Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Black Snack Moan, Slide, Blues
Drew
post Jul 15 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.336

I was watching black snake moan the other night and that little riff Sam Jackson plays at the beggining of the song black snake moan inspired me to get a slide, so i was hoping for a lesson on the fundamentals of slide and such. Also if you've seen the movie what is the name of the second song he plays when they are in the bar dancing in slow mo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Jul 15 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #2

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.304

Yeah a slide lesson would be good, and Black Snake Moan is an excellent flick, Samuel L. Jackson has a really good voice for the blues, and the riffs and songs in the movie are great!

Made me want to learn it as well when i first saw it.

+Quote Post
rokchik
post Jul 16 2007, 02:42 AM
Post #3

Moderator - The Dark Canuck
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.395

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 14 2007, 08:53 PM) *
Yeah a slide lesson would be good, and Black Snake Moan is an excellent flick, Samuel L. Jackson has a really good voice for the blues, and the riffs and songs in the movie are great!

Made me want to learn it as well when i first saw it.

I saw this movie the other night and was quite pleasantly surprised. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was a great movie. I hope Sam jackson was actually playing and it wasn't some dubbing trick. His guitar playing was so cool and sooooo blues. The bar scene had some great music in it. And Uncreator your right, Jackson has a great blues voice.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
post Jul 16 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1.434

QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 16 2007, 03:42 AM) *
I saw this movie the other night and was quite pleasantly surprised. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was a great movie. I hope Sam jackson was actually playing and it wasn't some dubbing trick. His guitar playing was so cool and sooooo blues. The bar scene had some great music in it. And Uncreator your right, Jackson has a great blues voice.

Yeah, same here. Didn't know what to expect, and still it wasn't what I expected. But it was a very good movie. Jackson is one of my favs. They aired "Jackie Brown" the other day. Excellent movie smile.gif
And the blues he plays. I agree, hope it's not fake. If it is Jackson who plays then he is both an actor and a good bluesman.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
evilempire
post Sep 5 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2.699

QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jul 16 2007, 08:43 AM) *
Yeah, same here. Didn't know what to expect, and still it wasn't what I expected. But it was a very good movie. Jackson is one of my favs. They aired "Jackie Brown" the other day. Excellent movie smile.gif
And the blues he plays. I agree, hope it's not fake. If it is Jackson who plays then he is both an actor and a good bluesman.

in fact, he did have to learn how to play guitar.

google it, you'll see.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2017 - 05:53 AM