Bogdan Radovic
post Dec 20 2013, 11:52 AM
Post #21

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (ZBORNAJA35 @ Dec 20 2013, 12:08 AM) *
Again thanks guys...for all the help...One more question (surely there will be many many more)...

Transcrabing...where to start? Now with 1,5 year of practice it is probably last time i start to develop ear. How much time of practice u reccomend to put into this ...and so on and so on...

Would be happy of any advice ...

I would recommend starting small. Try figuring out simple chord strumming songs that you like for start. Then move on to simpler chord picking patterns (intro to Under The Bridge or Californication by RHCP for example). Once you are comfortable with that start transcribing riff or easy solos by ear. Here the goal is to have fun with it and not force yourself - so any time amount (even 15 minutes a day) would be more then enough to see (hear!) progress. Also, it is always a good idea to incorporate ear training whne practicing other stuff. For example, when you are practicing scales - its a perfect place to practice your ear too. Just start by singing along the notes you play.

Check out these transcribing tips in the Theory board : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49364

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Dec 20 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Hey man smile.gif I will make a video for ya with some first steps in training your ears wink.gif Stay tuned today!

Here we go:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Dec 21 2013, 05:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZBORNAJA35
post Dec 26 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #23

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.105

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 20 2013, 03:40 PM) *
Hey man smile.gif I will make a video for ya with some first steps in training your ears wink.gif Stay tuned today!

Here we go:

Tx lupu and all

One question.In my line on work we often go on field, and we have sometimes even 2 hours drive...I was thinking is there some guitar tools, like some small piece of fretboard that i could do streching exercises, spider exercises , finger independence exercises..How can i use that time in truck?...I cant take guitar:)

Thanks for any help and advice

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Dec 26 2013, 11:27 PM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Hey mate smile.gif Just made a video recently, treating this exact idea of training your left hand fingers while you are away from the guitar - check it out:

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 02:44 AM