> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

26 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cael's Composition Workouts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 7 2015, 04:47 AM
Post #221

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi Cael, it's great that you are honest with you and notice what's the time that you can keep focus while practicing. You don't need to practice more than that. Let's keep 1 hour during this new week.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 7 2015, 08:04 PM
Post #222

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 7 2015, 05:47 AM) *
Hi Cael, it's great that you are honest with you and notice what's the time that you can keep focus while practicing. You don't need to practice more than that. Let's keep 1 hour during this new week.

I can hardly squeeze in an hour on regular days, it's already 9PM and I have only just sort of read my 45 pages homework for tomorrow. I have not had dinner yet either. Damn you, university! It's generally exciting enough (I have classes such as 3D animation and programming, but also more boring about how to evaluate products and about the learning model they used at Aalborg University). Generally speaking I'm not home before around 6-7PM, maybe even later, every day. So I'm spending about 10-11 hours at university. I know some have it worse than I do, but for me it's a lot smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 7 2015, 08:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 7 2015, 09:54 PM
Post #223

Instructor
Group Icon

yeah, that's a lot but if that's what you want to do and you're enjoying it, I'm happy for you. smile.gif

About the practice, do you think that you can keep the one hour per day plan?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 7 2015, 10:05 PM
Post #224

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 7 2015, 10:54 PM) *
yeah, that's a lot but if that's what you want to do and you're enjoying it, I'm happy for you. smile.gif

About the practice, do you think that you can keep the one hour per day plan?

I can at least give it my best shot for the practice plan. I did 1 hour of composing today though instead of technique+composing, I only managed to work a bit on some old ideas. 1 hour goes by very quickly!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 8 2015, 01:22 PM
Post #225

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 7 2015, 06:05 PM) *
I can at least give it my best shot for the practice plan. I did 1 hour of composing today though instead of technique+composing, I only managed to work a bit on some old ideas. 1 hour goes by very quickly!

yeah, it goes very quickly when practice is focused. I don't think that it's a problem if some days one of the two main topics eat the other one. In the end, the most important thing is to keep on making music. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 9 2015, 03:21 PM
Post #226

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 8 2015, 02:22 PM) *
yeah, it goes very quickly when practice is focused. I don't think that it's a problem if some days one of the two main topics eat the other one. In the end, the most important thing is to keep on making music. smile.gif

Most days I have anywhere between 50 to 100 pages to read for university. Almost no time for guitar, but it's my "off time" from university, so I gotta squeeze it in, or I'll go mad from too much uni work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Sep 9 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #227

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 9 2015, 11:21 AM) *
Most days I have anywhere between 50 to 100 pages to read for university. Almost no time for guitar, but it's my "off time" from university, so I gotta squeeze it in, or I'll go mad from too much uni work.

yeah, I hope that you could find a good balance.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Oct 6 2015, 02:23 PM
Post #228

Learning Rock Star

So, I've dropped out of university. It's a relief, but also makes me feel a bit like a failure, to be honest. I signed up for something called IPS, which would have gotten me enrolled in some job opportunities, but I wasn't accepted in to it (or rather, it was just names being drawn at random, and mine wasn't drawn), so now I'll have to continue what I was doing before university, which is being some 10-15 hours at another place here in Copenhagen. It's not a lot, but it's probably suitable for my head not to stress out too much (like with university), but all this means I have LOTS of time for guitar, and I feel more dedicated than ever - except for one little detail, which is that I would love to sell some of my guitars and buy a new one, but perhaps that'll come true soon. I've put 3 guitars up for sale and hopefully they can be sold, so I can buy a new one.

Now back to playing guitar, getting a routine and what not. I'd love to make some more student lessons here at GMC. That could be another new goal smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 6 2015, 03:13 PM
Post #229

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Cael! These are definitely great news! I know that it has been hard to take this decisions but you already know my thoughts and had my suggestions about what to do with this. I think that you have done a wise choice.

Your goals sounds very good to me. It's now time to design a list of steps to achieve short and long term goals based on your ideas here.

