> Georgia Under "state Of Emergency" Over Coming Winter Storm
Todd Simpson
post Feb 12 2014, 10:20 AM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Looks like folks are seriously concerned after the fiasco the last time we had some snow here. The President of the United States has declared Georgia to be in a "State of Emergency" making federal resources like the National Guard, Army, FEMA, etc. available to help if things go really bad.

We are expecting an Ice storm here but you'd think we were expecting ARMAGEDDON. Hopefully it won't bee too bad smile.gif I've got plenty of guitar strings/picks/etc. So I"m not worried smile.gif

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/321337...ncy-for-Georgia

4 people have died so far in this most recent storm front as it tore through Texas. I hope it doesn't have to kill anyone here. I'm going to batten the hatches and charge up my ups and laptop for when the power dies. Anyone else in the path of this thing?

The Highways here got clogged and stayed that way for a couple of days. It was kinda nuts.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Feb 12 2014, 10:56 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

Woah, hopefully it's just over caution as you have said. Stay in and shred !! wink.gif

Britain's been battered by insane winds and floods.. particularly the South West, Somerset region. Now the Thames valley area (counties around London) are flooding and only now Cameron seems keen to do something about it. Wouldn't have anything to do with all the rich people and MP's who live in and around London by any chance, no, no... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Palacios
post Feb 12 2014, 06:07 PM
Post #3

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.095

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 12 2014, 01:56 AM) *
Woah, hopefully it's just over caution as you have said. Stay in and shred !! wink.gif

Britain's been battered by insane winds and floods.. particularly the South West, Somerset region. Now the Thames valley area (counties around London) are flooding and only now Cameron seems keen to do something about it. Wouldn't have anything to do with all the rich people and MP's who live in and around London by any chance, no, no... rolleyes.gif

Looks like Carmageddon.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
post Feb 13 2014, 05:20 AM
Post #4

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 14.899

Looks like just about everyone is getting hit with crummy weather lately. dry.gif

Chicago area has gone over 60" of snow this Winter (twice as much from last winter).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Feb 13 2014, 07:15 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Staying home and SHREDDING smile.gif And recording!! Actually been recording tracks for a new song I'm working on with ALEXA which is great as I'd been meaning to record for a while now!! Recording matters most (right after practice of course) to me in terms of things I like to do whenever I can and I really get annoyed when I get to busy to lay down some tracks. Now and then I get almost to busy to practice, at which point I turn off my phone, my wifi and lock myself in the studio and practice anyway. Damn the torpedoes, I'm gonna get me some shred time in. smile.gif

I saw on the news that parts of England are UNDER FREAKING WATER!! As in submerged. Is it still like that? Good thing all this "climate change" stuff is a hoax right? smile.gif (that's a crsn grenade, duck!)

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 12 2014, 04:56 AM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Feb 13 2014, 08:02 AM
Post #6

Learning Guitar Hero

Member No.: 13.839

Climate change a hoax? of course not , the climate has changed since time began, but AGW is showing itself more and more to be a flimsy theory based on politically correct junk science and every weather event sensationalized by the media.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Feb 13 2014, 12:32 PM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 13 2014, 06:15 AM) *
I saw on the news that parts of England are UNDER FREAKING WATER!! As in submerged. Is it still like that? Good thing all this "climate change" stuff is a hoax right? smile.gif (that's a crsn grenade, duck!)

Yep, under water my man ! It's closer to how England would have looked centuries ago when the Romans walked this land. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Feb 14 2014, 05:10 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 17.304

How you hangin' in there Todd?

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
post Feb 14 2014, 05:35 PM
Post #9

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 14.225

The rain and winds have been worse than normal in Ireland too, we've had to take the washing off the line and dry it indoors

--------------------
Currently Working on

PosterBoy's Modern Riffing with Gabriel

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Feb 14 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 4.733

what is so bad about freezing rain(which I love , Happens several times a year , here)when old trees get all that extra weight , they they start breaking and falling , taking everything out.
Hope you are doing well, Todd

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Feb 14 2014, 09:11 PM

+Quote Post
Mudbone
post Feb 15 2014, 01:10 AM
Post #11

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 10.329

The storm passed through Charlotte, dropping 6-8 inches of snow. I've been living here for almost 8 years, and haven't seen anything like this. Of course, this is just an average storm back in my home state of Massachusetts lol, but down here, neither the city or residents have the equipment to handle this much snow. I must commend the city of Charlotte though, they did a pretty good job with the limited resources they have.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2017 - 04:10 PM