Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kemper Diezel D-moll & Fortin Marshall Demo, Give me some feedback on the mixing too, please!!!
miguelbatalha
post Feb 6 2014, 05:23 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.016

Give me some feedback on the mixing too, please!!! (I've only started mixing my own stuff 2 months ago...)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 6 2014, 06:11 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

The quality provided by a Kemper is awesome. Your guitar tone is great!! Now it's a mater of taste. In my opinion I would work a bit the EQ, there are some mid frequencies that could be lowered a bit (around 800 and 1.5 KHz) but this can be a matter of taste. Regarding the mix, I'm not at my studio now but I can note that the drums need some work. The snare is too over-compressed and ends up sounding weak. The toms has a low resonance that isn't nice to my ears and it surely makes the lower frequencies of your mix a bit diffuse. The bass need more definition, adding some dBs frequencies around 1.5 KHz and 2.5 KHz could really help.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
miguelbatalha
post Feb 6 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.016

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 6 2014, 05:11 PM) *
The quality provided by a Kemper is awesome. Your guitar tone is great!! Now it's a mater of taste. In my opinion I would work a bit the EQ, there are some mid frequencies that could be lowered a bit (around 800 and 1.5 KHz) but this can be a matter of taste. Regarding the mix, I'm not at my studio now but I can note that the drums need some work. The snare is too over-compressed and ends up sounding weak. The toms has a low resonance that isn't nice to my ears and it surely makes the lower frequencies of your mix a bit diffuse. The bass need more definition, adding some dBs frequencies around 1.5 KHz and 2.5 KHz could really help.

The toms are a mess. tongue.gif I don't have monitors yet...

This post has been edited by miguelbatalha: Feb 6 2014, 09:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 6 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (miguelbatalha @ Feb 6 2014, 05:10 PM) *
The toms are a mess. tongue.gif I don't have monitors yet...

What about some headphones? I think that you should try lowering frequencies around 80 Hz 120 hz, and increase high frequencies to give more definition to it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Feb 6 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Nice!!! Your recording and playing skills have really come along quite a bit, especially recently!! Well done!!! Also congrats on your recent endorsements!!! It really does take a willingness to approach various vendors and take a LOT of rejection sometimes. But that's life and the biz in general? You just gotta fight through it smile.gif

As gabe mentioned, I'd focus in on the EQ 1-2k and perhaps use a parametric eq to help you sweep through that range and hear what's happening. Also, are you using a "Low Shelf"? If not, it's worth a try, cutting the frequencies below a certain level on guitar can allow a mix to breathe more since the guitar isn't fighting for sonic space that the bass/kick drum wants.

Todd

QUOTE (miguelbatalha @ Feb 6 2014, 11:23 AM) *

Give me some feedback on the mixing too, please!!! (I've only started mixing my own stuff 2 months ago...)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2017 - 03:41 AM