Metallica Live Monitor Engineers, Mixing the band's onstage sound
Ben Higgins
Jul 3 2014, 09:06 AM
Instructor
Here's an interesting video I stumbled upon. An interview with the 2 dudes who handle the onstage monitor activity for Metallica. They don't deal with the front of house sound, they just deal with what the band hears during the show. It's fascinating to see the amount of work that goes into it. Having to watch each member for their position on stage and anticipating what mic they're going to use etc

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 3 2014, 03:30 PM
Tone Seeker
Without these guys - there's no show.

I knew there's a bunch of guys working with the mixtable but never actually knew how much stuff they have to handle. They really have to focus on what's going on stage. Like that one guy have to mute Metallica's in ear monitors when pyros and bombs explode. Miss that and papa Het won't be happy ph34r.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2014, 03:57 PM
Instructor
Fantastic video! I could see how many people is involved working the whole day setting everything to make Metallica's concerts something top level. For example, their guitar techs are all day playing, checking, tuning, and calibrating their guitars. They work really hard.

Talking about sound engineers... this pic is really cool. The man with the white bear is Big Mick, Metallica's live sound engineer since 1984, and the other guy is Pablo Navarro, from that day "Big Paul", Cirse's live sound engineer since our beginnings (2003).

It's an epic pic for us. smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:46 AM