Original 8 String Death Metal Track
Kaaba
Feb 16 2015, 10:51 AM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvVBdkQZ0tQ

check it out and please leave feedback smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 16 2015, 08:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hi Kaaba, great to hear you are composing originals!

I like the precision of your playing and song sounds technical. Are you planning to get some vocals over it? Maybe sing them yourself? Have you tried vocal growling?

Is this a complete song or you are planning to expand on it?
It ends a bit abruptly, it might be interesting to incorporate a different "ending" section and maybe try to contrast a bit more sections in the song. For the video, I'd suggest maybe including you playing the bass as well. This will help you make the video more dynamic.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kaaba
Feb 17 2015, 02:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 16 2015, 07:33 PM) *
Hi Kaaba, great to hear you are composing originals!

I like the precision of your playing and song sounds technical. Are you planning to get some vocals over it? Maybe sing them yourself? Have you tried vocal growling?

Is this a complete song or you are planning to expand on it?
It ends a bit abruptly, it might be interesting to incorporate a different "ending" section and maybe try to contrast a bit more sections in the song. For the video, I'd suggest maybe including you playing the bass as well. This will help you make the video more dynamic.

Thank you so much for the feedback! smile.gif
This particular song was supposed to be short and aggressive instrumental, im planning to do longer more complete songs in the future. Actually my wife, daughter and i are moving at the end of this week into a new place, in which Im going to have more dedicated composing/recording/mixing place and i had an idea of building a vocal booth there aswell, which would be great. smile.gif
I have no idea why i didnt include bass in the video, since i even tried to compose and mix it to be part of the melodies/rhythm, rather than just backing guitar up and filling up the sound. Thats a must thing to have in a video like this, which i will for sure have the next time.
For the next one ill also focus more into constrasting different sections. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 21 2015, 07:41 PM
Instructor
Great ideas, man. I really like that harmonised riff at 0:30. Like a cross between Evile and Testament.

It's like thrash meets death metal.. and the 8 string complements this style perfectly.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2015, 04:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Kaaba, great stuff!!

Your riffing is killer on this video, I'm impressed of the precision of your riffing. The whole tune sounds totally tight and interesting. I don't note weak parts or sections that doesn't sound great so I don't think that there is something to improve here. Adding bass and maybe some synth or other instruments could make it sound even cooler. The lack of melody or vocals is not a problem on this one because it's a short tune but if this would be longer, I would like to hear it with vocals or some synths that create different atmospheres.

This tune is very promising, keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:16 AM