2 Pages V  < 1 2  
The Crowdfunding Thing
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 9 2014, 07:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 8 2014, 11:14 AM) *
I think that there are two separate issues:

1/ crowdfunding a record release

I have little isue with this provided that the artist does release the record and that any funds are properly accounted for and used as stated for the production and release of the project.

and

2/ 'buy me a professional studio'

Do the same as every professional studio and work to establish your business either to be able to buy equipment etc outright or be able to get a mortgage. Whilst he's at get the 30 odd years experience I have as a mastering engineer and the 1000s of releases that I've been involved in and pay your dues. Stop expecting a free lunch and stop insulting the experience of pro engineers and pro studios.

Like every business out there and maybe some more, if one ends up with a pro studio on his hands and has NO KNOWLEDGE on how to run it properly, it will fail miserably smile.gif I think that as Tony said, one must start from the ground up, because in that way, you learn how to manage a business. Otherwise, a truly skilled businessman will be able to raise the funds on his own and start any endeavor he/she wishes. I think it would only be fair, but there are cases in which some folks could do A LOT with some extra funds which they can't raise themselves. The situations are varied and we can't say it's just black or white smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
Nov 5 2014, 07:25 PM
GMC:er
My friends band is doing it now - they just came out with this promo video trying to raise money for their next CD. They've got some really freaking killer songs for their next CD, but it takes money.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 6 2014, 08:47 AM
Instructor
You told me about these guys! I hope that things will work out for them wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 7 2014, 05:08 AM
GMC:er
Wheres the link to their funding site? Looks like a spiff bunch smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ Nov 5 2014, 02:25 PM) *
My friends band is doing it now - they just came out with this promo video trying to raise money for their next CD. They've got some really freaking killer songs for their next CD, but it takes money.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:53 AM