Made In..., does it matter?
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 9 2014, 09:20 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I was reading another topic here in the forum and I was wondering, how many products (music gear related) are nowadays outsourced and made in other countries?

Does this still matter as much as it did in the past or the quality has increased over time.

Obviously countries like China has taken the lead role in manufacturing products the world consumes.
How much is there difference really between USA, Mexico, Indonesia, China and Japan made guitars in terms of sound?

I haven't been really following this, for example are Marshall amps still made in England?
Does it put you off when you see where the guitar was made if its foreign factory?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 10 2014, 03:28 AM
GMC:er
The only really appreciable 'difference' is in re-sale value.
How good they are only depends on materials and workmanship.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 10 2014, 08:23 AM
Learning Roadie
It depends on the company. Chinese factories will produce what you want them to with the quality of materials and attention to detail that you pay them for. So it is company dependent. For example the guitars Suhr had a Chinese factory produce under the brand Rasmus, where they went to China and showed them new techniques to use, and stipulated the parts to be used etc.

The Fender CV and VM series are well regarded, for a Chinese made guitar.

Ibanez from what I've read, you're still shooting for a Japanese made guitar for some kind of piece of mind about quality and quality parts.

So I don't think there are hard and fast rules or an easy answer to this one!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:46 AM