You talked about two main directions:

- Guitar Practice

- GMC student lessons

- Composition (You didn't say this but I know it's one of your goals)ç

How is your guitar routine? what topics are you planning to cover on student lessons?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Oct 6 2015, 03:42 PM
Post #230

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 6 2015, 04:13 PM) *
Hi Cael! These are definitely great news! I know that it has been hard to take this decisions but you already know my thoughts and had my suggestions about what to do with this. I think that you have done a wise choice.

Your goals sounds very good to me. It's now time to design a list of steps to achieve short and long term goals based on your ideas here.

You talked about two main directions:

- Guitar Practice

- GMC student lessons

- Composition (You didn't say this but I know it's one of your goals)ç

How is your guitar routine? what topics are you planning to cover on student lessons?

My guitar routine is not really set in stone yet. I'd like to dedicate more time to guitar now. I always end up coming back to wanting to compose music, so often I end up sitting around with certain riffs trying to expand on them or get new ideas, even if I've said to myself: "now it's time to practice some exercises". But I really want to work on some technique too, but for some reason it's hard to keep focused on it over let's say a week or two. I "forget" about them and start trying to compose instead.

I also have a friend who's moving to Copenhagen after Christmas, and he wants to start making music with me. He's way better than me, so I think that will inspire me to improve. It's always great to have some friendly competition and someone to work with smile.gif I've missed that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Oct 6 2015, 05:47 PM
Post #231

Learning Rock Star

On another note, I feel like I'm going away from my djent-period and moving more towards prog metal again like what I came from.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 6 2015, 08:57 PM
Post #232

Instructor
Group Icon

Well, you already have a good guitar level so it would be a good plan if you focus on composing and then practicing what you compose. It's how many professional guitarists like Petrucci and Vai work nowadays. You should re-organize all the ideas that you've composed and start building a plan based on releasing your own music.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Oct 7 2015, 12:44 PM
Post #233

Learning Rock Star

How would I go about that? Should I compose something that is just out of my range to practice getting better technique too?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 7 2015, 01:44 PM
Post #234

Instructor
Group Icon

No, that should happen naturally. You should compose what comes to your mind no matter if you can play it or not, then you practice it. If everything you compose is playable for you and you like it, there is no reason why you should play trickier stuff. Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Oct 7 2015, 01:59 PM
Post #235

Learning Rock Star

Makes sense. I'm on my phone now so will reply more later. I used to compose whatever I had in my head. But it was often way out of what I could play. So I went back to writing within my comfort zone. Maybe this was a bad move.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 8 2015, 03:34 PM
Post #236

Instructor
Group Icon

Let your imagination fly and then work hard to be able to play what you created. It's the best way to stay motivated to keep on practicing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Oct 17 2015, 04:05 PM
Post #237

Learning Rock Star

Sorry I've not been too active in my thread here. I've been working on making some videos as you have seen smile.gif

Also, I'm hoping I can sell my 8 string guitar on Tuesday when a guy comes to have a look at it. If I can indeed sell it then I will buy an RG3570Z smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 17 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #238

Instructor
Group Icon

You are doing a great job mate! I'm following you.... and also, it's a very nice surprise to see that you have such a powerful voice! There are no limits not man, your first EP should be coming... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Oct 17 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #239

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 17 2015, 05:26 PM) *
You are doing a great job mate! I'm following you.... and also, it's a very nice surprise to see that you have such a powerful voice! There are no limits not man, your first EP should be coming... smile.gif

It's weird though, my regular clean singing voice isn't like that at all. It's not very powerful and not very good laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 17 2015, 04:39 PM
Post #240

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 17 2015, 12:35 PM) *
It's weird though, my regular clean singing voice isn't like that at all. It's not very powerful and not very good laugh.gif

Maybe it just needs training and practice. Everybody can sing with practice. How were you at guitar the first time you picked up one? I believe it's the same with singing. Trust in you mate. And even if I'm wrong, you've already found a killer agressive voice that can fit great with your tunes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 11:19 PM