Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hearing Flat With Headphones
SeeJay
post May 12 2014, 08:36 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.758

Sounds fine here. You're playing the blues, being a little pitchy might be par for the course.

QUOTE (wrk @ Mar 25 2014, 08:44 AM) *
Thank you guys for your thoughts !!

So basically the common opinion is my issue is not caused by headphone/volume ether, right?
Damn, so i guess my hearing and bending technique is not at this point yet were it supposed to be.

I just experienced this again by working on the last two collabs. Technically these takes are not really difficult, but i needed to do quite some retakes as i thought to have spotted some pitch problems and i’m still not sure at some points. Maybe it’s just obsessive and i imagine things which are not there ..

Would you mind listening to these takes again in terms of unstable pitch issues? Thanks guys !!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blue Willy
post May 13 2014, 12:57 AM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.267

I've never had this issue with cans in the studio. I have had issues when I hear something at very low volume, either coming out of a set of cans that is not on my head or extremely low monitor volume. The track then sounds very flat to me...not in pitch with the guitar I have just carefully tuned. As soon as the volume is raised a bit my perception changes and it sounds in tune.

--------------------
Mike

"The business ain't nothin' but the blues!" - Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Inductee in the Blues Hall of Fame, March 14, 2012.

Mike-Wilhelm.com
YouTube: Michael Ray Wilhelm, Blusician, guitar & vocal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 05:49 PM