you all Thank you!
No Ones Better than the next guy who plays.. its how the player that changes the music and improves it's style to create their own music that is truly trying their best! and Always learning lets keep learning people we need it!
I still have a Long way to go and I want you all to try your best you cant ever be the best you can only do your own personal best set yourself goals for lessons ! stick by them give yourself a time line but be realistic it'll help Direly!
I will always be here for this has turned out to be my new home for my musical Creativity you Have Done yourself Well everyone keep up the good work and hope to see most of you on stage one day Keep on Rocking to Finally Free the World! Metal will get respect! yours Truly Preston Ouimette of MelodicIntentions

Well this really inspired me

Thanks wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
JVM
post Apr 11 2008, 03:16 AM
Post #228

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.984

I can't really explain it.. but things just seem to be falling together a little.. things are smoother, more relaxed, faster, etc etc. I really need to start working on theory more though. I just wish learning theory was an "ah ha moment" kind of thing rather than repetitive practice.. but I might as well start now. I just need some encouragement I think.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Preston-Melodici...
post Apr 11 2008, 03:38 AM
Post #229

Member No.: 4.842

QUOTE (JVM @ Apr 10 2008, 06:16 PM) *
I can't really explain it.. but things just seem to be falling together a little.. things are smoother, more relaxed, faster, etc. I really need to start working on theory more though. I just wish learning theory was an "ah ha moment" kind of thing rather than repetitive practice.. but I might as well start now. I just need some encouragement I think.

Ask David Wallimen for me and ask him what my encouragement would be for myself and for you
If my band becomes pro I'm going to Promote this site to the top and make the best musicians we all can be!
please Support Melodic-Intensions if you love metal and life together! ask Dave he'll tell yaw the stuff you need to know
he taught me and I want to teach you and become the new instructor! ask me
yours Truly Preston Ouimette of Melodicintensions it all makes sense I cant say much now because I want to be official to pass the message on in theory so we all understand like I do now I want us all to understand so we can make the best music there is to date! I support my Brother David Walliman to ask him he'll make it all make sense

+Quote Post
audiopaal
post Apr 14 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #230

Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 4.276

Well, my riffing is tighter and at least I feel I'm somewhat faster than I used to be..
This is of course not just from last weeks practice, but still feels good wink.gif

I've also learned a few new tricks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Preston-Melodici...
post Apr 14 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #231

Member No.: 4.842

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Apr 14 2008, 03:28 AM) *
Well, my riffing is tighter and at least I feel I'm somewhat faster than I used to be..
This is of course not just from last weeks practice, but still feels good wink.gif

I've also learned a few new tricks smile.gif

keep it up we all do it for each other Brother of GMC!

+Quote Post
JVM
post Apr 16 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #232

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.984

I've been churning out riffs lately biggrin.gif Not like, dozens of them, but I seem to be getting better at it. So that is to say, I think my vocabulary is growing, and my technique is becoming more accurate. And as we all know, accuracy is the basis of speed.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
muntahunta
post Apr 16 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #233

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 2.713

today i started playing lessons again after having a long break due to a bad pinky.
i started with the classical taps, last time i played i could play it at 120bpm, after just 3 try's im playing at 140bpm with ease.

ive also picked up sweeping straight away (not great but alot better than i could) and im starting on marcus' three-level intermediate solo

all that in one day biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Enucleation
post Apr 22 2008, 03:43 AM
Post #234

Member No.: 4.546

I dunno about a week, but i listened to a recording of a collab im waiting for and I think my sweeping may be getting better.

If that is my imagination or maybe a bad recording, I was really insipired yesterday by Chris Broderick. I always respect great guitarists, but even though I had been a fan of Chris before Megadeth and knew his skill, seeing him last night was so incredible. Right at the front row i saw his fingers perfectly...I gotta get better.

I guess inspiration, especially at this level, is a step in the right direction of improving. So, i guess it's alright to post here wink.gif

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Skalde
post Apr 22 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #235

Member No.: 3.817

I increased my 'recording' skills. Finally I found a way to record my guitar sound, that pleases me.

+Quote Post
Nathan333
post Apr 24 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #236

Member No.: 3.713

I just realized that I'm not as slow as I though I was after playing Marcus' pentatonic solo lesson! biggrin.gif I must have had the backing track on loop now for about 100 times!! Now to grit my teeth and get on with some theory learning... blink.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
post Apr 25 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #237

Learning Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 3.108

QUOTE (Nathan333 @ Apr 24 2008, 01:27 PM) *
I just realized that I'm not as slow as I though I was after playing Marcus' pentatonic solo lesson! biggrin.gif I must have had the backing track on loop now for about 100 times!! Now to grit my teeth and get on with some theory learning... blink.gif

Same here tongue.gif I've played the pentatonic solo over and over now... (Great melody Marcus biggrin.gif) And I definetly feel like I can play much faster and cleaner then before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
post Apr 25 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #238

Ultimate Tone Guru
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 2.410

My sweep picking is faster and cleaner

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
ZeCoyote
post May 2 2008, 01:07 PM
Post #239

Member No.: 1.717

Because a new rythmic guitarist joined our band, I had to learn and now play quite well ACDC solos ! smile.gif <-- happy newbie

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post May 2 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #240

Member No.: 3.401

My drinking alcohol technique has improved and I've seen an overall improvement in my laziness. Oh and I think I'm getting a lot better at improvisations as we do them all the time with my band smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2017 - 03:27 AM