> Psychedelic Rock Band
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 13 2014, 02:32 PM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

I have become a Spotify fundamentalist and fan. laugh.gif It's awesome how many bands I discover each week thanks to its radios, similar artists and discover features. The last days I discovered a band listening to a The Mars Volta related radio. Then I discovered that it's a band formed by Omar Rodriguez brothers, and that one ot them was also part of Mars Volta (Keyboards and Percussion), that's when I understood everything... It's very experimental music...

"Zechs Marquise is an American psychedelic rock band, formed in El Paso, Texas in 2003.
The band was formed in the fall of 2003 by two Rodriguez-Lopez brothers, Marcel on keyboards/percussion and Marfred on bass, as well as their childhood friends Marcos Smith and Matthew Wilkson on guitars and Michael Farraro on drums. Originally going by the name of Monolith, they later decided to take the name Zechs Marquise from the main antagonist of the anime series Gundam Wing. Zechs Marquise has quickly created a stir in their hometown and has built a solid fan base within the southwest cities that they have visited on the road. During the late summer months of 2004 the band hit the studio to record its first album. That studio effort was later scrapped and instead in June 2006 the band released 34:26 EP, a live improvised set culled from their frequent west coast tours. By fall of 2006, Zechs was touring the west coast consistently, sharing the stage with such eclectic acts as Daedelus, Busdriver, The Album Leaf, DJ Nobody, Daddy Kev, The Gaslamp Killer, and Totimoshi."
from wiki.

and here a playlist...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
post Jan 14 2014, 12:13 AM
Post #2

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.292

never heard them before, cool post smile.gif this was improvised ohmy.gif damn, thats impressive. Some really nice passages.

Its kinda like this band Ive been listening to, same sort of thing but a bit more stoner than pure Psychedelic :

Its a slow starter but really kicks in around 02.00

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jan 14 2014, 12:29 AM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 13 2014, 08:13 PM) *
never heard them before, cool post smile.gif this was improvised ohmy.gif damn, thats impressive. Some really nice passages.

Its kinda like this band Ive been listening to, same sort of thing but a bit more stoner than pure Psychedelic :

Its a slow starter but really kicks in around 02.00

Nice! Thanks! This name also appeared on the related artists list. Today I discovered one called "The Sword". It's also interesting and more connected with stoner... but not as much as this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
post Jan 14 2014, 01:17 AM
Post #4

Experienced Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.292

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 13 2014, 11:29 PM) *
Nice! Thanks! This name also appeared on the related artists list. Today I discovered one called "The Sword". It's also interesting and more connected with stoner... but not as much as this one.

AH Yes, The sword are very good. They are touring with Clutch and Crobot at the moment, unfortunately its in the US but I imagine those 3 together would be amazing.

This is one of my favourite tracks by them:

They really should have some of their songs in the 'Game of thrones' soundtrack!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 03:13 AM