Gabriel Leopardi
post May 11 2014, 11:12 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 11 2014, 09:56 AM) *
I'm pretty curious about how things turned up - some folks aren't that eager to hear the truth told to their faces, ya know...

me too.. let's see if Spock comes here with some news.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
post May 15 2014, 09:30 AM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.265

I just now saw this.

Well, I had "The Talk" with him Monday.

I told him that it's not that I mind him being here, but that it's because I want to see him self-sufficient, and I felt that he was too comfortable in the current situation. That I didn't see him making strides forward.

I said I hoped that he found a place close by so that I could still help him if he needed a lift somewhere until he got a car, and my wife even got him an application to be the warehouse manager where she works (which he is way over-qualified for) to my knowledge he has still not filled that out.

Anyway, I said that I did not want to kick him out and make him homeless, but that I did think 3 months was plenty of time to have found a different, more stable living situation even if that was with a room mate - at least a room mate that actually wanted a room mate.

So he said that he felt he could find a place within the next 2 weeks; which I said was okay, but my plan was to charge him $100/week to stay for each upcoming week. After that for the next 4 weeks it would be $125/week, and if he still hasn't found a place in then it goes up to $150/week - which would be $600/month.

So, everything was fine, the talk was good and I'm glad I got it off my chest. I'll just wait and see what happens now. I figure that if the unfortunate time comes where he has been here for 6 months, I may have to tell him his time has come, and I am sorry, but he can not stay here another night - I will be glad to help him pack and take him to another friends that may let him stay for a week or so, but he can no longer buy time here with me and my wife - I hope it does not boil down to that.

I will continually remind him by asking if what is available and also looking myself and flooding his email with potential places for him, but I also know that if my rent goes up to $150/week, it would be less expensive for him to stay in local extended stay hotel.

This post has been edited by Spock: May 15 2014, 09:33 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 15 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Well done Spock. I think that your talk and plan sounds very reasonable. I hope that this really wakes up your friend and make him start to do something with his life. I also think that you must feel much more relieved now...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post May 16 2014, 02:25 PM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

You definitely had the correct approach smile.gif Was there any other situation in which you had to handle a difficult discussion and managed to lead things to a great resolve?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 15 2014, 02:32 PM) *
Well done Spock. I think that your talk and plan sounds very reasonable. I hope that this really wakes up your friend and make him start to do something with his life. I also think that you must feel much more relieved now...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 07:35 AM