Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Line6 Flextone Ii, Amp settings
Anders Karlsson
post Dec 15 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #1

Learning Tone Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.990

Hi there, i just wonder if you some suggestions of amp settings to this gear, where can i find this online?
I would like amp settings like Van Halen, Yngwie Malmsteen etc.
Does anyone have any clue where or have any tips any would be greatly appreciated.I also have an old Korg AX1000 if someone have any ideas.

https://www.google.se/search?q=flextone+2&a...m%3B1962%3B1461

Thanks smile.gif

This post has been edited by Anders Karlsson: Dec 15 2013, 05:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Dec 15 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

Hi Anders. I'm not sure on what the amp sounds like and have never played that model but I guess first you'll have to select the closest possible amp modelling preset first. So obviously a hi gain thing.. but for VH and Yngwie.. try not to scoop the mids out. VH has a very bright and juicy tone.. you may have trouble getting anything like that with this amp. Adding a gain pedal like a Boss DS-1 might be a good idea for added bite but then you'll have extra things to mess around with. Not sure if you want to go down the pedals route smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
post Dec 15 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #3

Learning Tone Guru

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 15 2013, 05:57 PM) *
Hi Anders. I'm not sure on what the amp sounds like and have never played that model but I guess first you'll have to select the closest possible amp modelling preset first. So obviously a hi gain thing.. but for VH and Yngwie.. try not to scoop the mids out. VH has a very bright and juicy tone.. you may have trouble getting anything like that with this amp. Adding a gain pedal like a Boss DS-1 might be a good idea for added bite but then you'll have extra things to mess around with. Not sure if you want to go down the pedals route smile.gif

Thanks for answer, well im not afraid of pedals smile.gif Like you say, im not sure if I can get that sort of "fat" sound with just this amp and mayby i should look for some complements. I thought i could download some sounds through a USB or MIDI, but dont really know. What gear/pedals are you using?

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
post Dec 15 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #4

Learning Tone Guru

Hi, i red that i can use MIDI interface to download sounds to the amp. Does anyone know if this works fine?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 04:02 PM