Ever Wondered What A Fretless Guitar Sounded Like?
Spock
Oct 25 2014, 08:51 PM
GMC:er
Well - hereyago...

This is like the extreme opposite of scalloping. Someone is bound to make the this guitar their signature and own it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 25 2014, 09:16 PM
A friend of mine removed the frets of a squier some years ago, I did play it but it was so long ago can't remember how it felt. I do remember though that open sounding+affordable (like squire) guitars are good candidates for such projects.

Microtonal structure is the base of islamic (or most probably even before İslam) music and the traditions that spread through it. I'm not very connected with my culture but I do enjoy good use of it;

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Oct 25 2014, 09:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 25 2014, 09:38 PM
A lot of guys play fretless guitar. It's a blast to play but fatiguing. You have to maintain your fret hand pressure for the notes to sound. Intonation with chords is a bitch.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...fretless+guiatr

I did this for a Russian film composer. Fretless starts at 2:49. All the 'stringy' sounding parts are clean, fretless electric guitar.
https://soundcloud.com/klasaine/200-cats

I modified a late 80s Gibson 'Nightwawk'. The fret 'lines' are white epoxy filling in the existing fret canals.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 25 2014, 09:51 PM

+Quote Post
Spock
Oct 25 2014, 10:54 PM
That's pretty awesome - I would be more inclined to get a fretless bass I think that would be fun

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Oct 25 2014, 11:46 PM
Guthrie seems to have it under control... rolleyes.gif

Go to about 6:10 in...

The whole clip is worth watching if you have the time

This post has been edited by Hexabuzz: Oct 25 2014, 11:49 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 26 2014, 04:27 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Some more fretless action.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:58 PM