> My Band Opens For Metallica
Rammikin
post Apr 3 2014, 02:54 AM
Post #121

Experienced Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.529

Absolutely amazing!

At 00:42 in the video when you're talking to James, I can just barely make out what you're saying to him:

Gabe: "Great job on Master of Puppets James. You're almost there, just keep practicing at a slower tempo."

smile.gif Congratulations and I hope many more great things come to you from this.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 3 2014, 11:47 PM
Post #122

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 2 2014, 07:04 PM) *
I'm not sure about the feeling that you describe mate... but I can say I just noticed that the Stadium was full when I saw the pictures later. I didn't note the immensity of the show while we were playing. Even I didn't know that we were using the big lateral screens.

[attachment=36523:cirse.jpg]

[attachment=36524:cirse_2.jpg]

and this is the big moment:

That moment... I know how it feels to be SO into what you have to do, that you don't notice anything else. But seriously man, you are in the Argentinian history books along with Cirse! Congrats once again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Apr 4 2014, 08:54 AM
Post #123

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 2 2014, 07:04 PM) *
and this is the big moment:

I saw this on FB.. just epic. How amazing did you feel at that moment ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 5 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #124

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Apr 2 2014, 10:54 PM) *
Absolutely amazing!

At 00:42 in the video when you're talking to James, I can just barely make out what you're saying to him:

Gabe: "Great job on Master of Puppets James. You're almost there, just keep practicing at a slower tempo."

smile.gif Congratulations and I hope many more great things come to you from this.

hahaha not exacly! tongue.gif thanks a lot mate.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 3 2014, 07:47 PM) *
That moment... I know how it feels to be SO into what you have to do, that you don't notice anything else. But seriously man, you are in the Argentinian history books along with Cirse! Congrats once again!

Thanks a lot my friend. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 4 2014, 04:54 AM) *
I saw this on FB.. just epic. How amazing did you feel at that moment ?

uff I couldn't feel more happy, I think that I could touch my ears with my smile.. laugh.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 6 2014, 05:54 PM
Post #125

Instructor
Group Icon

Haha! Kirk looks like such a distinguished gentleman biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 6 2014, 05:59 PM
Post #126

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 6 2014, 01:54 PM) *
Haha! Kirk looks like such a distinguished gentleman biggrin.gif

hahah yeah, his face gesture added to his guitar that seems to be a sword... laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 7 2014, 10:09 AM
Post #127

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 6 2014, 04:59 PM) *
hahah yeah, his face gesture added to his guitar that seems to be a sword... laugh.gif

Haha! Never thought of it that way, but it could definitely be the image of a knightly gentleman indeed smile.gif

BTW - have you managed to establish a connection with their management as well? That could open A LOT of doors wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 7 2014, 03:37 PM
Post #128

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 7 2014, 06:09 AM) *
Haha! Never thought of it that way, but it could definitely be the image of a knightly gentleman indeed smile.gif

BTW - have you managed to establish a connection with their management as well? That could open A LOT of doors wink.gif

yes, off course our manager is in contact with both the promoter of the show and the band's manager. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mudbone
post Apr 8 2014, 02:56 AM
Post #129

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 10.329

This is so awesome Gabe biggrin.gif Of all the tens of thousands of bands that exist in the world, only a few have managed to share the stage with Metallica. This is quite an accomplishment, especially considering you're not even in the same genre. This also definitely added a few inches to your Mini Me tongue.gif

But the real question we all have is, did you manage steal Kirk Hammett's Wah pedal?

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Apr 8 2014, 05:46 AM
Post #130

Learning Guitar Hero

Member No.: 13.839

You guys are on the road to greatness Gabriel, congrats once again! Cirse rocks! cool.gif Have you guys considered recording an album with the vocals in English to perhaps expand your fanbase internationally? Or have you already and I somehow missed it? I love the music, but I wish I could understand more of the lyrics. My Spanish is definitely lacking and maybe just good enough to get me by on vacation. biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing all the great pics and stories!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 8 2014, 07:31 AM
Post #131

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 7 2014, 02:37 PM) *
yes, off course our manager is in contact with both the promoter of the show and the band's manager. smile.gif

Perfect! biggrin.gif Now, as Mr. Rich said - the english album versions have to rise up in order to make you guys more well known in Europe and the USA. It would be awesome to tour together in Europe biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 8 2014, 04:28 PM
Post #132

