> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 3: Queens Of The Stone Metal, Lesson By Adrian Figallo
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Rammikin
May 23 2014, 01:01 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Queens Of The Stone Metal by Adrian Figallo

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=51827
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52080

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 23 2014, 08:13 PM
GMC Founder
First - I just want to say it's awesome to see how dedicated you are to the REC section, this is very wise of you! =)

To me - the biggest problem are your bends. Bends that are out of tune seriously hurt ears - and you have a few in there ( for example 00:39 and 00:44). To solve this I recommend you to turn on the tuner and practice bending licks without any backing track. The tuner will tell you when you have bent to the right pitch. When you have practiced this for a while, turn the tuner off and try to get it right - if you have problems hearing exactly when the right pitch occurs keep practicing with the tuner for a couple of more days.

In your previous take, Gab commented on 00:14 to 00:22 which you still don't play like Adrian - you seem to add an extra pull-off to the open string. This doesn't sound bad to me - but it sounds a bit different compared to the lesson. Also, I like your metal sound (which by the way sounds much more 'brutal' than Adrian's).

Finally - I want to say that I think you would be able to deliver a perfect take if you spent more time with the individual licks at a very slow tempo (play them without backing track). Compare with Adrian's slow playing and make sure you nail all the little nuances.

When you are at your current stage - it is easy to think "I almost have the lesson down - I just need to play though it a couple of more times" - however it is very easy to get stuck at "almost there" unless you follow my advice about breaking it down and taking it slow.

Looking forward to more REC takes from you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2014, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

Kris is right - you should take the time to focus on not only learning a structure and parts, but talking the time to polish them and bring them as close as possible to the original version in terms of execution.

I've seen takes which were played maybe a little different in terms of dynamics or expression, but they were very good, so first aim for execution and then think about how you can add a great edge to it. But as I said, first take Kris' suggestions into account in order to deliver a great take tech wise.

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 25 2014, 05:01 PM
Instructor
Good job mate! One thing I'd point out is using the vibrato carefully. Vibrato is unique for each guitar player and I think you should spend some time on making it as expressive and dynamic as possible.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 25 2014, 11:47 PM
Instructor
Hi Ram! As Kris said, it's very inspiring to see you working hard on GMC lessons. You are a true hard worker and I can notice that your playing is getting tighter with each take that you record.

I think that Kris marked the most important things to improve and to work to master this lesson. I would like to remark to the importance of working on small sections until you master them. Once you can play them right, the next step would be to connect them.

The part that I said you should review is closer but it's still different compared with the original so you should check it again if you want to play this one as it was composed by Adrian.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
May 30 2014, 12:24 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:43 PM