post Apr 5 2014, 08:54 AM
Post #21

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.838

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 5 2014, 07:37 AM) *
Hi dcz702.

My overall impression is very good:

Sound: it sounds awesome. If you like the sound of EMG pickups, than this one is perfect. I noticed that when you roll the volume back it cleans up pretty good, I actually didn't expect that. You can get really nice clear cleans. If you combine that sound with some fx like reverb and delay it sounds so beaytifull (at least to my ears).
The distorted sound gives you that distinctive EMG sound. Perfect for rock, metal, thrash etc.

Action & Finish: I had this one set up by a really good guitar tech. It plays absolutely amazing. My fingers fly across the fretboard like never before, because of the low action. The finish is nice high gloss.

The Floyd Rose 1000 is really different then all other trems I had before. This one stays in tune!! smile.gif

If I had to rate it I would give it a 9 out of 10 just because it has no bird inlays on the neck!!

Cool man. I was expecting to hear good things about it from you. I think having no inlays on it kinda looks cool. Want the emg's for metal and the longer scale for D tuning and drop C. I was originally looking for no Floyd wanted a hard tail never use tremolos probably cause none of my guitars have it, maybe if I have one I'll learn to use it wouldn't hurt to have one I guess. Glad you liked your new axe, glad you posted it to, I might not have ever known it existed. Thanks bro.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Apr 5 2014, 11:54 AM
Post #22

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 5.298

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 5 2014, 09:37 AM) *
Hi dcz702.

My overall impression is very good:

Sound: it sounds awesome. If you like the sound of EMG pickups, than this one is perfect. I noticed that when you roll the volume back it cleans up pretty good, I actually didn't expect that. You can get really nice clear cleans. If you combine that sound with some fx like reverb and delay it sounds so beaytifull (at least to my ears).
The distorted sound gives you that distinctive EMG sound. Perfect for rock, metal, thrash etc.

Action & Finish: I had this one set up by a really good guitar tech. It plays absolutely amazing. My fingers fly across the fretboard like never before, because of the low action. The finish is nice high gloss.

The Floyd Rose 1000 is really different then all other trems I had before. This one stays in tune!! smile.gif

If I had to rate it I would give it a 9 out of 10 just because it has no bird inlays on the neck!!

If it's missing some day... it was definitely, definitely me taking it!

Gotta love new guitars and guitars with proper setup. My fender strat has such a low action set up, you could almost play it with your eyes. I wish my Schecter could have the same setup, but that would require quite a lot of work, I reckon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 5 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Hehe!

Nice to read that you are happy with your PRS man smile.gif I am not that big a fan of EMGs, so that's why I would've went for the C24. I tried the EMGs on the Paul Allender new model and they are a bit too loud and stingy for my taste smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Apr 5 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #24

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 19.437

Trying out my new PRS SE Torero with Metallica - Enter Sandman. With really bad improvised solo, sorry for that wink.gif

This post has been edited by Jeroen: Apr 5 2014, 07:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
dcz702
post Apr 6 2014, 01:07 AM
Post #25

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 17.838

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 3 2014, 08:41 PM) *
I played it, I traded in my Ibanez RGA72tqm and went home a happy man!

Loaded with EMG's and a Floyd Rose 1000. Man, what a great day! Thanks to Sensible Jones for pointing out the PRS SE Torero. Video coming soon!
[attachment=36536:image.jpg]

Reviews weren't kidding. Great guitar. Was gonna get a schecter but I liked the prs a lot better. Thanks for showing your new guitar. Now I gots to set it up I passed on the 80 dollars they charge for 3 set ups. Gonna start a thread to get some help as I've never set up a floyd.

This post has been edited by dcz702: Apr 6 2014, 01:16 AM
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Apr 6 2014, 07:04 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Apr 6 2014, 02:07 AM) *
Reviews weren't kidding. Great guitar. Was gonna get a schecter but I liked the prs a lot better. Thanks for showing your new guitar. Now I gots to set it up I passed on the 80 dollars they charge for 3 set ups. Gonna start a thread to get some help as I've never set up a floyd.

Nice!! Congratulations! Beautiful blue finish man! Make a video, I want to hear how it sounds through your amp:)

This post has been edited by Jeroen: Apr 6 2014, 07:06 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 6 2014, 06:47 PM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey Jeroen - glad to see you are already taking the girl out for the parade biggrin.gif Now, watch out for your timing sir, you are rushing a bit wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Apr 6 2014, 07:06 PM
Post #28

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

First off, really nice production on your vid smile.gif Graphic intro, multiple camera angles, etc. Some really nice work there smile.gif Your playing has a lot of energy and vigor so cheers there! As cosmin mentions, your timing is maybe a pinch rushed and in the accoustic part in the intro perhaps a tad stiff? You can play that intro using a chord instead of doing it more like a single note arpeggio and it makes it sound smoother. But these are things that will come with practice smile.gif The good news is, your guitar sounds spiff and your vids are top notch!! The playing will only get better and better as you practice.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 6 2014, 01:47 PM) *
Hey Jeroen - glad to see you are already taking the girl out for the parade biggrin.gif Now, watch out for your timing sir, you are rushing a bit wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Apr 6 2014, 10:41 PM
Post #29

Thanks Cosmin and Todd for watch my vid (and struggling through that awfull solo, hahaha smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Apr 6 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #30

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Sure thing smile.gif Solo worked for me smile.gif Sure one can always improve, but your being to hard on yourself!

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 6 2014, 05:41 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin and Todd for watch my vid (and struggling through that awfull solo, hahaha smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Apr 7 2014, 10:03 AM
Post #31

Instructor
Group Icon

As Todd stated - experience will provide insight in respect to seemingly small but VERY important details smile.gif Now you mustn't bang your head against the wall because you aren't bagging everything in one day. Imagine that pretty much every great player out there has been playing for years and still practices religiously in order to keep the boat floating. But that ONE THING that mattered most, was making music over everything else. I don't think that Jimmy Page was practicing 16th notes smile.gif He was aiming to make songs - awesome ones actually smile.gif Keep music as your main direction and the journey will ALWAYS be fun, regardless of the fact that it will last a lifetime wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2017 - 12:13 PM