> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

64 Pages V  « < 58 59 60 61 62 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 26 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #1181

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

That's the most important thing mate. I've said many times this year, that your progress is impressive. Keep going.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Apr 28 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #1182

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

Cheers Gab,

We are going to see THIS tomorrow night and staying over in a local hotel. It's not far from us but we can have a meal with a wine beforehand and then after show drinks in the bar.
It's an amateur production but the theatre is a good one and has a good house sound system and lighting. Just because it's amateur doesn't mean it's no good wink.gif

Speak soon

Phil

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Apr 29 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #1183

Instructor
Group Icon

That's a great plan! Enjoy it and then tell me how it was!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Apr 30 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #1184

Gab, it was brilliant. There was a live band: two guitarists, a bass player and a keyboard/electronic drums player at the back that did ALL of the music including the parts in the story where a live band was playing in the Bourbon Room. It was so inspiring to hear them play, I kept hearing little guitar parts that I thought "Hmmm, I could use that" but now I've forgotten them rolleyes.gif

This is a picture of the set before the theatre filled up:

We've just got back from The Great British Food Festival that was really good, very big and featured food from all over the world, with plenty of small free samples to try, I got some great curry sauce that was purely natural with no sugar added at all, and some nice Jolokia Chilli sauce for dipping things in.

I put a sample of the JW patch that I've been trying to get, I must have dropped lucky with the Atomic Amplifire, I'm struggling a bit with this Helix LT, you can find it HERE

Cheers Gab

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 2 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #1185

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Phil! That looks and sounds great! It's nice when theatre and music are combined. I've seen "School of Rock" musical at NYC and it was a beautiful experience.

I'll check the new samples. I'm sorry to hear that it's being difficult to find the right tone with the new device compared to the previous one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post May 2 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #1186

Thanks Gab,

No worries about the Helix LT, I was just lucky with the AA12 in that I found something close in the presets wink.gif I would still have had problems if I hadn't. I'm sure the LT will be every bit as good tone wise and I think updates will just get better all the time. It's just understanding how to affect the effect in order for each effect to work well together.

I'm still struggling with that JW lesson but things have been hard recently and I'm going HERE on Saturday, leaving for the airport on Friday afternoon and staying in a hotel overnight ready for the morning. This is like an extra night's holiday because the airport has a few bars and restaurants open to anyone so we will have a meal on the evening and then back to the airport hotel for a good night's sleep ready for departure smile.gif

I will have some serious catching up to do when I return.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 3 2017, 11:14 PM
Post #1187

Instructor
Group Icon

That's a lovely place! smile.gif Enjoy your vacation! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post May 4 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #1188

Thanks Gab,

I was going to put a take or two in the collabs and workshops tonight BUT, I went to clean my fish pond filter out and cut a long story short, the extra pressure from the backflushing caused a piece of plastic on the UV Clarifier to split, it had gone very thin for some reason. Anyway, I can't get spares until after the holiday, I had to spend two hours re-plumbing the pipework to bypass the UV Clarifier, it's hard work because I had to pull apart push fit pipework that had been there for years and had set into place on the hose tails mad.gif I'm sure that if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all laugh.gif

Speak when I get back mate.

Cheers Gab

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 4 2017, 08:44 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 5 2017, 02:05 PM
Post #1189

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Phil, I'm sorry about it! I'd like to see a picture of your fish pond. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post May 5 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #1190

Remind me when I'm back buddy smile.gif It's only 1000gallons though.

Cheers

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
post May 7 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #1191

Hey Gab, there​ is a town on this island called L'Argentina cool.gif http://www.minorca.spayn.co.uk/l-argentina.php

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 7 2017, 04:22 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 8 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #1192

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 7 2017, 12:22 PM) *
Hey Gab, there​ is a town on this island called L'Argentina cool.gif http://www.minorca.spayn.co.uk/l-argentina.php

Nice! I wonder why...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post May 8 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #1193

I don't know mate, I'm struggling to find anything. I found THIS but my Spanish isn't very good, I does mention Buenos Aires in there along with Menorca. Maybe you can tell me? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 8 2017, 04:12 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 9 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #1194

Instructor
Group Icon

It's about those days when Argentina was or was becoming Spain's colony, so it describes their attacks here. sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post May 9 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #1195

Ahhhhh I see. History is mainly war! Even reading the history of some bands there is a lot of internal wars sad.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 10 2017, 02:55 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
post May 10 2017, 03:23 PM
Post #1196

Gab, I've made a bit of a discovery, I hope this makes sense.
We were lying by the hotel swimming pool. I'd just finished a chapter in a novel I am reading on my Kindle. I lay my Kindle on my stomach and without thinking I started to tap my fingers on the back of my Kindle.

I then started to "fret" the lick I'm still struggling with in the JW lesson. The fingering is E string: 1, 4, A string:1,2,3 and D string:1,3.
My fingers kept on getting mixed up on the 3 notes per string part A string.

I then turned it around a little bit and did E string: 4,1. A string:3,2,1 and D string:3,1 and found I could repeatedly do this much quicker.

I then did a test, I tapped my fingers as people do where they're waiting impatiently for someone, ie, pinky, ring, middle, index, we can all do this pretty quickly, I then tried in reverse, so, index, middle, ring, pinky, and couldn't do it anywhere near as cleanly or as quickly.. That is the finger order of the lick but without all fingers engaged.

I then made a clenched​ fist one finger at a time starting with the pinky then starting with the index. Much easier starting with the pinky. Try it!

What I've concluded is that it is a biomechanical issue but I don't know how to overcome it. Any ideas buddy?

I'm posting this in the practice room as it may help others wink.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 10 2017, 04:32 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 10 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #1197

Instructor
Group Icon

mm that sounds weird! I think that even this can be improved with practice. If there is anything that isn't familiar or natural for us, it can become it just by practising it every day so I think that the best you could do it to repeat it diary as many times as you can, don't you think so?

I'll check the thread, I'm curious...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post May 11 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #1198

Thanks Gab,

Out of interest, drum your fingers from pinkie to index over and over on your fretting hand and then do it from index to pinkie. Do you, yourself, notice a difference? If not, then your don't have the same issue that I have;)

Cheers buddy

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post May 12 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #1199

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Phil, I've tried it but I haven't noted a relevant difference. However, it would be safe if you send me a vid doing it to be sure that I'm doing the same thing...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post May 13 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #1200

Hello Gab,

Here is a picture of the pond that you said you'd like to see, we used to have a lot of spreading conifers around the back of it but they got overgrown. We dug them out and are thinking of putting long wooden planters with trailing plants in rather than leave it how it is. A pond is always evolving as new ideas come into your head smile.gif

This is not long after we removed the conifers.

This is more recent with the pergola and a distressed waterfall:

This is with the shading (not too dense) to keep the fish protected during hot days.

And a little further away:

This is the waterfall running, sometimes we turn the water down a lot to give a gentle row of little columns of dripping watre that is very relaxing. They drip from all along the water tray like icicles melting.

We had some visitors last year smile.gif

This is the video of my fingers. It seems to be related to finger independence or something like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oaZv1hxFZ8

Cheers Gab

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 13 2017, 08:54 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

64 Pages V  « < 58 59 60 61 62 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Roadside

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2017 - 08:06 PM