Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Me Attempting Falsetto... ;), Happy holidays!
Kristofer Dahl
post Dec 11 2014, 01:50 PM
Post #1

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

As holidays are approaching I decided to give my falsetto singing another go:

The song does not have a known composer, which I find very intriguing. I think it's a hit song =). And I guess it really was, back in the days.

Happy holidays!

PS Here is a backing track without lead guitar, by request. It's in 46bpm Eb minor.
Attached File  oh_come_kris_backing.m4a ( 2.61MB ) Number of downloads: 43

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
post Dec 11 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 20.210

Amazing as always Kristofer smile.gif !

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Dec 11 2014, 03:16 PM
Post #3

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Dec 11 2014, 03:14 PM) *
Amazing as always Kristofer smile.gif !

Awesome to hear you like it Alex, I am a bit insecure about my voice and I am still trying to grasp the whole singing thing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rhida
post Dec 11 2014, 06:29 PM
Post #4

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 19.985

Nice job with your voice Kris!
Your range keeps getting wider and wider.
I would love to hear you in a concept album. I'm sure you have some interesting stories to tell.
The song is interesting too and I just love your guitar phrasing and how you manage to take care of each note in the solo.
Very inspiring!
Thanks for sharing man! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rhida: Dec 11 2014, 06:31 PM

+Quote Post
Chris S.
post Dec 11 2014, 06:41 PM
Post #5

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 12.988

You never cease to amaze!

Very nice piece Kris cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amir Razmara
post Dec 11 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12.172

Good one kris, enjoyed it smile.gif when I was a music major in college I sang as a part of the chorus for several years and we did so many wonderful projects... this sort of reminds me of that time.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Dec 11 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #7

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Dec 11 2014, 06:41 PM) *
You never cease to amaze!

Very nice piece Kris cool.gif

Thanks Chris, it's amazing to get encouragement from you guys when trying out new stuff. I think if we are discouraged in the beginning we might miss opportunities to evolve.

QUOTE (Rhida @ Dec 11 2014, 06:29 PM) *
The song is interesting too and I just love your guitar phrasing and how you manage to take care of each note in the solo.
Very inspiring!

I am very proud if I managed to inspire you! smile.gif Well noted, I really tried to think of how I would treat each note, after all the melody is pretty basic and I wanted to stick to it as much as possible. I found it challenging to try and make those few notes interesting. The most useful trick here was to add some heavy vibrato to a note just before I would move over to the next note.

QUOTE (Rhida @ Dec 11 2014, 06:29 PM) *
Nice job with your voice Kris!
Your range keeps getting wider and wider.
I would love to hear you in a concept album. I'm sure you have some interesting stories to tell.

Yeah telling stories is what is music is about, we have all had our sad and happy moments and music is the absolute best way to channel that! Btw I'd love to try something more opera/Nightwish sounding as well!

QUOTE (Amir Razmara @ Dec 11 2014, 08:10 PM) *
Good one kris, enjoyed it smile.gif when I was a music major in college I sang as a part of the chorus for several years and we did so many wonderful projects... this sort of reminds me of that time.

Thanks Amir, btw I have always had some dream/vision of playing guitar lead in a choir... Was it fun to sing in one? Do you still sing a lot?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amir Razmara
post Dec 12 2014, 02:47 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 12.172

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 11 2014, 09:20 PM) *
Thanks Amir, btw I have always had some dream/vision of playing guitar lead in a choir... Was it fun to sing in one? Do you still sing a lot?

The cool thing about guitar is it can shin under different settings and environments....yes it was fun singing in the chorus, but I'm sure the soloist had more fun than I did smile.gif I sing mostly in the car while driving to my students homes, teaching guitar/piano is what I do for a living, what ever is easy to sing along within my rang.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Dec 12 2014, 05:51 PM
Post #9

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

Nice vid Kris, quite a dark song indeed, well done both voice and solo, loved that tone on the LPJ.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Dec 12 2014, 07:41 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Well done! But to be honest I can't always tell if you are joking or mocking or not? Your style and comedic sense is such that it makes it impossible to tell when you are being serious? But either way well sung!

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 11 2014, 08:50 AM) *
As holidays are approaching I decided to give my falsetto singing another go:

The song does not have a known composer, which I find very intriguing. I think it's a hit song =). And I guess it really was, back in the days.

Happy holidays!

PS Here is a backing track without lead guitar, by request. It's in 46bpm Eb minor.
Attached File  oh_come_kris_backing.m4a ( 2.61MB ) Number of downloads: 43

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Dec 12 2014, 09:49 PM
Post #11

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

QUOTE (Amir Razmara @ Dec 12 2014, 02:47 AM) *
The cool thing about guitar is it can shin under different settings and environments....yes it was fun singing in the chorus, but I'm sure the soloist had more fun than I did smile.gif I sing mostly in the car while driving to my students homes, teaching guitar/piano is what I do for a living, what ever is easy to sing along within my rang.

It's really cool you work as an irl guitar instructor! I used to do it as well, and I really miss it and regret I did not keep some of the most dedicated students. I can feel a little disconnected from students now, and I am not really sure I am hitting the target when trying to teach stuff! sad.gif

QUOTE (Fran @ Dec 12 2014, 05:51 PM) *
Nice vid Kris, quite a dark song indeed, well done both voice and solo, loved that tone on the LPJ.

Thanks a lot for your comment Fran, I always get a warm feeling when encouraged by a true GMC veteran! smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 12 2014, 07:41 PM) *
Well done! But to be honest I can't always tell if you are joking or mocking or not? Your style and comedic sense is such that it makes it impossible to tell when you are being serious? But either way well sung!

I am really grateful for your honest comments Todd, it is very hard to get these and since I am attempting to do some kind of 'comeback' they are extremely useful. I obviously can't stop myself from throwing in humor whenever I do stuff as that is where I get a lot of joy and inspiration from - but maybe it is too much sometimes?

In this case you are actually right in the sense that I started singing (or attempting to, rather) this kind of soprano stuff because I thought opera was the most stupid thing on earth. Well, turns out that a decade later I actually like it and I can start to make use of the type of voice I used for mockery... Life is a strange beast! blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
myhandyman
post Dec 13 2014, 01:19 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 17.802

brilliant and well done, i give it five stars , happy holidays and blessed is the kingdom of God smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Dec 14 2014, 12:42 AM
Post #13

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

QUOTE (myhandyman @ Dec 13 2014, 01:19 AM) *
brilliant and well done, i give it five stars , happy holidays and blessed is the kingdom of God smile.gif

Thanks so much! I am not very familiar with Christian songs (except for the ones taught in School here in Sweden) - but I think (and hope) this is a pretty common one?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 06:48 PM