Jeroen
post Jun 18 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #61

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.437

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 18 2014, 04:43 PM) *
Great, keep me updated

Hi Gab, I tried it and understand what you mean. I hear the little timing issues now.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 18 2014, 11:17 PM
Post #62

GMC:er

Member No.: 17.265

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 18 2014, 10:43 AM) *
It's awesome how much we could improve the original solo. Thanks for your hard work, I think that this last version is a lot better compared with the first one. Now I feel that each note played sounds great over the backing track, there is nothing to change, it pure Spock Maiden.

I'm SO proud of you. Congratulations!!

Thanks Man! I really like it too. This is another prime example of why I prefer writing with other people as opposed to writing something all by myself, collaboration is always better I think.

There is still a phrase that is a little redundant, but for what this is, it's fine, and I have some new patterns in my, very small, book of tricks that I can utilize somewhere else.

I'm going to have fun with this video until I can strum again.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 19 2014, 07:45 AM
Post #63

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 18 2014, 10:17 PM) *
Thanks Man! I really like it too. This is another prime example of why I prefer writing with other people as opposed to writing something all by myself, collaboration is always better I think.

There is still a phrase that is a little redundant, but for what this is, it's fine, and I have some new patterns in my, very small, book of tricks that I can utilize somewhere else.

Congrats once again man! I am proud of you too smile.gif See, when you put your strength into things, there's nothing really that can't be accomplished wink.gif

Keeping stuff to be used in another context is also a very good thing wink.gif It's best to put in only the fitting licks and tricks and keep the rest for another time. It shows you are a mature player that knows the idea of not giving everything in one shot.

I used to be that kind of guy that wanted to show everything in 2 bars laugh.gif Bad idea, but with time, I cooled down and understood how to serve music and not make everything an ego showcase.

I am looking forward to see your video, since I am very curious on what you have in mind biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 19 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #64

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 18 2014, 07:17 PM) *

yeah, this is true. Having another person in who you trust to give you honest feedback is a great way to push ourselves more to get the best. This happens to me with my brother in Cirse. He is younger than me and I used to be like his mentor but he grow a lot the last years and nowadays he also can give me very valuable feedback regarding compositions and solos.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 20 2014, 06:59 AM
Post #65

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 19 2014, 03:27 PM) *
yeah, this is true. Having another person in who you trust to give you honest feedback is a great way to push ourselves more to get the best. This happens to me with my brother in Cirse. He is younger than me and I used to be like his mentor but he grow a lot the last years and nowadays he also can give me very valuable feedback regarding compositions and solos.

Bouncing ideas back and forth with other people that you can trust - they will give you honest opinions even if honesty doesn't always mean praise - is one of the most important aspects of evolution.

This is why we always encourage you guys to share your ideas, takes and recordings in general. We all know very well how it feels when you are INSIDE the music and it's pretty difficult to step OUTSIDE and take a look wink.gif

So, the important words and call to action here, are WRITE, RECORD and SHARE!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Jun 20 2014, 03:42 PM
Post #66

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

10 more days to go - who else is planning to submit a take for this one? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Spock
post Jun 22 2014, 06:25 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 17.265

EDIT - I'll send a DropBox link in a message - just saw that in the OP.

This post has been edited by Spock: Jun 22 2014, 06:57 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 23 2014, 07:26 AM
Post #68

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 22 2014, 05:25 PM) *

Hey buddy, you can send that to me if you wish, as I am the one collecting the takes from all of you guys biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 23 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #69

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 22 2014, 05:25 PM) *

HA! The video is AMAZING! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Great playing and editing man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 23 2014, 02:48 PM
Post #70

Instructor
Group Icon

7 days guys!! Come on!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 24 2014, 03:49 AM
Post #71

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Get those entries in! smile.gif I actually spend both Video Chat Lessons this past weekend featuring licks that would work well over this backing. For those still working on your bits, feel free to try these and make them your own! smile.gif

*Also, each lesson has downloadable TH2 patches!

http://bit.ly/gmclesson293

and

http://bit.ly/gmclesson294

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 23 2014, 09:48 AM) *
7 days guys!! Come on!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 24 2014, 06:57 AM
Post #72

Instructor
Group Icon

You will surely feel you are missing out on all the fun, especially after seeing Spock's video! It's simply amazing biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 24 2014, 02:49 AM) *
Get those entries in! smile.gif I actually spend both Video Chat Lessons this past weekend featuring licks that would work well over this backing. For those still working on your bits, feel free to try these and make them your own! smile.gif

*Also, each lesson has downloadable TH2 patches!

http://bit.ly/gmclesson293

and

http://bit.ly/gmclesson294

Thanks for the support Todd!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 24 2014, 07:24 AM
Post #73

Group Icon

I"ll post all of my files to this post as they get completed smile.gif First up, here is the solo with and without backing as a .wav file. I only played over the intro, and the outro. I left the middle for everybody else wink.gif

Drop Box Links

WITHOUT Backing
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2761041..._NO_Backing.wav

WITH Backing
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2761041...WithBacking.wav

FULL LENGTH VIDEO DOWNLOAD
*Uploading now! smile.gif
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2761041...ullVid1080p.mov
and a preview!!! Complete with "Magic Bullet Looks" My fav video plugin smile.gif

First FULL HD 1080p Collab Vid!!

