> Joe Perry's 11 Rack Rig
Todd Simpson
post Jan 7 2015, 12:43 AM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Here is Joe Perry's Eleven Rack rig (The 11 is a feed for the drummer actually) using the FX loop for some stomp pedals. I"m going to try this myself!! I"ve not used anything in the loop yet but I want to try my Fuhrman pedals to see how it works smile.gif Anyone else tried stomps in their loop on an 11 rack or other rack unit?

http://tonemerchants.com/news/joe-perry-rig/

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 7 2015, 12:49 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Jan 8 2015, 01:09 PM
Post #2

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

Thanks for sharing, I have always wondered how these setups with pedals in the rack work?
I suppose they have all the pedals turned on and practically make up a "preset" which is then turned on/off by the guitarist on stage using a switch? Or are these all pedals connected to a specific loop pedal which allows different combinations of them to be turned on by the guitarist on stage using a switch/loop pedal? I have never got a chance to examine how such setups work "technically" on stage.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 8 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #3

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Pretty much! smile.gif E.G. The fx are routed through one or more fx loops and then turned on and off by a foot controller on stage or off stage by a roadie. Many of these setups are actually a long fx chain of pedals used in particular lead passages or particular parts of songs that get turned on at once and off at once. But anything is possible in a given setup smile.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 8 2015, 08:09 AM) *
Thanks for sharing, I have always wondered how these setups with pedals in the rack work?
I suppose they have all the pedals turned on and practically make up a "preset" which is then turned on/off by the guitarist on stage using a switch? Or are these all pedals connected to a specific loop pedal which allows different combinations of them to be turned on by the guitarist on stage using a switch/loop pedal? I have never got a chance to examine how such setups work "technically" on stage.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2017 - 05:33 AM