> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Dalbor's Practice Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2014, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Dalbor! Welcome to our thread for Gab's Army!

Here I will guide you with your guitar practice and composition to help you to achieve your guitar goals. Please give me here all the info that you think can help for this task, as well as your favorite musicians, some videos of you playing and compositions if you have.

I hope that you enjoy your stay at Gab's Army! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 9 2014, 04:29 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dalbor
Jul 9 2014, 04:56 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 9 2014, 03:26 PM) *
Hi Dalbor! Welcome to our thread for Gab's Army!

Here I will guide you with your guitar practice and composition to help you to achieve your guitar goals. Please give me here all the info that you think can help for this task, as well as your favorite musicians, some videos of you playing and compositions if you have.

I hope that you enjoy your stay at Gab's Army! smile.gif

Hi Gabriel !

Im playing guitar for about 1 year and 7 months. I ve started playing it, mainly because of listning metallica albums. After a half year i have formed a band which was playing some mixed up covers. Our first concert was in school and we recorded it here you have link :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=576014659135645

After 2 more concerts I got an offer to play in Thrashmetal band BeerHolder. When i joined them the band was just starting with composing songs. We play our first concert at October link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=292...e=1&theater

My favorite musicans are : Andy James , John Petrucci , Victor Smolski , You biggrin.gif , John 5 , Gary Holt , Synyster Gates :3 , Michael Angelo Batio and Marty Friedman biggrin.gif

And here is my little cover of Cowboys From Hell Solo :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40SvKRSYR8w

It was about 6 months ago i think.

My goal is to understand guitar scales , what stick them toghether and how to compose and use them perfectly in solos biggrin.gif
I hope you will help me smile.gif Seee yaaaa

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2014, 05:42 PM
Instructor
Ok mate! Based on your goals, I think that we can base the first part of this work on a Thrash Metal course that I designed some time ago for some special Vchat sessions.

The program looks like this:

Gabriel's Thrash Metal Course:

Part 1 - Tonalities & Scales

Part 2 - Rhythms & Techniques

Part 3 - Structures & Arrangements

Part 4 - Creating a song

Are you in? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dalbor
Jul 13 2014, 10:34 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 9 2014, 04:42 PM) *
Ok mate! Based on your goals, I think that we can base the first part of this work on a Thrash Metal course that I designed some time ago for some special Vchat sessions.

The program looks like this:

Gabriel's Thrash Metal Course:

Part 1 - Tonalities & Scales

Part 2 - Rhythms & Techniques

Part 3 - Structures & Arrangements

Part 4 - Creating a song

Are you in? smile.gif

Of course Im in ! smile.gif
So what now ? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Dalbor: Jul 13 2014, 04:02 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2014, 04:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dalbor @ Jul 13 2014, 06:34 AM) *
Of course Im in ! smile.gif
So what now ? biggrin.gif

Excellent! We will start with the first part: Tonalities & Scales.

Do you have any suspect about which are the most used tonalities and scales in Thrash Metal?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dalbor
Jul 13 2014, 06:30 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 13 2014, 03:49 PM) *
Excellent! We will start with the first part: Tonalities & Scales.

Do you have any suspect about which are the most used tonalities and scales in Thrash Metal?

E minor ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2014, 07:14 PM
Instructor
hehehe ok, it's a good start. The scales that we will cover on this Thrash course are:

- Pentatonic Minor
- Blues Scale
- Minor

- Phrygian Mode
- Phrygian Dominant
- Harmonic Minor

Can we say that you already know the first 3 marked with bold perfectly?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dalbor
Jul 13 2014, 07:18 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 13 2014, 06:14 PM) *
hehehe ok, it's a good start. The scales that we will cover on this Thrash course are:

- Pentatonic Minor
- Blues Scale
- Minor

- Phrygian Mode
- Phrygian Dominant
- Harmonic Minor

Can we say that you already know the first 3 marked with bold perfectly?

Yes ! biggrin.gif , so what I must do now ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2014, 07:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dalbor @ Jul 13 2014, 03:18 PM) *
Yes ! biggrin.gif , so what I must do now ?

Perfect! Learn the Phrygian mode which is the most used mode, after Aeolian, in Thrash Metal Style.

This is a very complete thread to master it: LINK

You can also use these two lessons to learn licks and to practice the scale over the backing tracks:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/phrygi...loing-beginner/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/phrygi...g-intermediate/

Please check all this stuff and let me know what you think and if you have questions! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dalbor
Jul 13 2014, 07:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 13 2014, 06:26 PM) *
Perfect! Learn the Phrygian mode which is the most used mode, after Aeolian, in Thrash Metal Style.

This is a very complete thread to master it: LINK

You can also use these two lessons to learn licks and to practice the scale over the backing tracks:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/phrygi...loing-beginner/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/phrygi...g-intermediate/

Please check all this stuff and let me know what you think and if you have questions! wink.gif

Ok thanks im gona reply you as soon as i will end biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2014, 03:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dalbor @ Jul 13 2014, 03:36 PM) *
Ok thanks im gona reply you as soon as i will end biggrin.gif

Great! Some tips and ideas for new scales:

- Record yourself: It's very useful to record your guitar jams and practice to be able to listen it after your practice to check what things you should improve. It's difficult to listen to our playing while we are practicing because we need our attention on other things like right hand movement, left hand movement, timing, the notes you have to play, etc... It's also good to monitor your progress and be able to compare your playing with your own playing the previous day, week, month or year.

