> Instructor Feedback: Up The Irons Collab
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jul 22 2014, 02:39 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jul 21 2014, 02:59 PM) *
The PRS is perfectly in tune, the Gibson however is not. The intonation needs to be checked after a pair of new strings. I'm bringing it to my tech guy this week to have it checked. I have one setup free of charge after a half year buying it. I bought it in february, which means that now is the perfect time to bring it smile.gif

Excellent Jeroen! Great to find the issue. It's very uncomfortable to record and compose when guitars are not perfectly calibrated so this will make Gibson available to record without tuning issue after the set up. Also, it's good to have both guitars ready because the tone that you get with each is different and it's a good feature to use when you are recording and composing.

About service prices, this depends a lot on the professional that is working, you have those guys that are very known and charge a lot and those more unknown that are more reasonable. I think that the average is around US$40 and US$50.

My lessons

Don't miss my New Guitar Session at VCHAT,
this Wednesday at 20 hs (London Time).

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 23 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jul 22 2014, 07:42 AM) *
My guitar doctor charges 50 euro for a full setup. And where you live?

Exactly a half of what yours charges tongue.gif I don't go often but still, it costs me 100 euros for 4 guitars, so, for once a year, it's not that bad biggrin.gif

How often are you visiting?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 09:28 AM