> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

64 Pages V  « < 60 61 62 63 64 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
post Jun 4 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #1221

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

Hello Gab,

Needed to express. So hard seeing him that way. The weaker sounding notes are there for a reason as are the louder ones.
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/sorrow

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 4 2017, 04:36 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 4 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #1222

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

That's so deep mate. I'm sorry to know that this is totally genuine, and that you are feeling in this way at this moment. On the other hand, it's nice to see that you are taking out all those feeling and making music.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jun 7 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #1223

PM mate

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 8 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #1224

Instructor
Group Icon

Replied.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jun 12 2017, 08:51 PM
Post #1225

Hello Gab,

Sent a PM wink.gif

I tried the Jack White lesson tonight, I hadn't lost as much as I thought, that same lick that we discussed is still giving me problems, I can't see how to break it, it seems more like an inflexibility issue in the fingers than anything else. I've done a little thing for the Volbeat collab.

Speak soon.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 15 2017, 02:16 PM
Post #1226

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Phil, how are the things going now?

When we pass some days without practice, it can take more "warming up" time to get back the fingers to shape.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jun 15 2017, 07:58 PM
Post #1227

Thanks for asking Gab,

Things are ok, my head still isn't in the best place, badness from too many directions but I'm getting there. I'm trying to get my impetus going again. I'm finding it hard to pick up where I left off with the JW lesson because it has been hanging around my neck for so long, it's like taking out a troublesome girlfriend again after splitting up and getting back together biggrin.gif

I'm getting there buddy.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 16 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #1228

Instructor
Group Icon

hahah yeah, I understand. Are you still going to keep on this one? Maybe you'd like something refreshing...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jun 16 2017, 02:56 PM
Post #1229

Thanks Gab,

That might be a plan. Maybe there is a lesson that is based on the kind of run I'm having difficulty with, that will build finger independence and dexterity.

There are various issues, dexterity, flexibility, co-ordination and the one that comes when I try to play full speed and that is that the index finger seems "scared" to leave the A string because it "thinks" the A string will ring out because my right hand won't mute it correctly. I hope this makes sense.

Another part of it must be the fact that over the years I've been noodling I have only ever played two notes per string, never ever using the middle finger. The index finger has always moved to the next string after playing only one other note, that poor index finger must be completely dazed and confused huh.gif

I definitely want to complete the JW lesson though, one day.

Cheers

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 19 2017, 12:42 AM
Post #1230

Instructor
Group Icon

It will happen Phil! It's just a matter of time.

What about a last take, no matter how good, to have it as a long term reference, and then I suggest some exercises or lessons based on the weak points? Is it ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jun 19 2017, 07:31 AM
Post #1231

Thanks Gab,

Yeah, that's a plan. I've had no real direction lately, even with things settling down a little. I guess I lost my routine and I'm struggling to get back into it. And now I have an issue with my Telecaster, I can't get enough relief on the neck, even with the truss rod disconnected I haven't got enough relief. I think it has to go back to Fender.

I'll have a few more practices at the JW lesson and put a reference recording on here.

Cheers buddy.

Speak soon.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 19 2017, 12:46 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 19 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #1232

Instructor
Group Icon

I can get what you feel mate. Please keep relaxed, don't evaluate too much your playing or next steps at this moment. Play because you love playing. We'll find the path again soon. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jun 23 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #1233

Doing that Creativity Workout has re-kindled my fire mate. I want to stick with the Jack White lesson I think. I've just played it and managed to get that problem lick right three times in a row, not perfect but close. Then it went to pieces when I tried again. I think I'm trying too hard.

I may even post to REC just for the record wink.gif

Speak soon buddy.

Phil smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 23 2017, 09:15 PM

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 25 2017, 06:25 AM
Post #1234

Instructor
Group Icon

This is great Phil! smile.gif

I'm glad to know that the creativity workout gave you some inspiration. That's the main purpose of the workout, and of my work here. So we are on the right track.

When is the REC take coming?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jun 25 2017, 09:51 AM
Post #1235

Thanks Gab,

I actually said "I MAY post a rec take" tongue.gif I haven't tried making a video of the JW lesson yet and it's bad enough without rec button syndrome laugh.gif

Life hasn't fully settled down yet and may not for a few weeks. I'll shoot you a pm later today to explain but I am doing all I can when I can.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 26 2017, 02:24 PM
Post #1236

Instructor
Group Icon

Ok mate, I'll check your PM in some minutes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jun 29 2017, 09:22 PM
Post #1237

Ok, Gab,

I've recorded where I'm at with the JW lesson. It's the first time I've recorded it for a while and the REC button killed me. The part before the double stop section is still very messy and the three notes on the string section still messes with my head but I've posted anyway. Nothing to lose eh? I have panned me right and you left, you can hear the backing whichever way you set the balance. Don't worry too much about the tone, I'm struggling to match it.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/jw-29062017-90bpm

Cheers

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jul 1 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #1238

Instructor
Group Icon

Hi Phil! This is not far at all! Both playing and tone. There is room to adjust and polish everything but there is nothing that sounds disturbing when listening to this two guitars version. I like it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jul 2 2017, 07:31 PM
Post #1239

Thanks for your comments on REC mate smile.gif I put it on the because I need practise not just for improvement but also improvement under REC button conditions. I don't think they rec take was the best I've done so far but I'm going to put more on in future at earlier stages. Obviously I will only post to REC when I've learnt all the notes but even if I think it's rubbish, all feedback helps wink.gif

Hopefully it will encourage others to post too. I still feel students are only posting when they think the piece is worthy of a pass. They see REC as an exam rather than an assessment area to get advice on how to work through one's difficulties.

Cheers buddy smile.gif

--------------------

GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jul 2 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #1240

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 2 2017, 03:31 PM) *
Thanks for your comments on REC mate smile.gif I put it on the because I need practise not just for improvement but also improvement under REC button conditions. I don't think they rec take was the best I've done so far but I'm going to put more on in future at earlier stages. Obviously I will only post to REC when I've learnt all the notes but even if I think it's rubbish, all feedback helps wink.gif

Hopefully it will encourage others to post too. I still feel students are only posting when they think the piece is worthy of a pass. They see REC as an exam rather than an assessment area to get advice on how to work through one's difficulties.

Cheers buddy smile.gif

Hi Phil, everything sounds great for me. I've decided to give feedback there in order to have the post as a reference for the future, and also as a way to incentive students to share their takes there.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

64 Pages V  « < 60 61 62 63 64 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2017 - 09:43 PM