> I Met Gmcers Todd And Gary This Year
post Dec 22 2014, 08:28 PM
Post #1

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.361

Hey guys,

I haven't posted this yet, but Christmas is a good time to finally do it!

As some of you know, I visited the USA this september and the friendly guy at the airport actually let me enter the country.

Which gave me the chance to meet the master of the torture chamber himself: Mr. Todd Simpson! We went to the shooting range together, had some mexican food and then, just to make it a night to remember, Todd broke his times!

After visiting (among other great places) Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans and finding out that ridiculously talented musicians play there in pretty much every bar, and after becoiming a fan of the New Orlenas Saints ( the football team), which wasn't the best of choices if you want a consistent team that makes it to the play offs...we met fellow GMCer Gary aka Blister!

And of course his famous dog Bentley. And his wife Barbara, who really is a lovely person, just like Gary.

I slept in the room some of you know from the saturday and sunday video chats and played on Gary's guitar.

Bottom line: if you meet random strangers on the internet and they invite you to stay at their house and shoot guns together, by all means, do it!

Here are two pictures so that you can see I'm not just telling weird stories.

Christian aka Gitarrero
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Dec 24 2014, 09:11 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.265

Glad you enjoyed yourself in the states. That would have been a fun time meeting people you know from online like that. My only gripe is that you should have become an Atlanta Falcon fan since you visited Todd. They beat the Saints last week smile.gif in New Orleans. I grew up an Atlanta Flacon fan and live a couple hours from there, but Todd is on Atlanta's doorstep.

I guarantee if you had visited Seattle you would be a Seahawks fan. I fell in love with that city when I went there back in 2000 and have been a Seahawks fan since. The wild thing about it is, I met my wife 2 years after that and she was from Seattle, and her 2 children were born there. So we are all Seahawks fans in this house. Even to the point that unless the Falcons look really strong (which they are not this year) and they play Seattle, I will pull for the Seahawks.

2 years ago, Seattle was the better team, and I even wanted them to beat the Falcons in the playoffs, because I knew the Falcons did not have what it took to beat the 49ers. In a fluke of catastrophic cosmic mystery, the Flacons pulled out the upset win, then went on the next week to get pummeled by San Francisco.

Last year of course, Seattle won the Super Bowl and made the Denver Broncos (and Peyton Manning) look like Grandma Kettles after church potluck dinner and knitting group.

If you get a chance to come back to the states - make it to Seattle, you won't be disappointed.

I'd like to go to Germany as I have a good friend from the internet for 6 years now, that lives in Dusseldorf. He has come to the states but only to New York, on his way to other places like Machu Picchu.

I really admire your German's work ethic - so much more human than here in the U.S., understanding that a happy worker is one that has enough time to rejuvenate. I'm lucky enough to get a month off of work per year, but not all at once. My last job I only got 1 week a year off, and the owner (an old narcissistic fart) didn't want to pay us time off for that.

Anyway - glad you enjoyed!

BTW - I think Seattle will go back and win the Super Bowl again this year if they can get by the Dallas Cowboys.

Check out a couple of plays from last week against the Cardinals - talk about BEAST MODE!!!

Marshawn Lynch...

Russell Wilson makes it look easy...

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Spock: Dec 24 2014, 09:06 AM
+Quote Post
post Dec 24 2014, 09:19 PM
Post #3

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 10.312

That is awesome! I live the USA and I haven't managed to meet up with anyone yet... I'm gonna have to take a trip soon.
thanks for posting!

The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Dec 25 2014, 06:30 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I replied to this post and it looks like it somehow got deleted? Hmm. Anyhoo, I was thrilled that you guys were able to come buy and shoot some weapons!! Sounds like you had a great time here in the states!! You'll have to come again!!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Dec 25 2014, 03:46 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 17.069

That's excellent smile.gif I love how the virtual world becomes so small and less virtual when we meet each other smile.gif I wish all of us more occasions like You had smile.gif

+Quote Post
post Dec 26 2014, 05:10 PM
Post #6

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

Really cool story smile.gif smile.gif Pretty awesome people to be found in these boards!

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
+Quote Post
post Dec 26 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #7

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 12.007

How great isn't that??
We should have a big meeting somewhere, all of us someday biggrin.gif

If it sounds good, it IS good ! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:) Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 01:00 PM