2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I Quit!
Spock
Apr 4 2014, 02:31 PM
GMC:er
Attached Image

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: Apr 4 2014, 02:33 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 03:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
I often become jealous when I see or hear players like this, but thinking about how many hours some of these must have put in, regardless of natural talent, I can't help but think that it's only natural that I'm left far behind when not putting enough time into guitar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 4 2014, 03:12 PM
Learning Roadie
I often feel the same way, but I'm also aware that looking back to my childhood I obviously had some natural musical talent, and dread to think how bad I would be without that.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 4 2014, 03:54 PM
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 4 2014, 02:31 PM) *
Attached Image

What do you mean you can't play like that ohmy.gif Looks like someone hasn't been praying to our Lord.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 4 2014, 03:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 4 2014, 03:02 PM) *
I often become jealous when I see or hear players like this, but thinking about how many hours some of these must have put in, regardless of natural talent, I can't help but think that it's only natural that I'm left far behind when not putting enough time into guitar.

This is exactly the type of thinking which I adopted a little while after after signing up to GMC and I must say it has kept me from quite a few nervous breakdowns while watching and listening to annoyingly talented guitarists smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 04:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 4 2014, 04:59 PM) *
This is exactly the type of thinking which I adopted a little while after after signing up to GMC and I must say it has kept me from quite a few nervous breakdowns while watching and listening to annoyingly talented guitarists smile.gif

I keep saying: "Imagine what could be achieved with just 4 hours of concentrated practice a day".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 4 2014, 04:11 PM

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Apr 4 2014, 10:54 AM) *
What do you mean you can't play like that ohmy.gif Looks like someone hasn't been praying to our Lord.

I was about to say it must be a cruel joke form za gawds.

Fact is, yes - it takes practice, but there are many, many, many people that playing comes much more naturally too.

GMC should locate her and make her an instructor.

This post has been edited by Spock: Apr 4 2014, 04:12 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 05:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 4 2014, 05:11 PM) *
I was about to say it must be a cruel joke form za gawds.

Fact is, yes - it takes practice, but there are many, many, many people that playing comes much more naturally too.

GMC should locate her and make her an instructor.

Of course some have natural talent, but I'd wager to say that if you're naturally talented it's also easier to put time into the instrument. I remember that from playing football, which I always felt was my natural talent (before I got badly injured). I had no problem playing football 4 hours a day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 4 2014, 06:46 PM
Learning Tone Master

I'm never jealous when I see somebody playing awesome. On the contrary I have a much bigger ambition smile.gif But I'm feel sorry just because when I was a child I chose to go at musical school to study piano not guitar. If I could turn the time back I would change this. The stupid thing is that I always loved guitar but when I chose the instrument for me I saw that my father guitar cut my fingers and at piano just push a key and sounds without any effort tongue.gif Wrong thinking but I was just a kid.
Now I try to recover all these years but it's impossible even if I changed all things in my life for this goal. I can't catch all the things so fast like in childhood.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 4 2014, 07:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Apr 4 2014, 02:54 PM) *

Exactly. I have my Lord Petrucci figurine next to my computer and I pray several times a day. I also leave offerings.

+Quote Post
Frankster
Apr 4 2014, 07:38 PM
I think it is better to feel what you Play instead of shreed out your soul wink.gif

Look to her, she Looks like feeling bored playing this fast stuff.

I know that I will never can Play stuff like this, because it is not my style.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 4 2014, 11:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 4 2014, 02:31 PM) *

all you need to do, is buy that guitar and you will be able to play like her
I guess since i am left handed ,I am off the hook huh.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
Apr 5 2014, 01:11 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 4 2014, 01:31 PM) *
Attached Image

there are so many gifted people out there no matter what your into there always going to be someone who seems like everything just comes easier to them. ive seen it through my years in sports and also people i know in music, but who knows maybe they put hours a day or maybe there like that kid we saw with perfect pitch.
my aproach to this is learn take all the knowledge available to me and soak it up like a sponge. dont let people who seem to get it faster and easier than you discourage you. when i learn something new or unlock something to me that was myserious to me or get a technique down that i struggled with it feels good that im one step closer to what i think i could accomplish. learning is fun even when the people you learn from are miles ahead of you. all you can do is do your best. and watch yourself grow biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by dcz702: Apr 5 2014, 01:19 AM

