> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Annemie's Practice Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
post Mar 15 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #41

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi Annemie! Good update!

I listened to your take on Paramore lesson carefully and I can see that it's evolving really well. There are not important things to improve, it mostly requires more practice to feel more comfortable with the different parts to make the palm muting riffs sound smoother and the whole things more connected with the groove of the song, and off course reaching a higher tempo. When you play only downstrokes with palm muting, your rhythm is not totally consistent. Try to make smaller movements with your right hand to make your technique more efficient.

So please keep on practicing this one focusing on timing and also on making your movements effective to slowly be able to increase the overall tempo.

The lesson that you started working is a good choice to work on phrasing, soloing, vibrato and bending. However it can be a bit tricky, mostly in the last measures where the speed is high. You can go for this one if you want, but you will have to be patient, and work on alternative exercises that help you to master the trickier sections.

I'll check your REC take in a moment.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Annemie
post Apr 2 2015, 09:08 PM
Post #42

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 15.608

Hey Gab, I have a little update for you about the ADTR-Style lesson. I´m practicing it now a bit slower at 70 % speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rm9poNlBvU

The Solo lesson is indeed a bit tricky biggrin.gif I´m learning the first half of the lesson. I have a bit more Time the next days so I think I can do a recording to show you the progress. smile.gif
I incorporated back my alternate picking exercice `move your little finger`. It`s a long time ago I played this one smile.gif . And I`m thinking about integrating this lesson soon in my routine https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Cheers Annemie

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 3 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #43

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Annemie, thanks for the update.

ADTR lesson is correct now. It's great to see you playing this one at a comfortable tempo. You need to be careful with timing at 00:44 since that part is not tight. Isolate it and work on 16th notes with palm muting at this tempo. Then get back to the lesson and you'd feel more comfortable.

Move your little finger and Land of legato are two of my all time fav lessons for practicing both AP and Legato so you have my ok to include them on your routine. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
post Apr 12 2015, 03:47 PM
Post #44

Learning Roadie

Hi Gab, I recorded the first half of the lesson `rock solo beginner` at 70 % speed. Not very good yet but it´s a start tongue.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp7Hc3DrUKY...eature=youtu.be

I recorded also the `move your little finger´ lesson at 60 BPM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl2wlu5weOU...eature=youtu.be

I will try to record a new version of the ADTR style lesson tomorow, It didn`t worked out well today rolleyes.gif

Thanks for feedback in advance. Cheers Annemie

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 12 2015, 06:59 PM
Post #45

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Ann! Thanks for the update! It's great to see you working hard and motivated. smile.gif

The lessons are evolving ok, there are just details to have in mind on during the next days of practice.

- Rock Solo: Be careful on timing when you play licks around 00:33 and focus on vibrato to make it sound more regular and connected with the backing's groove.

- Move your little finger: This one sounds really good, but I recommend you to try to make less left hand finger movement and keep them closer to the fret-board when you quit them. Also, there is a wrong note at 01:04.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
post Apr 16 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #46

Learning Roadie

Hi Gab,
I have a new take for the ADTR lesson, I don´t know exactly if it`s better already, but it is the best take out of several try`s. smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnwHhE-oJso...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 17 2015, 03:01 PM
Post #47

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Annemie, this new take shows a progress compared to the previous take. The main problem was when you play 16th notes and I can hear it tighter on the main riff. The bridge/pre-chorus section is also better but it's the part less precise work on it.

One good trick to practice 16th notes is to set the metronome a bit faster than the current backing that you are using, practice the part for 20 minutes and then get back to the current backing. You will feel that it's slow and your riffing should be more comfortable, try it and tell me what happens.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
post May 4 2015, 07:22 PM
Post #48

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 17 2015, 04:01 PM) *
Hi Annemie, this new take shows a progress compared to the previous take. The main problem was when you play 16th notes and I can hear it tighter on the main riff. The bridge/pre-chorus section is also better but it's the part less precise work on it.

