> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Oasis Style Lesson
Carmine Marotta
Jun 26 2014, 09:26 AM
GMC:er
Good morning Gab
I have a question on your Oasis Style lesson (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Oasis-Style/).
It is about the rhythm of the first three bars that repet throughout the lesson.
I think you are playing in 16th (1 e and a....) starting with an accented downstroke at 1 and another accented downstroke at 2 then I am a bit loss. Any help will be gratefully apprecciated.
Regards
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2014, 02:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Carmine, the rhythm used on this lesson is a bit irregular and the main trick to play it tight is to keep on moving up and down your right hand marking 16th notes, as I do, but just picking strings when it's required.

I recommend you to check parts 5, 6, 7 and 8 from this lesson where I share some different acoustic rhythms and you will understand what I mean when I say keep your hand moving up and down, no matter if you are not playing strictly 16th notes: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/picnic-panic/

The rhythm for Oasis lesson is not regular, it moves with the drums and it's a combination of 4th, 8th and 16th notes. I recommend you to practice the lesson using the slower backings and following the rhythm used in the acoustics. Start slowly, with the introduction (before drums starts), then with the "verse" (when drums start) where I change the rhythm again. It can be tricky to remind it but that's the difficulty of this lesson.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Carmine Marotta
Jul 16 2014, 03:14 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 26 2014, 02:13 PM) *
The rhythm for Oasis lesson is not regular, it moves with the drums and it's a combination of 4th, 8th and 16th notes. I recommend you to practice the lesson using the slower backings and following the rhythm used in the acoustics. Start slowly, with the introduction (before drums starts), then with the "verse" (when drums start) where I change the rhythm again. It can be tricky to remind it but that's the difficulty of this lesson.

Gab
for lessons as this, where the rhythm is not straightforward, wouldn't it be better to record your video with a clean sound? The distortion made the music very nice and vibrant however, for a learning point of view, it makes quite more complicated.

What do you think?
Thanks a lot in advance
Carmine

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2014, 03:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Carmine Marotta @ Jul 16 2014, 11:14 AM) *
Gab
for lessons as this, where the rhythm is not straightforward, wouldn't it be better to record your video with a clean sound? The distortion made the music very nice and vibrant however, for a learning point of view, it makes quite more complicated.

What do you think?
Thanks a lot in advance
Carmine

Hi Carmine, thanks for your feedback. wink.gif

We feel that using the same sound than the original video makes more sense to show you how the same guitar part would sound played slower. We tend to do it because it makes more sense. At the same time, we provide guitar pro files that allow you to set it slower and to change the instrument sound, so you could practice the rhythm much slower, and using a clean guitar sound. (please tell me if you know how to do this in Guitar Pro).

My newest lessons include slow video parts with full band backing tracks to make the rhythm lessons easier to follow and understand. This is an example (Check video part 1) : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/A-Day-To-Remember-Style/
I think that this new format, with the addition of the guitar pro files should help you to understand the rhythm behind each lesson.

By the way, I'll be at the Vchat today at 20 hs (London Time), so I can help you with the rhythm of this lesson if you need it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:14 AM