Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Up The Irons Collaboration, Instructors/Students Video Collaboration
Ulrik
post Jun 28 2014, 08:37 PM
Post #101

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.495

I got something for the intro, first 25 secs.
Then 20 blank secs.
And an ending.

I'll try and come up with more, but somehow the middle part is harder.

If some of you are struggling with the last part, here is some inspiration:

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jun 28 2014, 08:37 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  UpTheIronsUlrik.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 53

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jun 28 2014, 08:51 PM
Post #102

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 19.437

I don't exactly hear it. Which notes are off Todd?

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 28 2014, 07:10 PM) *
Digging it smile.gif But it still sounds a bit out of tune? Do you guys hear it? I'm not sure if the notes are simply a bit out of key or if the tuning is a bit flat? Sometimes just adding some vibrato can smooth things out. Maybe try using vibrato on all the notes that are held?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
post Jun 28 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #103

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jun 28 2014, 08:51 PM) *

I'm not really good a this, but I think I hear something out of tune too, the D-note at 5 secs is one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 28 2014, 10:04 PM
Post #104

GMC:er

Member No.: 17.265

okay, DISCLAIMER!!!

been practicing this piece for a couple of hours now after not playing much at all for the past 3 weeks, and first time I've ever attempted to sync up playing with video other than the other video that Cosmin has which I prefer over this.

Yes - I missed my whammy bar on a crucial part - but screw it, the audio took care of that - take the red pill and watch the other hand.

So, introducing my douchebag arm tat, fat belly, fat fingers playing my fat solo on my new mid-range fat guitar... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jun 28 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #105

Nice one spock! Doesn't that loose whammybar annoy you? I would tighten that a little bit.

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 28 2014, 11:04 PM) *
okay, DISCLAIMER!!!

been practicing this piece for a couple of hours now after not playing much at all for the past 3 weeks, and first time I've ever attempted to sync up playing with video other than the other video that Cosmin has which I prefer over this.

Yes - I missed my whammy bar on a crucial part - but screw it, the audio took care of that - take the red pill and watch the other hand.

So, introducing my douchebag arm tat, fat belly, fat fingers playing my fat solo on my new mid-range fat guitar... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 28 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #106

Naw man - that's the way I got to have it, a tight one all up in my grill drive me nuts.

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jun 29 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #107

There was something wrong with my tuner.. Final take. This one should do it. smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/jeroen-van-der-put/gmc-up-the-irons-collab-take-4-jeroen

I play at the beginning and end of the backing track!

Download links

Intro video
https://app.box.com/s/vzi9fcxgmb5461ne2t43

Video
https://app.box.com/s/77ucmfvdfapli20yqjj6

Audio
https://app.box.com/s/lj3zrhp4pijp3orv3ile

Solos only
https://app.box.com/s/8zpkqxiteiywske1hiwi

This post has been edited by Jeroen: Jun 29 2014, 12:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Jun 29 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #108

Experienced Tone Seeker

Member No.: 14.292

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 28 2014, 10:04 PM) *
okay, DISCLAIMER!!!

cool ass take cool.gif very maiden-ish. that spalted top looks great btw biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 29 2014, 05:34 PM
Post #109

Thanks man! I'm going to try to get another take before the deadline not wearing my manual labor rags, I had spent the morning cleaning out my father's shed and then started putting together a weight set which I'm still working on. The instructions say it requires 2 people, and I think the 2nd person is to keep the one assembling it from going on a complete psychotic rage.

My problem is when I record video using iMovie, it does not record the audio, so I'm not trying to fool anyone and pull a Milli-Vanilli here, I just dropped the exported music file from Logic into iMove and synced up video of playing along to it. I had attempted using a program called Photo Booth, but when I engage the video it crashed.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 29 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #110

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

EDIT: Just saw you found the issue was your tuner? Glad you found it smile.gif I'll give the new version a listen! Did you ever hear what I was talking about?

Sounds like the root notes are a bit flat? GABE, COSMIN, can you hear it? maybe put vibrato on it and it will even out?

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jun 28 2014, 03:51 PM) *

Sadly I still here it at 18 seconds in. But, hey, it's Rock and Roll so it's probably not that big a deal.
At this point though I"m starting to think it's the guitar. What was the issue with your tuner?

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jun 29 2014, 07:29 AM) *
There was something wrong with my tuner.. Final take. This one should do it. smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/jeroen-van-der-put/gmc-up-the-irons-collab-take-4-jeroen

I play at the beginning and end of the backing track!

Download links

Intro video
https://app.box.com/s/vzi9fcxgmb5461ne2t43

Video
https://app.box.com/s/77ucmfvdfapli20yqjj6

Audio
https://app.box.com/s/lj3zrhp4pijp3orv3ile

Solos only
https://app.box.com/s/8zpkqxiteiywske1hiwi

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 29 2014, 07:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jun 29 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #111

Almost empty battery in my tuner, assuming it was the problem.. But.. Reading your comment it might be time to get this guitar ( Gibson LPJ) checked out..

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
post Jun 30 2014, 06:26 AM
Post #112

Experienced Tone Seeker

I'll totally have my attempt finished tonight..... honest! ph34r.gif
dunno about anyone else but I found this one quite difficult. Its not easy being in maiden cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 30 2014, 10:14 AM
Post #113

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 29 2014, 06:54 PM) *
EDIT: Just saw you found the issue was your tuner? Glad you found it smile.gif I'll give the new version a listen! Did you ever hear what I was talking about?

Sounds like the root notes are a bit flat? GABE, COSMIN, can you hear it? maybe put vibrato on it and it will even out?

Sadly I still here it at 18 seconds in. But, hey, it's Rock and Roll so it's probably not that big a deal.
At this point though I"m starting to think it's the guitar. What was the issue with your tuner?

