Great Paul Gilbert Lesson...
Spock
May 25 2014, 12:53 AM
GMC:er
Even though I am completely too drunk to absorb any of what he is saying, I'm confident that upon finding myself sober and having gone through any shakes and paranoia over what I am typing right now, I think this lesson just may sink in...

smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: May 25 2014, 12:59 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 25 2014, 01:50 AM
Awesome teacher - Paul Gilbert, always legendary stuff! Thanks for the share.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 25 2014, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Gilbert is one of the coolest guitar players I know, from every point of view biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2014, 12:16 AM
Instructor
This is a very good approach. The fret-board becomes smaller when you see it in this way.

If you want to take this even deeper, you should check this video by The Professor:

Have you ever seen the modes in this way?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 26 2014, 09:56 AM
Instructor
Thanks for sharing this man biggrin.gif Great stuff!

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 26 2014, 07:15 PM
Instructor
The Professor has a lot of great material to study from. Thanks for sharing, man! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 27 2014, 08:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 25 2014, 11:16 PM) *
This is a very good approach. The fret-board becomes smaller when you see it in this way.

If you want to take this even deeper, you should check this video by The Professor:

Have you ever seen the modes in this way?

Heh! Almost forgot this one - I know I bookmarked it but I never got to watch it! Thanks for the reminder, mate!

+Quote Post
Spock
May 27 2014, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the additional information guys - I will watch both these videos today.

I am a very visual person in that in order for me to understand something I have to mentally draw a picture of it in my head or be able to see a pattern or structure - making quick calculations has never been my strong suite.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2014, 07:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ May 27 2014, 07:55 AM) *
Thanks for the additional information guys - I will watch both these videos today.

I am a very visual person in that in order for me to understand something I have to mentally draw a picture of it in my head or be able to see a pattern or structure - making quick calculations has never been my strong suite.

I like learning and structuring things in a schematic form as well - this comes from my engineering background, but that also brought the 'quick calculations' part with it, I guess.

Whenever I learn something, I like to be able to understand it thoroughly - in that way, I can express it in many ways wink.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
May 28 2014, 09:51 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 28 2014, 02:49 AM) *
I like learning and structuring things in a schematic form as well - this comes from my engineering background, but that also brought the 'quick calculations' part with it, I guess.

Whenever I learn something, I like to be able to understand it thoroughly - in that way, I can express it in many ways wink.gif

That's very interesting and I have noticed that about a lot of people. My son is very good at math and he picked up theory at an early age, as well, my old boss was a saxophone/music wizard but he was a Certified Public Accountant.

I also believe there is a way to tell if someone comes from a logical aspect (engineering/mathematics) or from a visual aspect in their playing. Sort of the difference in BB King and Satriani - which one of those guys would you think is more left brained? Maybe a better example would be Eddie Van Halen vs. Steve Vai. Not saying either one would be considered a "better" guitarist, but the way they think can be heard in their style - left brain = analytical/practical vs right brain = emotional/visual.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 29 2014, 08:41 AM
Instructor
Aye! I know exactly what you are talking about biggrin.gif

Some are more instinctual than the others smile.gif Some have learned how to refine the instinct with the aid of knowledge, but the pureness of the feeling is there in both kinds of people.

I think that Van Halen vs Vai is a great way of putting things smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:11 PM