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 8 2014, 01:46 AM) *
You guys are on the road to greatness Gabriel, congrats once again! Cirse rocks! cool.gif Have you guys considered recording an album with the vocals in English to perhaps expand your fanbase internationally? Or have you already and I somehow missed it? I love the music, but I wish I could understand more of the lyrics. My Spanish is definitely lacking and maybe just good enough to get me by on vacation. biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing all the great pics and stories!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 8 2014, 03:31 AM) *
Perfect! biggrin.gif Now, as Mr. Rich said - the english album versions have to rise up in order to make you guys more well known in Europe and the USA. It would be awesome to tour together in Europe biggrin.gif

Yeah, this is something that we have been thinking during these 10 years. We did some experiments, but never very seriously. We are even trying to reach other Latin American countries. It's difficult and slow when you don't have support and money. We should do some promo gig in México and other countries but it would mean a lot of money to take all the band and the team there. We couldn't do it yet, and we didn't found promoters interested in doing it. I think that this same thing could happen with other countries with the English versions... not sure. We are working hard, and English versions are on the list.

I also talked in other thread about some prejudices that Argentinean people has with local bands that sing in English, that's another thing that makes us think on it twice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
post Apr 9 2014, 02:01 AM
Post #133

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 14.899

Sorry for the late "congrats" but I didn't see the news that you played the shows until now! Reading through your experience and seeing all the pictures is just amazing. smile.gif It is great that Metallica took the time to meet you guys. The whole experience must have felt surreal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Apr 9 2014, 02:12 AM
Post #134

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Sadly, not singing in English does seriously limit the ability of the music to "TRAVEL" as well as it might otherwise if it were sung in either Mandarin or English smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 8 2014, 11:28 AM) *
Yeah, this is something that we have been thinking during these 10 years. We did some experiments, but never very seriously. We are even trying to reach other Latin American countries. It's difficult and slow when you don't have support and money. We should do some promo gig in México and other countries but it would mean a lot of money to take all the band and the team there. We couldn't do it yet, and we didn't found promoters interested in doing it. I think that this same thing could happen with other countries with the English versions... not sure. We are working hard, and English versions are on the list.

I also talked in other thread about some prejudices that Argentinean people has with local bands that sing in English, that's another thing that makes us think on it twice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
post Apr 9 2014, 05:40 AM
Post #135

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 10.329

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 8 2014, 08:12 PM) *
Sadly, not singing in English does seriously limit the ability of the music to "TRAVEL" as well as it might otherwise if it were sung in either Mandarin or English smile.gif

What's interesting is that it's not just American and British listeners that want songs performed in English, it's pretty much the whole world that prefers it. It's really because English has become such a ubiquitous language that a person in Slovakia probably would rather have music performed in English instead of French, simply because most of the other music they have been exposed to has been in English.

It's also why this Swedish guitar site is in English and not Swedish tongue.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 9 2014, 07:51 AM
Post #136

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 8 2014, 03:28 PM) *

I understand perfectly, as we are in the same situation in respect to knowing what we need to do, but lacking the resources at the time being. I would try the following strategy - promote the English versions only outside Argentina and Latin America in general and see what happens. Your fan base can't be angry with you for trying to reach other places of the world, can they?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Drag0nz&meTaL
post Apr 9 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #137

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 7.939

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 6 2014, 11:53 AM) *
Hey friends! I have some awesome news for Cirse. This March 29th we will be opening for Metallica!! The show will be done on a big stadium for 55000 assistants, it's already sold out and we are the only opening act that day! On 30th, the band Carajo will be playing.

This is like a dream come true for me... I've never thought I would be sharing stage with one of the biggest rock/metal bands ever. smile.gif smile.gif

Check the stadium where bands like Black Sabbath, Gun's & Roses, U2 and Pearl Jam have already played... ohmy.gif

[attachment=36126:estadiounico.jpg]

[attachment=36127:sabbath.jpg]

you are living my dream man thats AWSOME!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 9 2014, 01:22 PM
Post #138

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 9 2014, 03:51 AM) *
I understand perfectly, as we are in the same situation in respect to knowing what we need to do, but lacking the resources at the time being. I would try the following strategy - promote the English versions only outside Argentina and Latin America in general and see what happens. Your fan base can't be angry with you for trying to reach other places of the world, can they?

yeah, they shouldn't... I will talk again about this with the guys... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 10 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #139

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 9 2014, 12:22 PM) *
yeah, they shouldn't... I will talk again about this with the guys... smile.gif

I think we could use our little project idea for a mutually beneficial promo biggrin.gif Write me when you guys are ready wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 12 2014, 03:05 AM
Post #140

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 10 2014, 07:57 AM) *
I think we could use our little project idea for a mutually beneficial promo biggrin.gif Write me when you guys are ready wink.gif

Definitely! I will do what I promised. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2017 - 11:33 PM