Hey Todd - yeah, I hear it too, but maybe he just pulled on the string a bit when he changed the position, without being aware of it. I am saying this because the de-tuning impression is not omnipresent. Would you agree on that? Let's see what Gabi has to say as well.

Thank you for the files Jeroen! Saved and stored neatly!

QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 30 2014, 05:26 AM) *
I'll totally have my attempt finished tonight..... honest! ph34r.gif
dunno about anyone else but I found this one quite difficult. Its not easy being in maiden cool.gif

Alright bleez! wink.gif Looking forward to receive your take! smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 28 2014, 09:04 PM) *
okay, DISCLAIMER!!!

Hey mate! You are being too hard on yourself, as usual smile.gif You have a great axe and you came up with a great solo, but the vid you sent will stay, unless you find something AT LEAST as funny as that one! biggrin.gif

Now, if you want my suggestion on the track - I would make the whammy vibrato a bit wider, as right now it's a bit undecided and small. It's probably due to the fact that you have to move quickly back and forth to grab it, but, maybe you should practice this at a slow tempo, focusing on this exact idea - anticipating the moment in which you need to reach for the whammy and making it as much a short and natural movement as possible. What do you think?

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 28 2014, 07:37 PM) *
Then 20 blank secs.
And an ending.

Hey Ulrik!

Thanks for the file man - I like the melodies and the way in which the lines build up and at the end you also involved another voice wink.gif You are in the Maiden zone!

Don't forget to send us the files today or tomorrow morning the latest, ok?

Gentlemen! The deadline closes tomorrow morning smile.gif Let's see, who else is in, who else needs to send files? I am looking forward to receiving them!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 30 2014, 10:37 AM
Post #114

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 30 2014, 05:14 AM) *
Hey mate! You are being too hard on yourself, as usual smile.gif You have a great axe and you came up with a great solo, but the vid you sent will stay, unless you find something AT LEAST as funny as that one! biggrin.gif

Now, if you want my suggestion on the track - I would make the whammy vibrato a bit wider, as right now it's a bit undecided and small. It's probably due to the fact that you have to move quickly back and forth to grab it, but, maybe you should practice this at a slow tempo, focusing on this exact idea - anticipating the moment in which you need to reach for the whammy and making it as much a short and natural movement as possible. What do you think?

Cool - yes I want you to keep the one you have for the collab. I'm just trying to figure out my technique for video recording for these types of things. I was hoping that iMove would record the video and the audio at these same time since the audio is coming through the computer, but it doesn't - matter of fact it records no audio at all while Logic is engaged - just video.

I don't think I've had an exact idea for this piece the entire time and every time I've played it it's been slightly different, you know how you have a hard time knowing when an idea is complete until you get it recorded? At this point I think I've heard this version enough to know when to use the whammy, the writing aspect is over, so I can anticipate it more. Sad thing is it's only a practice piece.

"undecided and small" <---- that's my style! I hope one day millions of adoring fans will be trying to nail my undecided and small technique. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
post Jun 30 2014, 12:50 PM
Post #115

Experienced Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 30 2014, 10:37 AM) *
Cool - yes I want you to keep the one you have for the collab. I'm just trying to figure out my technique for video recording for these types of things. I was hoping that iMove would record the video and the audio at these same time since the audio is coming through the computer, but it doesn't - matter of fact it records no audio at all while Logic is engaged - just video.

yeah, I have to record the video and at the same time record the audio in my DAW, then sync them up afterwards.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 30 2014, 02:29 PM
Post #116

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hey guys! Today is the last day to join this one!! Be sure to post your takes here!

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 28 2014, 04:37 PM) *
Then 20 blank secs.
And an ending.

hehehe this has been an amazing British Metal collab! We also had a part II, (III and IV)

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Jun 30 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #117

Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

I won't be able to get mine done until tomorrow evening, so if that excludes me then so be it.
Unfortunately I had to pull some extra work over this weekend and had no time for recording.
sad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ulrik
post Jul 1 2014, 05:42 AM
Post #118

Learning Rock Star

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4570084...rik%20Irons.wmv

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4570084...eIronsUlrik.mp3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4570084...lriksGuitar.mp3

Sorry, I had a lot of work and a baby to take care of, so I didn't record anything for the middle part.
Maybe you can use some of what I have here.
I put videos and music together in Movieplayer, and it all looked good until I exported. Now the sound is late compared to the video, but I think you can make it look better, when you guys put it together again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jul 1 2014, 07:08 AM
Post #119

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

No worries smile.gif I usually shoot the vid after as well and sync up in FINAL CUT PRO X.

If you are using iMovie, then using FCP X should come very easy. It's like iMovie Pro smile.gif You can get it from the apple store online just like Logic X.

You can download a FREE TRIAL for 30 days to give it a shot.

http://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/trial/

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 29 2014, 12:34 PM) *
Thanks man! I'm going to try to get another take before the deadline not wearing my manual labor rags, I had spent the morning cleaning out my father's shed and then started putting together a weight set which I'm still working on. The instructions say it requires 2 people, and I think the 2nd person is to keep the one assembling it from going on a complete psychotic rage.

My problem is when I record video using iMovie, it does not record the audio, so I'm not trying to fool anyone and pull a Milli-Vanilli here, I just dropped the exported music file from Logic into iMove and synced up video of playing along to it. I had attempted using a program called Photo Booth, but when I engage the video it crashed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jul 1 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #120

Cool Todd - I've got Final Cut Pro but I've never used it. The video I submitted for this collab was done in After Effects and it was the first time I've ever used that program.

I'll toy around with FCP and try to figure it out, I was thinking the learning curve would be steep.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 01:10 AM