Feedback Request, Original Tune
Jim S.
Dec 8 2013, 08:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
I finally got to sit down and play and it only seemed fair to write something new. Sometimes I have to write and I need to complete it in a night. I know it's probably hasty but it's nice to have something to show for your work. Anyways if you have any feedback on this id appreciate it. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/jim-seekford-music/the-burn-of-the-sun

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 8 2013, 10:37 AM
Instructor
I love the guitar tones on this.. really tasty.

The whole section between 1:25 and 1:40 is a bit weird to me.. but after it's passed I get back into the vibe of it again. If you could fine some tighter way of transferring from one section to the other I think the track would sound better smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Dec 8 2013, 04:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 8 2013, 05:37 AM) *
I love the guitar tones on this.. really tasty.

The whole section between 1:25 and 1:40 is a bit weird to me.. but after it's passed I get back into the vibe of it again. If you could fine some tighter way of transferring from one section to the other I think the track would sound better smile.gif

Ben thanks! Yeah I know what you mean, I'll work on my transitions. I think writing drums measure by measure might be helpful too.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 9 2013, 12:16 AM
Instructor
hi mate, very nice idea. The only thing that I would expect and I think it's lacking is a melody that works as a chorus, something more memorable. The overall tune creates a very cool atmosphere but I think it would be great if it explodes near the end.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Dec 9 2013, 01:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 8 2013, 07:16 PM) *
hi mate, very nice idea. The only thing that I would expect and I think it's lacking is a melody that works as a chorus, something more memorable. The overall tune creates a very cool atmosphere but I think it would be great if it explodes near the end.

You are spot on, when I hear it I feel a sinking feeling toward the end. Patience always slips away when I write. I should spend more time with my projects.

A melody would be nice maybe recurring too. I had a hard time playing lead over the chunky rhythm.

Thanks for the feedback

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 9 2013, 02:56 PM
Instructor
It's a very cool idea but something is missing for me. Maybe it's the "game of reverbs" that would compensate that there is not too many tracks - sort of trio mode at some moments. This could be also some not-interfering / disturbing pad in the background mixing. Also had a feeling of timming isses. Did You draw the drums or played them manually with the keyboard?

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Dec 9 2013, 03:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 9 2013, 09:56 AM) *
It's a very cool idea but something is missing for me. Maybe it's the "game of reverbs" that would compensate that there is not too many tracks - sort of trio mode at some moments. This could be also some not-interfering / disturbing pad in the background mixing. Also had a feeling of timming isses. Did You draw the drums or played them manually with the keyboard?

Hey Darius I wrote them in piano roll in ez drummer then copied and pasted. I get the same feelings, too much going on at times. I played bass guitar on this which was hard to mix. Next time I play ill work on this

Thanks man!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 9 2013, 03:57 PM
Instructor
Just a free observations. It's not that it's very bad Jim smile.gif Those were first things I felt by listening to it for the first time smile.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Dec 9 2013, 04:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I like the overall theme of the tune. I really love the very beginning with the acoustic/sitar sound playing on top of the slow, heavy riffing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Dec 10 2013, 12:41 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Dec 9 2013, 11:08 AM) *
I like the overall theme of the tune. I really love the very beginning with the acoustic/sitar sound playing on top of the slow, heavy riffing.

Greg Thanks yeah the beginning has some nice qualities, I'm gonna keep that feel in the intro and make a melody and tighten up the rest.

See you around man

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Dec 10 2013, 07:43 AM
GMC:er
first couple of seconds I thought Beethovan lol

I like your tone and suddle phrase lines ur not playing too many unnesesary notes that someone like myself may sometimes do.. My advice sleep on this song ...see what you think it needs more or less of .. n sometimes you might come up with some more ideas you could add to this overall Piece *Beethovan* = )

But overall I like the Ideas you put in this track you've got a mean tone as I mentioned earlier especially the bass = ) *Wicked*

great job mate

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Dec 10 2013, 02:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Dec 10 2013, 02:43 AM) *
first couple of seconds I thought Beethovan lol

I like your tone and suddle phrase lines ur not playing too many unnesesary notes that someone like myself may sometimes do.. My advice sleep on this song ...see what you think it needs more or less of .. n sometimes you might come up with some more ideas you could add to this overall Piece *Beethovan* = )

But overall I like the Ideas you put in this track you've got a mean tone as I mentioned earlier especially the bass = ) *Wicked*

great job mate

Hey Vulpine thanks a lot. I'm taking in a lot of advice here and going to rework it next practice session. I've had a bass guitar sitting around in my basement for years and never really touched it. Not sure why I haven't picked it up sooner, it makes writing music pretty fun.

Id write a guitar track, lay bass down and then keep recording and let the bass decide where to go.

**Beethovan** is a good name, ill have to work on the intro melody and incorporate a more baroque feel?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2013, 05:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ Dec 8 2013, 09:32 PM) *
You are spot on, when I hear it I feel a sinking feeling toward the end. Patience always slips away when I write. I should spend more time with my projects.

A melody would be nice maybe recurring too. I had a hard time playing lead over the chunky rhythm.

Thanks for the feedback

Cool, nice to know that my feedback helps. I hope to hear a new version of this song! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:05 AM