Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 15 2014, 08:43 AM
Post #41

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (metalheadlady @ Jan 15 2014, 12:05 AM) *
Well, it's more of a mental list, but I guess I can think of some. I wouldn't mind some recommendations of Ayreon. Turisas, Mercyful Fate, Menhir, Waylander, Dream Evil, Tyr, Eluvietie, Falkenbach, Iced Earth, Wintersun, Primal Fear, Stratovarious, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Rammstien, Therion, Grave Digger, and Angra are all bands that I have at least one song by on my iPod, but I could use more and I'm not sure which ones. Sabaton, Svartsot, Moonsorrow, Skyclad, Elvenking, Avantasia, Firewind, Manowar, and Satavage are all bands that I've heard of in one way or another, but was likely too busy listening to something else to look them up. There's more, but I can't think of them off of the top of my head. Also please excuse any band name typos, autocorrect is really upset right now lol

Uh oh biggrin.gif Aside ONE song from Firewind - which is actually a cover version, I don't listen to this sort of stuff tongue.gif it seems that Ayreon and Devin are the only points of meeting laugh.gif

So you are pretty much into this kind of music, eh? Is this what you also like to play, I presume? smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
metalheadlady
post Jan 15 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #42

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.084

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 15 2014, 07:43 AM) *
Uh oh biggrin.gif Aside ONE song from Firewind - which is actually a cover version, I don't listen to this sort of stuff tongue.gif it seems that Ayreon and Devin are the only points of meeting laugh.gif

So you are pretty much into this kind of music, eh? Is this what you also like to play, I presume? smile.gif

Yeah, lots of power and folk metal sort of stuff. Living in America, it's sort of hard to find people that listen to metal who know what I'm talking about when I mention most of them, not sure how it is in Europe. I like some death metal as well, although I don't have much of a list in that area.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Jan 15 2014, 11:23 PM
Post #43

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Indeed...most of you list says nothing to me tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 16 2014, 09:08 AM
Post #44

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (metalheadlady @ Jan 15 2014, 03:00 PM) *
Yeah, lots of power and folk metal sort of stuff. Living in America, it's sort of hard to find people that listen to metal who know what I'm talking about when I mention most of them, not sure how it is in Europe. I like some death metal as well, although I don't have much of a list in that area.

In Europe, there are a lot of folks listening to this sort of stuff. In my country at least, there's a BIG community. My problem with them is that they don't want to listen to anything else laugh.gif I'm the sort of open minded guy who can very well appreciate a GOOD pop song, rather then be 'WHAT'S THAT?? POP??? NO WAY MAN, I ONLY LISTEN TO METAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!!' laugh.gif

Kidding aside, there's a lot of nice stuff influencing folk metal for instance and there are a few bands performing this sort of music that I have a slight hunch you might enjoy wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
metalheadlady
post Jan 16 2014, 11:21 PM
Post #45

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 16 2014, 08:08 AM) *
In Europe, there are a lot of folks listening to this sort of stuff. In my country at least, there's a BIG community. My problem with them is that they don't want to listen to anything else laugh.gif I'm the sort of open minded guy who can very well appreciate a GOOD pop song, rather then be 'WHAT'S THAT?? POP??? NO WAY MAN, I ONLY LISTEN TO METAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!!' laugh.gif

Kidding aside, there's a lot of nice stuff influencing folk metal for instance and there are a few bands performing this sort of music that I have a slight hunch you might enjoy wink.gif

That was really cool, I like stuff like that. I've only met one other American that likes folk metal, that being one of my friends, actually. Then our chemistry teacher likes Helloween if that counts for anything biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by metalheadlady: Jan 16 2014, 11:21 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 17 2014, 08:49 AM
Post #46

Instructor
Group Icon

Uh oh smile.gif I see, so the USA is a place in which more European metal is still unknown... Well, here's another one for ya:

These here, are two friends of mine playing medieval music here in Romania smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
metalheadlady
post Jan 19 2014, 03:29 AM
Post #47

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 17 2014, 07:49 AM) *
Uh oh smile.gif I see, so the USA is a place in which more European metal is still unknown... Well, here's another one for ya:

These here, are two friends of mine playing medieval music here in Romania smile.gif

That was pretty sweet too. I look for that sort of music for a long time at home, then you just kinda show up like "here." Thanks biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 19 2014, 09:28 AM
Post #48

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (metalheadlady @ Jan 19 2014, 02:29 AM) *
That was pretty sweet too. I look for that sort of music for a long time at home, then you just kinda show up like "here." Thanks biggrin.gif

Hehe smile.gif Glad I can help - let's just say I like to keep a broad musical horizon wink.gif Check this one out - it's another one by the girls from No'mads:

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2017 - 09:38 AM