*P.S. USING MY NEW IBANEZ RGT42FM!!!! My goodness this guitar is FREAKING AMAZING!!!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 25 2014, 09:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 25 2014, 05:33 AM
Post #74

Group Icon

WHO IS SHOOTING FULL HD FOR THIS VIDEO?

I"m experimenting with my first "Full" HD, 1920x1080 edit/shoot in Final Cut X for our IRON MAIDEN COLLAB! I've always kept it down to 720p in the past to make editing and uploads quicker. But what the heck eh? Figured I'd go all the way smile.gif

Then it hit me that some folks are not shooting in HD due to camera limitations, and or not being able to edit HD without dropping frames etc. In the last collab, it looked like maybe one or two was shot in HD?

Anyone shooting HD for this one?

P.S. I scored my HD Firewire Camera for $35 on Ebay!! It's a CANON HV20 and they are on ebay all the time for crazy cheap. These cameras connect via firewire and come with a remote so that you can zoom in during GMC Vid Chat/Rec etc.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 25 2014, 07:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 25 2014, 07:15 AM
Post #75

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 24 2014, 06:24 AM) *
I"ll post all of my files to this post as they get completed smile.gif First up, here is the solo with and without backing as a .wav file. I only played over the intro, and the outro. I left the middle for everybody else wink.gif

Drop Box Links

WITHOUT Backing
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2761041..._NO_Backing.wav

WITH Backing

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2761041...WithBacking.wav

Hey Todd! Thank you for the files, man! biggrin.gif This style suits you well! Nice solo! I am thinking of using a GoPro camera for this one smile.gif Maybe use the Jaws clamp to fix the cam on my guitar headstock? I haven't yet decided, but it can sure be an interesting idea.
Have you tried a GoPro cam so far? I am planning to get the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition + - which is pretty much the best thing out there. 400 bucks on Amazon plus 35 more for the Jaws clamp. It'll be a great thing onstage, in order to make live vids with a lot of dynamics, I am thinking!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 25 2014, 07:27 AM
Post #76

Group Icon

The GOPRO are quite spiff smile.gif They make great clamp on cams for guitar etc. I opted for a firewire hd cam instead (HV20 by Canon) as I wanted something that would work as a web cam/lesson cam/gmc chat cam. It was under $50 used on ebay as they are older cams and way cheap now.

But yeah, for what you are planning the GO PRO is the best solution going smile.gif And the BLACK is the best Go Pro currently made so you should be in fine shape smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 25 2014, 02:15 AM) *
Hey Todd! Thank you for the files, man! biggrin.gif This style suits you well! Nice solo! I am thinking of using a GoPro camera for this one smile.gif Maybe use the Jaws clamp to fix the cam on my guitar headstock? I haven't yet decided, but it can sure be an interesting idea.
Have you tried a GoPro cam so far? I am planning to get the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition + - which is pretty much the best thing out there. 400 bucks on Amazon plus 35 more for the Jaws clamp. It'll be a great thing onstage, in order to make live vids with a lot of dynamics, I am thinking!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jun 25 2014, 08:10 AM
Post #77

Instructor
Group Icon

Thanks for the input, Todd wink.gif I noticed that they also have an endorsement program - will have to check that out as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 25 2014, 09:31 AM
Post #78

Group Icon

Endorsements never hurt either!!! I'd say go for it smile.gif Some free or discounted go pro would be great!!! They are lighter than a cell phone so they are easier to mount. The trouble with using a cell phone is that sometimes they are too heavy and pull the mount/clamp out of it's ideal position. Better for use at home. But on stage especially the go pro is the thing smile.gif

I really hope they make the next revision with a simple firewire or thunderbolt port on it so it can work as a direct record/web cam/hd device!!!

At home I've gotten really used to recording directly from my camera to my hard drive. I don't shoot/transfer files/edit.I just shoot/edit. smile.gif I capture from camera to hard drive and it's very handy! Not being able to do that with a DSLR is why I ended up taking the DSLR back. Not to mention no remote control zoom lense smile.gif

This collab vid for example, recorded directly to hard drive via firewire smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 25 2014, 03:10 AM) *
Thanks for the input, Todd wink.gif I noticed that they also have an endorsement program - will have to check that out as well!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 25 2014, 09:32 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 25 2014, 03:21 PM
Post #79

Instructor
Group Icon

Go Pro endorsement plan? That sounds cool, how does it work?

Hey guys! who else will join this one? 5 days to go! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jun 25 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #80

Group Icon

Cos mentioned he just saw something about it on their web site. So I imagine it's like any other vendor, contact them and go from there smile.gif

Anyone else on board for the MAIDEN COLLAB???? We did two days worth of lessons on licks for this so hopefully more will show up!!!! smile.gif

EDIT: Looking back through, only 5 people so far signed up? AKRICH pointed out to me that this is a rehash of a previous backing track that was called something different the last time. That may be throwing folks off?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2014, 10:21 AM) *
Go Pro endorsement plan? That sounds cool, how does it work?

Hey guys! who else will join this one? 5 days to go! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 25 2014, 10:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2017 - 11:59 PM