Percussive Guitar
EvsT70
Apr 25 2014, 11:08 AM
GMC:er
Hi GMCers,

For years I've dabbled with 'percussive acoustic guitar' or some call it 'extreme folk' etc. however I've never progressed to far at all.

Is there a series on GMC for this genre? I've looked at Ramiro's AMAZING lessons. But it's too advanced for me.

I'm looking for something to challenge me (I'd get bored and lose interest with a beginner lesson) but I'd not be able to deal with an advanced lesson.

Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 25 2014, 11:55 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Check out these two lessons which feature percussive playing on acoustic and electric yet are not too advanced :

- https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Acoustic-Slap-Rhythm/
- https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Slap-Guitar/

For getting started with the genre, I would suggest picking up the rhythm percussive part from this lesson just to get used to playing "drums" on the acoustic and keeping the beat going : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Acoust...ternative-Rock/

Last but not least, I would recommend checking out some of my slap bass lessons.
The techniques from bass translate very well to the guitar and can be very useful in percussive guitar style of playing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 26 2014, 08:50 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Bogdan has good recommendations here - I would also add these two - they are a little bit more challenging, but I think they hit the spot in respect to what you want - let me know what you think:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/funk_rhythms_and__slap/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Slap-P...ustic-Workshop/

+Quote Post
EvsT70
Apr 26 2014, 11:57 AM
That's fantastic.

Massively appreciate the links, advice and tips.

Thanks!!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 26 2014, 12:49 PM
Instructor
All the best to you bro! I'd be the proudest to see a take on my acoustic lesson smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 2 2014, 08:33 PM
Instructor
i also recommend you a cover from john mayer called neon in percussive playing,this version can also be played on acoustic guitar.hope you'll enjoy it wink.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/John_Mayer-Neon/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2014, 10:49 AM
Instructor
Excellent addition from Marius - he did a great job with this lesson and I'm sure you can benefit a lot from learning it and especially transposing it onto the acoustic guitar.

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 5 2014, 07:42 PM
What are some 'extreme folk' (hate that term already tongue.gif ) artists to check out?

I'm intrigued.

Seems like you're describing the kinds of guys who stand on the street corners playing the same slapadoo songs on homemade 10 string instruments for tips. (My mom is usually impressed)

QUOTE (EvsT70 @ Apr 25 2014, 10:08 AM) *
Hi GMCers,

For years I've dabbled with 'percussive acoustic guitar' or some call it 'extreme folk' etc. however I've never progressed to far at all.

Is there a series on GMC for this genre? I've looked at Ramiro's AMAZING lessons. But it's too advanced for me.

I'm looking for something to challenge me (I'd get bored and lose interest with a beginner lesson) but I'd not be able to deal with an advanced lesson.

Thanks.

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2014, 08:30 PM
Instructor
My favorites at the moment:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:54 AM