Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Dec 17 2013, 02:21 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I Monitor everything through LIVE use of all my plugins including the MASTER BUS processing and I have zero perceptible latency
With my samples set at 64, I'm able to use OVERLOUD on 8 tracks at at time, along with OZONE on the master bus, and a variety of other plugins and it just works perfectly. It's wonderful to be able to record through the plugins and hear the tone as it happens without having any sort of slap back/latency.

I"m using LOGIC X ( 64 Bit ) running on MAVERICKS OS X 10.9 (64 Bit) and it's sooo smooth and fast I don't know how I got by without it. I used to have timeline hiccups and now that I've upgrded logic and OS X that's stopped. The only time I have any issues is when using REAPER 64 bit. It does not seem to be as smooth as LOGIC X but then again, APPLE makes LOGIC and they make the operating system and hardware it runs on so it should be smooth smile.gif

I"ve been using the new GARAGE BAND too and it looks almost the same as LOGIC X. I'm still a big proponent of REAPER cause it will run on anything. But honestly, for anyone considering a new machine, I'd suggest a mac Mini, Mac Laptop, or imac and a copy of LOGIC X. EVen on my underpowered macbook laptop, (dual core slow chip, only 4 gb ram) logic runs very smooth and has just about every plugin you can think of built in from the factory. EVen has a great guitar emulator.

The only plugins I use consistently anymore are TH2, and OZONE. Everything else is built in to Logic!! Now and then I"ll use EZ MIX GUITAR GODS or S-GEAR just to mix things up smile.gif

LOGIC is so complete and so good that it's really a quantum leap forward IMHO in home recording technology. Sort of like how the AXE FX was a bit jump ahead in terms of hardware modellers. The best news is that LOGIC X only costs $200!! Which is cheaper than I paid for one copy of OZONE!!

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 6 2013, 08:34 AM) *
Yep I tried those. I'm one of those guys who keep constant care of pc health. My Win 7 looks like 98 now wink.gif Blank background, grey toolbars, now effects etc. I do mess with the start-up progs and services a lot smile.gif I did some drivers reinstallation and win updates. Not satisfied with results. I own Asus K50J at work with 4GB Ram an Intel T4200 dual core. Audio box is the only thing I can make working the way I need by far

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 17 2013, 02:22 AM

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2016 - 10:12 AM