One good trick to practice 16th notes is to set the metronome a bit faster than the current backing that you are using, practice the part for 20 minutes and then get back to the current backing. You will feel that it's slow and your riffing should be more comfortable, try it and tell me what happens.

Hi Gab, thanks for the tip, it feels indeed more comfortable when I go back to 70% speed after playing it at a faster tempo. I did a new recording. It`s still not perfekt but I think the bridge part is better now. I still hear some notes that are not tight in the main riff, but I think I played the Outro part better than the Intro. smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoSUgbF22Dg

I also did a short recording for the legato lesson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvWjMi0XsAQ

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 5 2015, 02:28 PM
Post #49

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi mate, good job!

You're right! You did the outro much better, and I can say that it's very close! It seems that the trick helped to polish your timing. Please continue working like this since I think that you are on the right track.

The legato recording is also sounding good. The technique sounds smooth and clear, but you need to be sure that you are playing the 16th notes totally tight, it's not perfect.

Ok Ann, these two videos are showing very promising improvements, keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
post May 17 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #50

Learning Roadie

Hi Gab, I have a new update for you today. I recorded again the ADTR-Style lesson. This time a little bit faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxrJ95F69dk

I learned a new lesson too so that I have a lesson that is less difficult than my other lessons cool.gif. I posted it in the rec zone It`s not perfekt but it`s a first try.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

I think I can post an update about my rock solo next week.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 18 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #51

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Annemie, thanks for the new video!

It's great to see you slowly going faster with this one. You are not totally comfortable yet but the more problematic parts are sounding better! So you are on the right track with ADTR lesson! Congrats!!

I'll check your REC take in a moment. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
post Jul 8 2015, 12:06 PM
Post #52

Learning Roadie

Hi Gab, I´m back from vacation so I had to do a lot of catching up wink.gif

Here are a few new videos:

The first one is a new version of the ADTR Style lesson It`s a bit faster then the last one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmPbjxi2XpY

The second one is a faster version of the Paramore Style lesson. The down picking parts feels a bit better now, my hand is not going numb that much anymore biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th5orzhTpTc

Next one is an update on the rock solo lesson. I didn`t record the last bar, I`m practicing it very slowly. It`s overall not very good yet I played some mistakes especially in the slide riff. I`m practicing that very slow too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJEpwwDgJwA

Next one is a new one, Volbeat Style, although I have enough lessons to work on, I started this one because I could not resist a volbeat style lesson tongue.gif I didn`t record the last part I have to practice that also very slowly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twikZuOMtZE

and last but not least a new Take from the John Frusciante Style lesson. I posted it in the rec-zone.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jul 8 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #53

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi mate!! Welcome back!! smile.gif

Thanks for the videos. I checked each of them and I can say that the days off have helped to let your mind digest these lessons. I note some interesting progress in your playing.

The lesson in the style of ADTR is on the right track, but your right hand still needs more training to make the riffs sound smooth and even tighter, but it's on the right track. Something similar happens with the lesson in the style of Paramore, you are getting close but you need more practice to feel comfortable with the tempo of those rhythm, mostly when you have to play only downstrokes. The melody that starts at 00:55 is not sounding tight and fluently, re-check it.

The Rock Solo is the one that shows more serious problems related to timing. The phrases are not sounding bad but your timing is not precise on this one, so it would be good to practice over the original lesson. Another thing that you should pay attention is your vibrato. Your bending is not bad but something you don't reach the right pitch (as it happens at 01:28).

Volbeat lesson shows issues on similar elements: timing (on guitar soloing), vibrato and bending. Your take on the rhythm parts sound good so re-check the first solo and work on the elements that I marked. Your vibrato on the last melodies is not consistent and tends to be a bit nervous.

I'll check and comments your REC take in a while.

Ok mate, I think that you'll note that most of the comments are related to similar issues so you know where you should put your focus.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 05:53 PM