> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Bend 'Em All - Bending Technique Lesson, Lesson By Lale Nikic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmy b
Jan 25 2015, 09:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Bend 'Em All - Bending Technique Lesson by Lale Nikic

Hi Guys, Time for some technique work. My vibrato on my bent notes has greatly improved through this lesson. But there's still more work to do!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 26 2015, 05:45 AM
Instructor
Hi Timmy!

This lesson is a hidden treasure! I didn't remember it and I have to say that it's a killer workout for bending, vibrato and aggressive picking. I can say that you are on the right track with this lesson. You have a good sense of timing on this one, your bending technique is polishing and most of the bends reach the correct pitch.

Your vibrato is on the way, but it needs more work. I notice that your vibrato is there but most of the times is a bit shier and weaker than it's on the original lesson. Another thing to have in mind during the next days of practice is the attitude and energy of your playing which could slowly start to increase to reach the intensity that Lale gives to his playing.

So please keep on practicing this one and try to make both vibrato and picking in general more aggressive.

Gab.-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2015, 09:19 AM
Instructor
Hey Tim,

We have discussed this one long and hard, so aside that little hesitation at 0:12, I don't have anything else to add. Indeed, the vibrato and bends can have more intention behind them, but as Gabi said, playing more and more articulation based pieces will only polish and refine your technique.

Keep up the good work!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 27 2015, 07:07 PM
Instructor
Yo duder... I'm giving you a 9 here because I think your bending pitch control was great.. even better than Lale's, if I can say that ?

For example, check out your unison bends at 0:22 compared to the original.. yours sound better. smile.gif

The only thing that wasn't as good as the original was the picking on the bend at 1:19. There's nothing wrong with what you did but if you do upstrokes like the original then you get that really nice, clipped sound that's almost the same as chicken picking. That staccato sound.

Other than that, great job !

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 28 2015, 05:50 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:30 AM