- Practice over chords, progressions and backing track to see how the notes of a scale sound in a musical context. This is much more helpful and effective than playing the scale without it.

- Learn licks from a solo or lesson using that scale, analyze them and the chords sounding in the backing, play them, and create variations. Write down or record your favorites and start your own library of licks.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dalbor
Jul 19 2014, 10:03 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 14 2014, 02:08 PM) *
Great! Some tips and ideas for new scales:

- Record yourself: It's very useful to record your guitar jams and practice to be able to listen it after your practice to check what things you should improve. It's difficult to listen to our playing while we are practicing because we need our attention on other things like right hand movement, left hand movement, timing, the notes you have to play, etc... It's also good to monitor your progress and be able to compare your playing with your own playing the previous day, week, month or year.

- Practice over chords, progressions and backing track to see how the notes of a scale sound in a musical context. This is much more helpful and effective than playing the scale without it.

- Learn licks from a solo or lesson using that scale, analyze them and the chords sounding in the backing, play them, and create variations. Write down or record your favorites and start your own library of licks.

Im ready lets go !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2014, 01:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dalbor @ Jul 19 2014, 06:03 PM) *
Im ready lets go !

what do you mean by "ready"? Have you worked on Phrygian mode? Do you have some recordings? Some favorites licks? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dalbor
Jul 20 2014, 08:02 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 20 2014, 12:21 AM) *
what do you mean by "ready"? Have you worked on Phrygian mode? Do you have some recordings? Some favorites licks? smile.gif

Yes I were practicing it over backing track and made guitar solo fir my band

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2014, 03:31 PM
Instructor
Excellent! This lesson is also a good complement for mastering the scale, and gives you great ideas for arranging and improvising: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/phrygi...ed-with-triads/

Let's explore Harmonic minor scale now! Here you have a good article about it, where you'll find all the theory behind it.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49966

This is a good lesson for reference and to use the backing: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-for-beginners/

More harmonic minor lessons: HERE

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dalbor
Aug 2 2014, 08:13 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 21 2014, 02:31 PM) *
Excellent! This lesson is also a good complement for mastering the scale, and gives you great ideas for arranging and improvising: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/phrygi...ed-with-triads/

Let's explore Harmonic minor scale now! Here you have a good article about it, where you'll find all the theory behind it.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49966

This is a good lesson for reference and to use the backing: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-for-beginners/

More harmonic minor lessons: HERE

I ve practice that mode a lot i have to say it really reminds me Marty Friedman solos. I have record myself many times and played with backing track. Soon i want to make an a guitar solo over a backing track playing all new modes and scales to let you hear my progress biggrin.gif. Im going on a vacation now so ill be out for about 2 weeks so dont be worried if i wont be at Guitarmasterclass. Im ready for the next one Master biggrin.gif !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2014, 07:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dalbor @ Aug 2 2014, 04:13 PM) *
I ve practice that mode a lot i have to say it really reminds me Marty Friedman solos. I have record myself many times and played with backing track. Soon i want to make an a guitar solo over a backing track playing all new modes and scales to let you hear my progress biggrin.gif. Im going on a vacation now so ill be out for about 2 weeks so dont be worried if i wont be at Guitarmasterclass. Im ready for the next one Master biggrin.gif !

Hi Dalbor! thanks for your update and congrats on your hard work. I would really like to hear some samples from you playing. Marty Friedman is an amazing guitarist, very personal, very unique. He uses obviously a lot of harmonic minor as well as other modes and oriental scales. He has some really cool techniques and improvisation tricks that makes him sound even more exotic. We can analyze his style then!

Are you going to bring your guitar during the vacation?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dalbor
Aug 17 2014, 08:27 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 3 2014, 06:12 PM) *
Hi Dalbor! thanks for your update and congrats on your hard work. I would really like to hear some samples from you playing. Marty Friedman is an amazing guitarist, very personal, very unique. He uses obviously a lot of harmonic minor as well as other modes and oriental scales. He has some really cool techniques and improvisation tricks that makes him sound even more exotic. We can analyze his style then!

Are you going to bring your guitar during the vacation?

I couldnt take guitar with me :C , Ill be home at 18 th August. I can wait to play , 2 weeks without guitar makes me sad. I reallly wanted to look at some Paul Gilbert licks , he is totally awesome guitar player.

Also i have question :

I want to take a part in really small guitar contest in my town. Goal is to cover a song . Tuning for it is Drop B. I want to write some harmonic and solos for it. I looked at scale generator and of course all scales all transformed by standard tuining. How can i find scales already transformed to B drop ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2014, 04:14 PM
Instructor
Well, this is tricky because you have to relearn the scales, mostly what happens with the 6th string that it's the one that is different. if you visualize the caged system but having in mind that now that the open chords have different names there shouldn't be a problem. But of course, you need practice.

This is how the caged system looks in drop D:

Attached Image

You should use the same shapes but transpose it to drop B.

Attached Image

Now D is B, so everything is a minor third down.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dalbor
Aug 17 2014, 08:37 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 17 2014, 03:14 PM) *
Well, this is tricky because you have to relearn the scales, mostly what happens with the 6th string that it's the one that is different. if you visualize the caged system but having in mind that now that the open chords have different names there shouldn't be a problem. But of course, you need practice.

This is how the caged system looks in drop D:

Attached Image

You should use the same shapes but transpose it to drop B.

Attached Image

Now D is B, so everything is a minor third down.

Super cool images , im defenitly use them. I also found that one http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_sc...=5&choice=1

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:16 AM