> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

64 Pages V  « < 53 54 55 56 57 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 2 2017, 07:56 PM
Post #1081

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

yes, you are right. It means that you are very close to master it. Now, you need more time to feel more familiar with each part and be able to put your focus on details.

Congrats friend!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Feb 6 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #1082

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

Hello Gab,

I've put my entry in for the Neo Soul collab.

Now I'm going to crack on with Jack White and Todd.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 7 2017, 04:00 AM
Post #1083

Instructor
Group Icon

Great! Thanks Phil!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Feb 7 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #1084

I hope it's ok Gab,

I've been thinking about my practise. I want to keep doing the collabs and/or Sunday shred fest and Todds bootcamp. I also want to keep my GMC lesson of your choice. I think I need to leave the classic rock songs for a while as I don't find them a real challenge because I can't get the solos anyway as they are too advanced and the rhythm work is very repetitive.

I'm not saying they are too easy or, that I want to ignore them all together, it's just that I think I can keep them for weekends when I get a bit more time or I wake up early. I don't feel they should be part or our classroom if you know what I mean. I find creating music in the collabs and Shred Fest more fulfilling. Then for improving technique I have my GMC lesson and the Bootcamp.

Maybe we could select another lesson to run along side the Jack White one, a lesson that maybe concentrates on my weakness. I don't think my vibrato is very good, it's a bit twitchy I think.

Remember when you used to give me ten days to learn a lesson? Then a second chance and I would get a punishment? I think I would have been in permanent detention with this Jack White lesson laugh.gif I have to say though, with the Jack White lesson I have learnt more about myself, more about how perseverance pays off, I seem to have developed a little bit of skill in noticing my own problem areas and I've learnt a bit more how to learn.

What do you think Gab?

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 8 2017, 01:11 PM
Post #1085

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Phil, this sounds totally reasonable.

Please check this lesson and let me know if it makes you want to learn it:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Soloing-2/

I also don't remember if we tried the first part in the past, but I think that we did.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Feb 8 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #1086

Thanks Gab

I usually love Darius' tunes but that one, to me, sounds strange, not very melodic or flowing, it's not something I'd like to play to my friends or family, it doesn't have that certain something and to the untrained ear I think it could sound like you haven't quite got it right, if you know what Imean?.

The lesson you're thinking of which I learnt the first part is this one which I did really like but it is a level 4.

I think it might be good to go back to this one that I got stuck on in one part of it and gave up. What do you think about revisiting this beautiful lesson? I've learnt a lot about perseverance with Jack White and overcome a big hurdle. I can try again with this one if you are OK with that.

Once the Jack White lesson is passed in REC Zone there will be room for another lesson to improve a problem area.

What do you think?

Thanks

Phil

UPDATE:

Jack White is currently at 85bpm, not quite right but getting better. I'm struggling to control the tempo of the 9th fret bend section. Whatever speed I play it at I always go slightly quicker than I should rolleyes.gif I think I'm about a week or so away fom a REC take though buddy. Whether it will pass or not I don't know but I'll post anyway to get some extra feedback wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 9 2017, 08:17 AM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 10 2017, 02:03 PM
Post #1087

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Phil,

ok, let's go for the part 1 of Darius lesson. I think that it's a beautiful lesson and that will make you work on some important aspects of guitar. It's a good "next step" after White's lesson.

About the REC take for the lesson, that sounds GREAT. Can't wait to find it there. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Feb 10 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #1088

Thanks Gab

I'm on it. No practise tonight, it's my birthday and I'm out on the lash with my good wife smile.gif

Once I pass REC with Mr White I think I can manage to study 2 lessons covering different aspects of playing now I'm not so impatient. So the Darius lesson plus one. How do you feel about that?

Cheers buddy

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 10 2017, 09:59 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 11 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #1089

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Phil! I hope that you had a great time yesterday! smile.gif

3 lessons? Maybe, we can try it.

PS: Don't miss THIS THREAD.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Feb 11 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #1090

Thanks Gab,,

We had a great evening smile.gif

I completely missed that thread rolleyes.gif busy at work and practically straight out when I got home. Thanks for pointing it out to me mate smile.gif

Not 3 lessons mate biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I meant once I get the Jack White complete we can keep two lessons going covering different aspects of playing with each lesson. Basically having a lesson to replace the classic rock covers which I am going to fit in as and when I get chance.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 11 2017, 06:07 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 11 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #1091

Instructor
Group Icon

Now we are talking! Yes, that sounds good. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Feb 13 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #1092

Hello Gab,

Oh dear oh dear, a bit of a wild weekend, no practise Friday as I was out with my good lady, Saturday I had a little practise as some friends came round for an impromptu party cool.gif and last night I had some paperwork to get done (two hours) mad.gif

Anyway, life happens, shit happens. I tried to record a REC for the Jack White lesson and I don't know if it was the camera or what but I just couldn't do it, I kept making bad mistakes. I've knocked it back to 70bpm and practised it ten times.

