> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Anese's Thread, for Gab's Army
Anese
Oct 2 2015, 01:07 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 10 2015, 02:41 PM) *
Hi Anese,

I have to say that this plan is not bad at all, and that it's giving good results. If it keeps you going and progressing, it's ok. However, if you feel that it takes too much to master a lesson, maybe you are choosing lessons that are a over your current level. Again, this is not bad, but if you think that you'll feel more motivate by mastering more lessons, you could choose lessons a bit easier than the ones that you are choosing.
This doesn't mean that the lesson won't include new stuff for you, but it will take less time to master it... does it make sense?

Hello Gabriel
Thanks for your advice, I guess Ill keep it the hard way.
here I recorded two takes continuously for the legato and picking lesson.
https://youtu.be/-kj3ovp7hhI
Please have a listen and let me know what you think
Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2015, 02:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! Good job with this lesson. It's sounding good. The only thing that I note is that your left hand fingers movement could be smaller. Try to focus on relaxing the hand and keep the fingers closer to the frets while playing this exercise. It will allow you to play it tighter and will be a good adjustment for future faster stuff. It's time to economize movements.

Other than that, this is sounding good, congrats!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Anese
Oct 2 2015, 05:17 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 2 2015, 03:09 PM) *
Hi Anese! Good job with this lesson. It's sounding good. The only thing that I note is that your left hand fingers movement could be smaller. Try to focus on relaxing the hand and keep the fingers closer to the frets while playing this exercise. It will allow you to play it tighter and will be a good adjustment for future faster stuff. It's time to economize movements.

Other than that, this is sounding good, congrats!

Hello Gabriel
I noticed that my fretting hand look flappy as I play thanks for notifying that to so I can focus on fixing that.. I think the only way to fix this is by slowing it down and monitoring my fingers as I play.
anyway do you recommend taking this to the REC room? and which one is better the first or the second take ?
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 3 2015, 07:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, yes, you can share one of these (the second seems better) to receive more feedback about your playing from other instructors.

About the way to fix it, exactly! Slowing down to be able to think on these details.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Oct 11 2015, 09:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
do you have any suggestions for what we can work on next ?
I feel thirsty to lear a new tone. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 12 2015, 04:01 PM
Instructor
What about this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Buckethead-Style-II/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Dec 8 2015, 09:37 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 12 2015, 05:01 PM) *

Hello Gabriel
How are you?
sorry for the absence. I had some problems with my card to renew my subscriptoin.
anyway I invested the past days to practice on the older stuff. and for now I will start working with this new lesson.
I see BucketHead as the Master Shaolin Monk in the guitar temple haha I like his stuff
see soon buddy
Thanks \m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 9 2015, 02:58 AM
Instructor
Welcome back Anese! Ok! So let's get into practice again. Please keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Dec 11 2015, 06:34 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 9 2015, 03:58 AM) *
Welcome back Anese! Ok! So let's get into practice again. Please keep me updated!

Hello Gabriel
I tried to clone the tone of your set up for the arpegio part.
I added a tweetman amp with a flanger.
however Itried so many presets in the amp and the best one i think is close to your original lesson recording is the clean preset (with no flanger).
have alisten to the tracks attached and let me know what you think is best.
ha maybe the screen shot will help you to add any suggestions or tweaks which may make me sound better smile.gif
Thanks

+Quote Post
Anese
Dec 12 2015, 08:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
what about this tune for the lead part ?
does it fit ?
tnx

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2015, 02:25 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, your tone sounds nice on this sample. I like it. I think that you could add some delay to give a it some kind of ambiance and make it fit better with the backing when mixing it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Dec 18 2015, 08:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
Please check this one for the first lead part and let me know what you think.
you will hear that i changed the tune a lil bit.

in this lesson the guitar has three tunes as I can hear
1-arpegio tune
2- first lead part tune
3- second lead part (distorted) tune.

how should i manage to change between these three tunes on one take ?

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 19 2015, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, good to see a new take from you.

I can hear that your work on this one is evolving. The main thing to improve here is timing, mostly on parts 2 and 3 where the phrases are not sounding completely tight. Besides this, there is some room to make your vibrato and bending techniques more consistent. Your vibrato could be wider in some parts (some more sustain in your tone could help) and your bending is close but you are not reaching the pitch smoothly.

About this question, I don't understand exactly what you mean. Did you record this in parts?

"how should i manage to change between these three tunes on one take?"

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Dec 19 2015, 06:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
Thanks for listening!! I will start working on the notes you mentioned.
And about my question:
"how should i manage to change between these three tunes on one take?"
[/quote]
I'm talking about the quitar sound "tone" I should have said. sorry bout that.
In the last lead part I will have to get some distortion.
And since I'm playing using guitar rig I don't know how I can mange to switch or chnage
The tone to distortion while I'm still playing.
I know that when using real pedals you can just hit the button with your foot and you're ready to go.
But how can you do this while on guitar rig or any other modeling amp software?
I hope you got what I mean now. unsure.gif
Thanks

This post has been edited by Anese: Dec 19 2015, 06:30 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 20 2015, 09:15 PM
Instructor
The only way to do this without pedals is moving your volume pot with your left hand while playing. Experiment moving it and you'll notice how your tone can have more or less drive. Try it and let me know if this solves the problem.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Dec 20 2015, 09:32 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 20 2015, 10:15 PM) *
The only way to do this without pedals is moving your volume pot with your left hand while playing. Experiment moving it and you'll notice how your tone can have more or less drive. Try it and let me know if this solves the problem.

If you mean the volume "gain" knop on my guitar.
Then that's not possible with the preset I'm using since I always Leave it at max.
I'm thinking of using different presets on guitar rig and switch between them while playing.
But the question is how? Maybe use the keyboard as a foot pedal..
Btw how did you do it when you recorded this lesson?
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2015, 01:41 PM
Instructor
In those days I used to record with my Pod HD500 so I had it in my floor to switch tones. For guitar rig, you could use any kind of foot midi controller. Check out some videos with ideas: LINK

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Dec 22 2015, 12:44 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 21 2015, 02:41 PM) *
In those days I used to record with my Pod HD500 so I had it in my floor to switch tones. For guitar rig, you could use any kind of foot midi controller. Check out some videos with ideas: LINK

Hello Gabriel
Thanks for the advice...the first video in the search result,
shows that it's possible to manage things with a regular keybord.. I did some more searching and it appears that
you can assigne other button on the keybord to functoin as an off/on button for any elements on your rig...
so you can add multible pedals and switch them on and off just by taping the assigned key.
once I start working on the last part of this lesson which need a bit of a drive (I'm not sure if Drive is the correct word, correct me if I'm wrong) I will do the trick and see how it goes.
btw have a listen on the attached file ..i was focusing more on the first two bend while i was playing .. let me know what you think
Thanks man

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 22 2015, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! Yes! This new take sounds better. Your bending is better most of the time and your vibrato starts to feel more natural. This is the right track, keep working!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Dec 26 2015, 04:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
in the attached file i recorded three takes of the first part
i think the last one is more tight than the first two.
have alisten and let me know what you think.
Thanks and have a merry christmass and a wonderful holiday

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:28 AM