Why You Are Better Than You Think
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 9 2015, 10:00 AM
GMC Founder
I made a video to help you understand what is important for YOU - in order to reach you goals.

Everyone is comprised of a unique combination of weaknesses and strengths - and we all have our musical preferences. Students often don't realise that if you are sitting with a guitar in your hands, it means you have a unique musical identity - which must be nurtured and managed tenderly.

By focusing on the things you love doing and playing, you are giving yourself a huge advantage over other guitarists practicing things just because "someone told them to".

If you follow my advice in this video, it can mean the difference between achieving your goals or not. Not only that, but it can help you speed up the learning process tremendously.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 9 2015, 11:21 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Kris ,

thank You for this GOOD VID !

And thanks to this Big Catfish (WELS in german - i love them) who gave you the right impulse for making this Vid .

I hope he is still alive and swimming around there - never kill a real friend - !

I agree with your Input and Message , Yes !

Imagination is helpful on get into oneself but Inspiration is a good way to recognize and let Intuition grow

now just lets work on it and do it , to Be Your Self :-)

Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 9 2015, 01:57 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks Dieter - and yes we took good care of the catfish so he is probably still swimming there with lots of big carps in his belly..! cool.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jan 9 2015, 11:21 AM) *
now just lets work on it and do it , to Be Your Self :-)

Yes let's do it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jan 9 2015, 02:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 9 2015, 05:00 AM) *
I made a video to help you understand what is important for YOU - in order to reach you goals.

Everyone is comprised of a unique combination of weaknesses and strengths - and we all have our musical preferences. Students often don't realise that if you are sitting with a guitar in your hands, it means you have a unique musical identity - which must be nurtured and managed tenderly.

By focusing on the things you love doing and playing, you are giving yourself a huge advantage over other guitarists practicing things just because "someone told them to".

If you follow my advice in this video, it can mean the difference between achieving your goals or not. Not only that, but it can help you speed up the learning process tremendously.

Kris how much did you have to pay darius to dress like a catfish in your video? Just curios imho.

Seriously though nice video.... I agree wholeheartedly

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 9 2015, 02:09 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jan 9 2015, 02:05 PM) *
Kris how much did you have to pay darius to dress like a catfish in your video? Just curios imho.

Seriously though nice video.... I agree wholeheartedly

I won't tell him you said that ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rhida
Jan 10 2015, 07:37 PM
Excellent video Kris!
One of your best for sure as you made some very good points.
Very helpful for beginners or those who don't know what to practice.
Cool ways to reinitiate your passion when you lose faith!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 10 2015, 10:46 PM
Brilliant. Very very very applicable to me rolleyes.gif

Cheers Kris smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
K1R
Jan 11 2015, 05:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very inspiring and helpful video! Just what I needed to hear... I am sure everyone can relate to it, regardless of being guitar player or not. It can be applied to any situation and aspiration in life. You should think about doing a TED talk! laugh.gif
Thanks wink.gif

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 13 2015, 11:15 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks a lot for your great comments. This one was extremely difficult for me to do, it actually took me several days - I had to do a lot of thinking...

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
slickster
Oct 15 2015, 03:08 AM
GMC:er
I enjoy the sound of diminished arpeggios and exotic scales.... great video!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 15 2015, 09:13 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (slickster @ Oct 15 2015, 04:08 AM) *
I enjoy the sound of diminished arpeggios and exotic scales.... great video!

Awesome you like it. And yes those are my favorite tools as well - thinking of which I just recorded a relevant video for this stuff:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=55072

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:36 AM