2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who Are Your Top 5 Guitarists And Why?
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 15 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (OsbourneOzzyFan @ Jun 15 2014, 02:14 PM) *
1. Tony Iommi: The reason why I picked up the guitar. His original doom metal style is absolutely terrific. I'm addicted to Black Sabbath.
2. Yngwie Malmsteen: His ability to combine classical music and shredding.
3. Zakk Wylde: His aggressiveness is very addicting when listening to Ozzy's albums.
4. Matthew Mills: Very underrated guitarist. His style is similar to Malmsteen's
5. Jeff Loomis: Not that I listen very much to his solo albums, but the song Shouting Fire at a funeral is the best instrumental song ever written.

Interesting list, i also enjoyed the reason why you added each of them to the list. I will check Matthew.

My lessons

Don't miss my New Guitar Session at VCHAT,
this Wednesday at 20 hs (London Time).

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jun 16 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #22

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.437

1. Iron Maiden has been in my life for many many years. I was actually inspired to pick up a guitar when I was 15. Listening to killer licks by Dave Murray made me decide to buy a second hand guitar and started learning.

2. In the early 90's I discoverd a band called Metallica, wow this was really heavy shit in those days. Kirk Hammet with his lightning fast shred licks, melodic solo's and heavy riffs..

3. Glenn Tipton/ KK Downing (Judas Priest)

4. Synyster Gates (Avenged Sevenfold). Heavy riffs and beautiful solo's, need I say more.

5. Charlie Parra is a my favourite youtube artist and he needs to be on this list:

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2016 - 03:11 PM