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Apr 5 2014, 06:34 AM
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Apr 5 2014, 01:11 AM) *
there are so many gifted people out there no matter what your into there always going to be someone who seems like everything just comes easier to them. ive seen it through my years in sports and also people i know in music, but who knows maybe they put hours a day or maybe there like that kid we saw with perfect pitch.
my aproach to this is learn take all the knowledge available to me and soak it up like a sponge. dont let people who seem to get it faster and easier than you discourage you. when i learn something new or unlock something to me that was myserious to me or get a technique down that i struggled with it feels good that im one step closer to what i think i could accomplish. learning is fun even when the people you learn from are miles ahead of you. all you can do is do your best. and watch yourself grow biggrin.gif

Very well said mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 5 2014, 08:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Anyone found that people that have natural 'talent' often quit or stay at a certain level when they come to a point where hard work and discipline is needed. because they've not learnt how to practice properly like those of us that have always struggled from the beginning

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 5 2014, 10:42 AM
Instructor
There is no need to be jelous smile.gif Of course it's worth respect and appreciation but let finally say it.

Our practice will take as no further than we need smile.gif I mean If You are not able to make yourself practice as much as necessary to reach that level...You probably just don't need it that much smile.gif As said by Ben..we all know how much time taking is practice even very talented people need to practice smile.gif The difference is...they take the time to reach the level because they a posessed with a need of getting things done.

Most players think like " Man...I would like to play like that" but seems like there is no self-motivation so big that would lead them there smile.gif
For me it's even with "I don't need to have that huge skills"...it's something natural smile.gif We admire others but somewhere inside we're sure we won't give same amount of work to reach that point smile.gif

It's nothing bad though smile.gif

Personally I see one big problem. From the countless number of skilled Young players....how many compose their own stuff?

Who ever tried to write instrumental song, knows how hard it is...much easier to say "I can play like this" but the question is "Would I be able to write something like this".

In a present times I'm afraid about Young people because they're going in the bad direction sad.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 5 2014, 11:24 AM
Learning Roadie
True Darius.

I worked with a guy who could play fast and could play stuff if he had tab. But had no creativity, no theory knowledge, so couldn't jam, improvise or even string a chord progression together than worked.

I think that there is too much information about that is too easy to access now, the effort needed to learn, like we used to from rewinding tapes or lifting the needle on a record made sure we knew what we were doing.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 5 2014, 11:28 AM
Instructor
I know exactly what You mean smile.gif I was lucky enough to born in that poor knowledge availability period as well and had to make things by ear etc...

This was a true creativity workshop.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 5 2014, 11:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 5 2014, 09:33 AM) *
Anyone found that people that have natural 'talent' often quit or stay at a certain level when they come to a point where hard work and discipline is needed. because they've not learnt how to practice properly like those of us that have always struggled from the beginning

I definitely reckon this from my school days. I always had it very easy, never did any homework, but got good grades anyway. Then suddenly at university, when studying Linguistics, I had to do a whole lot more of leg work to keep up, and well, ultimately I did not keep up and gave in instead. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 5 2014, 11:42 AM) *
There is no need to be jelous smile.gif Of course it's worth respect and appreciation but let finally say it.

Our practice will take as no further than we need smile.gif I mean If You are not able to make yourself practice as much as necessary to reach that level...You probably just don't need it that much smile.gif As said by Ben..we all know how much time taking is practice even very talented people need to practice smile.gif The difference is...they take the time to reach the level because they a posessed with a need of getting things done.

Most players think like " Man...I would like to play like that" but seems like there is no self-motivation so big that would lead them there smile.gif
For me it's even with "I don't need to have that huge skills"...it's something natural smile.gif We admire others but somewhere inside we're sure we won't give same amount of work to reach that point smile.gif

It's nothing bad though smile.gif

Personally I see one big problem. From the countless number of skilled Young players....how many compose their own stuff?

Who ever tried to write instrumental song, knows how hard it is...much easier to say "I can play like this" but the question is "Would I be able to write something like this".

In a present times I'm afraid about Young people because they're going in the bad direction sad.gif

You know, somehow I have just as much, if not more, respect for someone who has worked their way to the top, rather than just from pure natural talent.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 5 2014, 12:28 PM) *
I know exactly what You mean smile.gif I was lucky enough to born in that poor knowledge availability period as well and had to make things by ear etc...

The more I hear about this period of time, the more I envy people going through that. I grew up with the internet and tabs being more and more popular, so I never got to experience all that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 5 2014, 05:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 5 2014, 10:28 AM) *

I grew up the same as you, without tabs and internet. I had just my sheet music from school but these were with classical music. I got my first PC when I was 18 years old. The single way to listen music was at TV or cassette tapes. All the songs that I liked I put them on the piano by ear. I didn't had any other posibility. I still use this "old" habit because it's much confortable and faster for me than finding a good tab on internet tongue.gif
My brother's daughter when hear our stories about that period always do the same comment: "What primitive generation, how could you live without internet" and I always tell her "much happy than you" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:39 PM