Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Black Machine Vs Hype Machine (guitars)
Todd Simpson
post Jan 21 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I noticed that the ORMSBY GUITARS "Hype Machine" guitar looks very similar (down to brass back name plate) to the much vaunted BLACK MACHINE B-6. So close in fact, that I wonder if ORMSBY is trying to say "these are just as good and about one quarter the price" smile.gif

To wit!!!

Witness the BLACK MACHINE ($10,000)
Attached Image

The HYPE MACHINE ($2,600)
Attached Image

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
post Jan 25 2015, 08:48 AM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.225

Unfortunately for me I prefer the look of the Black Machine!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Ibanez Rg770FM
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Jan 25 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #3

Learning Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.839

I don't know how anyone can justify that kind of price tag for a guitar unless it is some kind of a collectors addition with some history behind it.
Even the less expensive $2600 price tag seems a bit extreme to me. But whatever turns you on, I guess somebody must be buying them.
As far as looks go. A guitar could look like crap, but if it plays like a dream then that is the guitar for me. Functionality first. If it looks good too, well that's just a bonus.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 26 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #4

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I agree smile.gif Some folks are buying them though evidently. I just can't wrap my head around 10k for a guitar. But it takes all kinds to fill up a bus smile.gif

The cheaper one is probably above what I"d spend as well. When I'm planning my yearly spend on gear, I cap guitars around $500 typicallly and I often buy used. This past year I broke my own rules and bought a lot of new guitars and paid too much. Then didn't even break even selling them when I wanted other guitars smile.gif Buying used is a good way to go IMHO especially if you can tell quality gear when you play it smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 25 2015, 01:56 PM) *
I don't know how anyone can justify that kind of price tag for a guitar unless it is some kind of a collectors addition with some history behind it.
Even the less expensive $2600 price tag seems a bit extreme to me. But whatever turns you on, I guess somebody must be buying them.
As far as looks go. A guitar could look like crap, but if it plays like a dream then that is the guitar for me. Functionality first. If it looks good too, well that's just a bonus.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2018 - 07:06 PM