> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Osbourneozzyfan's Improvisation Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 1 2015, 11:03 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi Ozz! This lesson is great to polish your technique! I think that you've learnt all the parts correctly but now it's time to adjust details to make it sound better. The main thing to improve is your bending technique. Starting with the first two bends, I think that the pitches are close but most of the times aren't there. I note that your left hand fingers need more training to have enough strength to play this technique in a consistent way.

I can see that your vibrato is getting better! and your timing is tight most of the time.

So, the next step is to isolate each lick, and work on it focusing on the pitch of your bends, and combine this work with the bending exercises from the Ben Higgins youtube video. I think that it's mostly a matter of practice and strength so please work some more days on it and share a new take of this one.

Besides this works, I think that start working on some songs that you'd like to play would be a good idea to keep you motivated. what do you think? Do you have any songs in mind?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpiritCrusher
post Feb 1 2015, 11:38 PM
Post #22

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.825

I will sure try to make my bends hit the pitch. I will upload it again when I think it's good.

By songs, do you mean real songs from bands?
If yes, I'd think that I'd like to learn to play some Maiden and Sabbath or some power metal like Hammerfall or Stratovarius. I would like to be able to play some thrash, but all thrash bands that I know of are too hard to play.

By the way, what strings would be easiest to play with? Right now I'm using Ernie Ball Power Slinky 11 strings. Would it be easier for me to practice if I changed to the thinner ones?

This post has been edited by OsbourneOzzyFan: Feb 1 2015, 11:39 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 2 2015, 01:37 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

yes! that's exactly what I mean! When we dedicate to music we use to have two general goals: Playing our favorite songs & composing our own music. Doesn't this also happen to you?

Please make a list of songs and I will help you to decide which is the best one to start, and as I monitor your progress with it, I will give you specific exercises to master it.

About strings, there aren't "easier" or "more difficult" ones, but the thicker they are, the more strength you have to do to bend and do vibrato. After months of practice you will get used to the gauge that you use and you will find it ok. The thickness also depends on the tuning that you use, if you use drops it will be better to use 011, 013. If you keep on 440 hz, it's ok to use 09 or 010. I personally use and like a lot this ones: Skinny Top Heavy Botton. They are an hybrid with the first 3 strings from 010 gauge, and the lower 3 from 011. These ones are great for bending, and riffing at the same time.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SpiritCrusher
post Feb 2 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #24

Learning Tone Seeker

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Iron Maiden:
- Aces High
- Run to the Hills
- The Trooper
Amon Amarth:
Twilight of the Thunder God
Guardians of Asgaard
Hammerfall - Last man standing
Stratovarius - Unbreakable

You can also come up with a song from these bands as I like most of their songs.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 2 2015, 11:41 PM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

Cool list! Well, the solos of most of these songs are a bit tricky for your level, but we can focus on the chords and melodies at first, and then you can go for the solo.

I think that "The Trooper" is the best one to start. What do you say? Could you please learn the intro I, II, verse and chorus? You can use your ears, or if that's not possible yet, you can use any youtube "how to play video" to help you.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SpiritCrusher
post Feb 9 2015, 01:17 AM
Post #26

Learning Tone Seeker

Take 2:

I hope I'm hitting pitch with my bending on this take or maybe I'm a little deaf biggrin.gif
I will keep posting this until it's good.
I want to learn all three lessons until we begin working on The Trooper.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 9 2015, 01:57 PM
Post #27

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Ozz, yes! This one is sounding much better! You are reaching the correct pitches now, and it's time to continue playing it to make the bends more natural and to make the overall lesson and licks sound smoother. Just keep on polishing this one. Well done!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 07:59 PM