> New "girl" In Town!, Hufschmid H6 All Sapeli guitar
Darius Wave
post Feb 24 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.069

This is very interesting of how different people feel about the tone in demos smile.gif I'm curious what You'll say after hearing this one in a few different situations smile.gif

To be honest I was satisfied with the tone very much but I also know the type of tone You both Mertay and Monica like and I understand Your arguments. Personally I like bright guitars and bright pickups because of their dynamics response and response for messing with the volume knob while using real tube amp. I know what You mean about a bit compressed and warmer tone of most popular Ibanez guitars and here we have the opposite - those doesn't fit my taste.

I've bit a fan of dark / warm mid-focused tone same as You both, for Years...but people changes. Know I like when the tone has some breath in the treble end.

For my taste it really fits the mix - I love it's heavy tone as well but I'm used to make "tone for the mix" and when guitars treble become hidden under cymbals it's only some tiny attack left and no unpleasant harsh . Of course I do LPF those anyway but not as much as modern taste seems to be (You know...as for heavy tones I grew on Mesa tones from the 90's smile.gif

The cutting through the mix is just my fault if any of you feels it's not ok on Your audio stuff. I was to exited to publish the vid quick so:

1. I didn't left my usuall "one day rest" to fix the mix with fresh hearing
2. I didn't wanted that solo guitar to be on surface - it was the purpose to keep a bit hidden so there is a risk of misunderstanding between our concepts

There will be some more demos on different stuff so will see what You say then wink.gif

Those are just a few samples of how This could sound wink.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Feb 24 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 23 2014, 11:42 PM) *
As promised - very first demo smile.gif

Very nice review man smile.gif Can you please tell me if the nut material is better than bone? I am curious, as I am usually installing bone nuts on all my guitars.... also, your voice and sounds a lot like one of my polish friend's voice, not the accent, but the tone smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Feb 24 2014, 11:20 AM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Techtron is a thing that I'm not sure what could I tell about biggrin.gif It does the job but I would not compare before I can test different nut in the same guitar smile.gif

You made me confused...maybe all Polish people have the same voice tone while speaking in english biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Feb 24 2014, 11:40 AM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 24 2014, 10:20 AM) *
Techtron is a thing that I'm not sure what could I tell about biggrin.gif It does the job but I would not compare before I can test different nut in the same guitar smile.gif

You made me confused...maybe all Polish people have the same voice tone while speaking in english biggrin.gif

Hmmm, it means I will have to dig a little smile.gif Nah, mate, my ears can tell things biggrin.gif You sound a lot like my friend Tomasz - that's a good thing, because I always enjoy a good conversation with him.

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 24 2014, 11:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Feb 24 2014, 11:47 AM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

So we have to meat someday wink.gif and...get a good portion of "soda" wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
post Feb 24 2014, 12:52 PM
Post #26

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.479

Cosmin - If you go in Poland you can visit both Darek and Piotr wink.gif
I don't remember where I read but I have the feeling that Piotr it's more closer to Romania, right Darek? tongue.gif biggrin.gif
So, if you will have time you can visits 2 cities and make alot of pictures smile.gif You can see if both have the same voice tone while speaking in english biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Feb 24 2014, 01:12 PM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

unfortunately it's a huge distance between me and Piotr...but Yes Monica - Piotr is much closer to Your country smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Feb 25 2014, 08:31 AM
Post #28

Instructor
Group Icon

Well, if I get there this year, I will most likely try to get to see them smile.gif It would be awesome if all of us instructor dudes here would meet up in a city in Europe. This would be totally epic - Gabi would have the longest ride by far, but he said he wants to visit Romania someday. Oh and Todd as well... Who knows? Me, Darius and Ben would have a far more easy task at hand tho smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Feb 25 2014, 09:29 AM
Post #29

Instructor
Group Icon

I think Europe is a bit more open and it would be easier to meet. I don't know how about Romania but in Poland we have huge problems to get Visa for travel to US :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Feb 26 2014, 10:18 AM
Post #30

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 25 2014, 08:29 AM) *
I think Europe is a bit more open and it would be easier to meet. I don't know how about Romania but in Poland we have huge problems to get Visa for travel to US :/

I haven't ever traveled to the USA, but out of what I know from friends, it wasn't such a big fuss to get the visa and all that. Well, let's discuss this - I for one am all for it and I think it would be an amazing thing if we actually manage to pull it off! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 09:06 AM