post Jul 18 2014, 06:53 AM
Post #41

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 17 2014, 02:55 PM) *
Those are all very valid points Cosmin!
Especially:- "you can't be a pro at everything"!
I may try to be, but I know different people who are more proficient in different areas! I have one guy who is superb at Polishing as well as being quick!
I have no problem delegating work out to others who are faster, more capable or better equipped.

As for the Clinics, I'm thinking of doing a series of different ones covering different procedures. One for adjusting the Neck, Fret Dressing, even just changing the Tuners. One on setting up a Floyd Rose, one on wiring and trick Switching options and maybe one on refinishing a Paint job, re-veneer + Staining and polishing.
biggrin.gif

Man! This sounds like a complete course for being a proper tech! biggrin.gif If I were into this field, I'd definitely come over - be sure to market it nicely and make a big fuss around it so that folks can attend in as large numbers as possible.

Such a great idea! Will you also film the whole thing? Having online versions could help A BIG lot!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Jul 18 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #42

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 18 2014, 06:53 AM) *
Man! This sounds like a complete course for being a proper tech! biggrin.gif If I were into this field, I'd definitely come over - be sure to market it nicely and make a big fuss around it so that folks can attend in as large numbers as possible.

Such a great idea! Will you also film the whole thing? Having online versions could help A BIG lot!

we're waiting to see what the response is like for a bit. If people are interested in all aspects of it then I'll do a series of Clinics as I outlined. If there's more interest in only, say, setting a Floyd and Pick-up replacement then that's what I'll concentrate on. I wasn't going to video the actual Clinics but if they go well then maybe I'll do a series for our Wiki although there are plenty of Vids already available on YT as it is.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 19 2014, 08:08 AM
Post #43

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 18 2014, 01:17 PM) *
we're waiting to see what the response is like for a bit. If people are interested in all aspects of it then I'll do a series of Clinics as I outlined. If there's more interest in only, say, setting a Floyd and Pick-up replacement then that's what I'll concentrate on. I wasn't going to video the actual Clinics but if they go well then maybe I'll do a series for our Wiki although there are plenty of Vids already available on YT as it is.
smile.gif

Seeing the first response is indeed a good starting point. And yes, the Youtube is swarming with these, but there is no synergy - I mean there's no actual series that is THAT well done, covering all the aspects, out of what I have noticed (maybe I am wrong and haven't yet searched enough). So having everything in a series, explained and produced top notch, could really make the difference wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Jul 21 2014, 03:42 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 19 2014, 08:08 AM) *
Seeing the first response is indeed a good starting point. And yes, the Youtube is swarming with these, but there is no synergy - I mean there's no actual series that is THAT well done, covering all the aspects, out of what I have noticed (maybe I am wrong and haven't yet searched enough). So having everything in a series, explained and produced top notch, could really make the difference wink.gif

Well, so far most of the response from customers at the Shop seems to be for a 'Setting a Floyd' and 'Swapping out Pickups/Different switching options'.
We did discuss the possibility of doing a Video series too. I might have to invest in a decent Camera and an Editing Suite and then learn how to use it, I don't think Movie Maker would be professional enough for a polished product.
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 22 2014, 07:02 AM
Post #45

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 21 2014, 02:42 PM) *
Well, so far most of the response from customers at the Shop seems to be for a 'Setting a Floyd' and 'Swapping out Pickups/Different switching options'.
We did discuss the possibility of doing a Video series too. I might have to invest in a decent Camera and an Editing Suite and then learn how to use it, I don't think Movie Maker would be professional enough for a polished product.
smile.gif

Most likely! Maybe asking some friends for a little favor to begin with, would work wink.gif It would be awesome if you had some friend with a good camera who also knows some editing with videos and then he could show you a thing or two on filming and editing.

Anyway, you could use Adobe Premier or Vegas 11 if you would like my suggestion regarding a software that you could use.

Now you know a little bit more about your direction smile.gif Good start, I say, so please keep me updated, as I'd love to help you with more tips.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Jul 22 2014, 04:09 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

I have an HD Flip Camera and I think I have an earlier version of Vegas, I just never got into using it. I got it for a project which then never happened so now seems like a good time to learn how to use it!
I'll definitely keep you up to date with this and really appreciate the support so far!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 23 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #47

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 22 2014, 03:09 PM) *
I have an HD Flip Camera and I think I have an earlier version of Vegas, I just never got into using it. I got it for a project which then never happened so now seems like a good time to learn how to use it!
I'll definitely keep you up to date with this and really appreciate the support so far!
biggrin.gif

Anytime man! I support and admire ANYONE who dares venturing in entrepreneurship, so please do keep me updated and I'll try to help out in any way I can wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 05:05 PM