I've started the Darius lesson and I have to say, the first few bars sound better than an old video I did in June 2015 so my technique and fell must be improving, I think unsure.gif

Anyway, I'll soldier on with both lessons, I have a feeling the Darius one will be finished before the Jack White one but I feel having these two lessons will keep me going, hopefully I can crack the Darius one this time.

Cheers Gab, I'll be in touch smile.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 14 2017, 12:54 AM
Post #1093

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Phil, thanks for the update! Don't worry, enjoy the process. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Feb 14 2017, 01:40 PM
Post #1094

Thanks Gab

I am enjoying the process more than ever and don't mind how long it takes. If Jack White city isn't fully explored it's not time to move on and the suburb of Darius will keep me from getting bored along with Todd's gymnasium and the Nightclub de Collab smile.gif

Here is my latest full speed take. I think it is generally better than the last one, I think the 9th fret bend section still sounds rushed and tense, but I do think, on a whole it is slightly better than take 3.

I've completely messed up the tone somehow, I was editing my JW patch a while back without realising it and clicked "write", I;m struggling to get it back to how it was. That is a skill all on its own rolleyes.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/jack-white-rough-90bpm-take-4

Cheers buddy

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 14 2017, 09:43 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 15 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #1095

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Phil! Yeah, I can hear everything you say. Even with some things to fix, I think that this take reflects that you are getting much more comfortable with this style of playing.

I'd like to add some words about your participation in the Neo Soul collab. You are at the opening of the track, and I could use most of your take since it is really good! Your playing is precise and very tasty. I wanted to say CONGRATS for the great job mate. I'm really proud of you, you are a very inspiring person. Keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Feb 15 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #1096

Thank you for your kind comments Gab smile.gif

I think you hit the nail on the head and made me realise why I've struggled with this Jack White lesson. It is a whole new style that I'm attempting and that's probably where the issues have been.

That's not the first time you've said that I'm inspiring, I'm interested/intrigued to know what part of me you find inspiring huh.gif

Cheers buddy, I'll keep on keeping on with Mr White and it will happen when it is time. More recordings to follow soon. smile.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 17 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #1097

Instructor
Group Icon

I think that you are a hard worked. I could see how you try everything possible to become better on the things that you love, and this is not only related to music, I notice it's also applicable to your personal life, and work. I always feel inspired by good people that makes things with love and passion, and you are one of them. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Feb 17 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #1098

Wow Gab,

Thank you so very much. That's probably the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me. That is inspirational in itself. I am humbled.

Respect to you friend smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 17 2017, 11:53 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 18 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #1099

Instructor
Group Icon

smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Feb 18 2017, 09:57 PM
Post #1100

Hello Gab,

I'm still working every day on the Jack White lesson. It's getting better and I'll be posting to REC once I've sorted out a new problem with it rolleyes.gif
I keep missing that A on the D string but I still play the B on time.

|---------------------------------|
|----------------------------7-9--|
|----------------------7-8-9------|
|-----------------7-10------------| 

I've used video to analyse what happens, my finger on the 9th fret rolls from the A string to the D string at the moment that I should be playing the A note on the D string. I do pick the D string while doing this but obviously it mutes the string.
I can control it at slower speeds so I'm going to creep back up to speed concentrating on this lick.

Thinking about future lessons once Jack White is passed in REC. I have noticed that a lot of my problems in past lessons have been these kind of runs, maybe we could look into a lesson with scale like runs in? What do you think? Obviously not just yet until this is passed.

Cheers Gab

Phil

UPDATE Sunday 19th February 2017:

I'm slowly getting rid of the problem that I spoke about above. It actually turned out to be a right hand problem and the left hand was covering the right hand's back. I noticed that at the higher speeds my right hand muting wasn't working on the A string for some reason. This meant that the left hand didn't want to leave the A string because it would ring out and give unwanted noise, I find it crazy how the left hand was seeming to help the right hand out cool.gif .

I hope that makes sense Gab. I'm sorry this is taking a long time but I'm still enjoying the challenge and won't give up smile.gif Also I now have a pair of THESE and I don't have to worry about my wife get the aural version of the Chinese water torture by keep on hearing the same piece over and over again night in night out.

Cheers buddy.
I am still working on the Darius lesson, it is so beautiful. I will get it right this time

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 19 2017, 09:58 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

64 Pages V  « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 07:51 AM