Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Diatonic Triads, In 3 string sets
post Jan 7 2014, 09:38 AM
Post #1

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.225

One of the main things I'm trying to get my hands to do naturally without thinking. It's harder than I expected.

My main epiphany was to focus on which of the 3 strings the root of the triad is on for each shape.

It's in an unfriendly key as I'm focusing on them too this year, but that's a good thing!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  C__Major_Scale_Triads_321.pdf ( 48.32K ) Number of downloads: 164
Attached File  C__Major_Scale_Triads_432.pdf ( 50.34K ) Number of downloads: 137
Attached File  C__Major_Scale_Triads_543.pdf ( 48.15K ) Number of downloads: 132
Attached File  C__Major_Scale_Triads_654.pdf ( 49.71K ) Number of downloads: 138

Currently Working on

PosterBoy's Modern Riffing with Gabriel

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Professor
post Jan 7 2014, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Theory Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.394

Great way to learn! Once you get these shapes down, move horizontally across the strings, try moving vertically, and then in both directions. That way you will be able to see these shapes across the entire fretboard in any direction when playing. Great stuff!

Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site
+Quote Post
Aaron A
post Jan 21 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.301

These are always handy little triad shapes. They have saved my behind many a time playing through charts and sight reading. I always focus on what string the root is based off of for my chords and it works pretty well for me. This is definitely a great thing to practice and once it's solid you could easily build a nice warm up exercise out of this.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2016 - 03:17 AM