Touch Screen Daw?
Todd Simpson
Dec 13 2013, 12:08 AM
GMC:er
You may have seen the RAVEN touchscreen daw controller from SLATE digital.

But how about a way cheaper approach? You can get a simple add on frame that turns your main monitor in to a touch screen smile.gif

The 22 inch widescreen kit is a couple hundred bux. smile.gif

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Dec 13 2013, 12:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
Looks interesting :-)
Still, I kind of like the idea of having actual knobs and faders to touch :S

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 13 2013, 01:24 AM
Learning Tone Master
problem, to have a big enough touch screen to be usable, you would have to be close enough to touch, a bid screen to close causes serious physical problem, it is cool however

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 13 2013, 02:38 AM
"Serious Physical Problems" like what? Spilling your drink on it? smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 12 2013, 07:24 PM) *
problem, to have a big enough touch screen to be usable, you would have to be close enough to touch, a bid screen to close causes serious physical problem, it is cool however

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 13 2013, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Cool thing! Very practical. Maybe it's time to try one wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 13 2013, 10:34 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yes - I think this is the future!

Simply as it allows for unlimited flexibility. Then you have a physical mixer, you are limited by which knobs and stuff you have built in it. With virtual mixer - possibilities are endless really. Of course - for this kind of stuff its always nice to have real faders to touch. Also touchscreen technology in general can be frustrating when it doesn't respond the way you want it to (on mobile phones, tablets etc). There is also a noticeable difference in quality and precision - just compare iPhone with other phone brands.

Big question is - is touch technology in practice a faster workflow in relation to using the conventional mouse as a pointer?
You would certainly need to "move your muscles" more with touch technology - but that is a good thing I guess smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 17 2013, 01:54 AM
YES!!! you are SPOT ON Here Bogdan smile.gif Per usaul!! This is the future. Quite simply, this is where ALL control interfaces are going whether people like it or not and not everybody is going to like it smile.gif Of course, there will probably always be some way to get buttons and such on things. But more and more, buttons are going away and touch screens are taking over. There will be old school folks who still want the old stuff, just like we have folks who still want to shoot FILM CAMERAS and who want to listen to PHYSICAL LP/RECORDS smile.gif And that's fine of course as it takes all kinds! smile.gif

The "tablet" is a great way to get started understanding this new "paradigm". The Apple iPad in particular ( even though it's way too expensive) is a great way to get started with touch based interfaces. Sadly, ANDROID is WAAAAAAYYYYYY behind in terms of the APPS that are available for professional level music creation. Hopefully android will get better with time as its MUCH MUICH cheaper!!

I 'm using LOGIC X which uses the IPAD as a miniature version of the touch screen mixer. smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 13 2013, 04:34 AM) *
Yes - I think this is the future!

Simply as it allows for unlimited flexibility. Then you have a physical mixer, you are limited by which knobs and stuff you have built in it. With virtual mixer - possibilities are endless really. Of course - for this kind of stuff its always nice to have real faders to touch. Also touchscreen technology in general can be frustrating when it doesn't respond the way you want it to (on mobile phones, tablets etc). There is also a noticeable difference in quality and precision - just compare iPhone with other phone brands.

Big question is - is touch technology in practice a faster workflow in relation to using the conventional mouse as a pointer?
You would certainly need to "move your muscles" more with touch technology - but that is a good thing I guess smile.gif

The time has come! smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 13 2013, 04:22 AM) *
Cool thing! Very practical. Maybe it's time to try one wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2013, 08:20 AM
They carry these at GUITAR CENTER!! Last time I was there ( buying the bel lugosi LTD guitar) I gave it a whirl and I gotta say it was JUST AMAZING. The feedback is so immediate, you can bring up/down five faders at a time with one hand just like an actual mixing board smile.gif It's very responsive and I WANT ONE!!!

If you have a guitar center near you, go try it out!!

Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:30 AM