2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Cirse's New Videoclip!, My band's newest video!
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2014, 04:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 3 2014, 12:10 PM) *
Thank you! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif The idea stays, Gabi! biggrin.gif I'm meeting all the guys tonight and I'll propose wink.gif

Cool! I'll be waiting for news. smile.gif

QUOTE (Palacios @ Mar 3 2014, 12:13 PM) *
I showed your video to all my wife, and all our Mexican relatives. They loved it. You should really try and promote it. Nobody here has heard of Cirse before. smile.gif

Awesome to know it mate! We are trying to promote our stuff outside our country. It's not an easy job being independent but that's the plan. We are starting with México and Chile. Let's see what happens!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2014, 09:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 3 2014, 03:42 PM) *
Cool! I'll be waiting for news. smile.gif

Awesome to know it mate! We are trying to promote our stuff outside our country. It's not an easy job being independent but that's the plan. We are starting with México and Chile. Let's see what happens!

I'll write you on FB Gabi wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 4 2014, 11:34 AM
Instructor
Awesome production Gab. While listening I had one though. I wonder how many people do not even realize how skilled player play is some bands like this. You play only what is necessary and what fits perfect for the track. Not to much, not less. Many people listening to the music of Cirse will probably have no idea of how talented player You are smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2014, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 4 2014, 07:34 AM) *
Awesome production Gab. While listening I had one though. I wonder how many people do not even realize how skilled player play is some bands like this. You play only what is necessary and what fits perfect for the track. Not to much, not less. Many people listening to the music of Cirse will probably have no idea of how talented player You are smile.gif

Thanks mate. smile.gif yes, this is true, I compose the songs and I always put the song first. I don't care about showing how good I play, I would be doing some solo guitar stuff for that. When I'm composing or arranging, I see the songs as a producer / listener, not as the guitar player that want to show everybody that he can play so I only add solos when them fit on the song. But it's true that many people can think that I'm just a alt rock rhythm guitarist, and when some of them find my GMC stuff can't believe it. laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 5 2014, 09:41 AM
Instructor
I don't know how abut You but in some bands guitar player has his spot to show off once in the entire show smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2014, 12:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 5 2014, 08:41 AM) *
I don't know how abut You but in some bands guitar player has his spot to show off once in the entire show smile.gif

I think that there are contexts and contexts smile.gif For instance, neither of us shows off in Days of Confusion, because it wouldn't fit the mood and the music. Instead, we can go crazy with the orchestra when we perform at 'Mozart Rocks!'

It's not something to cause frustration, but I have heard a lot of things, such as a funny one about a friend of mine who's an awesome player, but not a showoff -> 'Haha, that Gibson Les Paul is so beautiful... too bad that the guy can't really play it!' People can be incredibly stupid sometimes...

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 5 2014, 12:24 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2014, 01:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 5 2014, 08:24 AM) *
I think that there are contexts and contexts smile.gif For instance, neither of us shows off in Days of Confusion, because it wouldn't fit the mood and the music. Instead, we can go crazy with the orchestra when we perform at 'Mozart Rocks!'

It's not something to cause frustration, but I have heard a lot of things, such as a funny one about a friend of mine who's an awesome player, but not a showoff -> 'Haha, that Gibson Les Paul is so beautiful... too bad that the guy can't really play it!' People can be incredibly stupid sometimes...

hahaha that comment! if those guys would know that it's much more difficult to create awesome original music like the one wrote by The Beatles or Pink Floyd than playing a lick by Paul Gilbert!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2014, 08:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 5 2014, 12:57 PM) *
hahaha that comment! if those guys would know that it's much more difficult to create awesome original music like the one wrote by The Beatles or Pink Floyd than playing a lick by Paul Gilbert!

Exactly! I was having a discussion yesterday with my bass playing friend - the dude that went touring with Steve Vai and he was telling methat there are some folks who bashed him on a forum for playing stuff that looked too simple laugh.gif Jesus Christ man! If STEVE VAI PERSONALLY picked YOU out of a whole country, what else is there to prove??

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 6 2014, 10:11 AM
Instructor
Just thought of this...

People that are most often invited to collaborations are not virtuosos but a regular players who create good atmosphere on stage and who can play simple when it's needed without a complain. Look at Stu Hamm. He plays beautifully simple parts with Satriani even if he can play much more, but...it's not needed there and it's much easier to play with people like this without a fights about what should be played there

Look at the guitar players collaborating with Sting, Joe Cocker, Bryan Adams (Everything I do solo destroys the dystem with it's beautifull simplicity). Those guys are not shredders. Those are fantastic musicians and they have the job because they are able to play only as much as necessary. This is what counts and this is what kids do not understand. I was same idiot in my childhood tongue.gif

Years later I had an opportunity to meet some people that I was laugthing off...and...there was nothing to laugh when they show what they are able to play smile.gif I began to get some respect. Also...after years I started to feel the pleasure of being a part of somthing bigger...not just a player who stood out comparing to the rest of a band. That started to give me satisfaction - You know that feeliung when You're sure what You play is perfect for the moment and Your concious it's Your experience which made You know it does the job for this piece of music. This is fantastic...this is what we call being "grown up" in a sense of music smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2014, 12:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 6 2014, 06:11 AM) *
Just thought of this...

People that are most often invited to collaborations are not virtuosos but a regular players who create good atmosphere on stage and who can play simple when it's needed without a complain. Look at Stu Hamm. He plays beautifully simple parts with Satriani even if he can play much more, but...it's not needed there and it's much easier to play with people like this without a fights about what should be played there

Look at the guitar players collaborating with Sting, Joe Cocker, Bryan Adams (Everything I do solo destroys the dystem with it's beautifull simplicity). Those guys are not shredders. Those are fantastic musicians and they have the job because they are able to play only as much as necessary. This is what counts and this is what kids do not understand. I was same idiot in my childhood tongue.gif

Years later I had an opportunity to meet some people that I was laugthing off...and...there was nothing to laugh when they show what they are able to play smile.gif I began to get some respect. Also...after years I started to feel the pleasure of being a part of somthing bigger...not just a player who stood out comparing to the rest of a band. That started to give me satisfaction - You know that feeliung when You're sure what You play is perfect for the moment and Your concious it's Your experience which made You know it does the job for this piece of music. This is fantastic...this is what we call being "grown up" in a sense of music smile.gif

Wise words mate. Every young musician should read this post, (and even many metal fans! laugh.gif )

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2014, 01:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 6 2014, 09:11 AM) *
Just thought of this...

That makes two of us biggrin.gif .... and AMEN brother, for the wise words wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:30 PM