> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 3: Hard Rock Power Chords - Beginner, Lesson By Sinisa Cekic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Anese
Aug 17 2014, 12:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Hard Rock Power Chords - Beginner by Sinisa Cekic

last take ... hopefully :|

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52781
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52807

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 17 2014, 04:10 PM
Instructor
This is much better my friend, well done.

Further improvements can be made in your bending technique. Those double stop bends sound like they're quite challenging for you.. bending 2 strings at once is more difficult than controlling just 1 string so this is to be expected.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2014, 04:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, good job! This new take shows an important improvement regarding timing and notes duration. The only thing that your take is lacking is the vibrato that Sinisa plays every time that he reaches a new bass note. As maybe you are not totally comfortable with this technique I recommend you to have a look at this lesson that covers that kind of vibrato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/
It would be very important to add it into your diary practice.

I think that you can move to another lesson but that you should play this one a few times every day to keep on evolving your groove skills. The lesson sounds good but it still lacks some groove and dynamics that will make it sound more organic and expressive. Listen to the original take focusing on this two details and then try to emulate them. It's the next step to adjust in your playing.

Keep on the good job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 17 2014, 08:39 PM
Instructor
Howdy mate!

Definitely progress! Exactly as I commented in the previous take, I knew this take would be better, judging by the sample you have sent via PM.

The thing is that now, you need to focus on the details that the guys have pointed out:

- that vibrato that Sinisa executes and you seem to have left out
- the two string bending
- your guitar seems slightly out of tune - please do check it before recording wink.gif

As Gabi says, it would be a good thing to make a habit in rehearsing this one daily after focusing on solving these details. It will definitely sound different after that and you will also hone your grooving skills!

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 18 2014, 07:16 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:36 PM