> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chris S.'s Music Theory Journey, for Gab's Army
Chris S.
post Oct 12 2017, 01:32 AM
Post #221

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 12.988

Hey Gab - update time!

So I ended up finishing the Marilyn Manson cover a few days after I posted about it, I was in a rush to get it done before school started back up. It's not perfect but I am happy with it still.

Also, I have a cover done for Senses Fail - Rum is for Drinking Not for Burning. Just waiting for a buddy of mine to do bass for it so stay tuned for that!

And I've always loved John 5 - especially the song Damaged but I always felt I was never good enough to tackle it (still kind of do) - the intro is definitely going to take a lot of work but for only a weeks worth of practice this is where I am at and I am pretty happy with it, what do you think? (I excluded the crazy intro to avoid embarrassing myself)

Cheers!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I got a new guitar - A Michael Kelly Patriot Premium with EMGs :-)

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Oct 12 2017, 01:33 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 13 2017, 12:00 AM
Post #222

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi Chris!! Nice to hear from you!!

I think that I've already said that I love that Manson's song! And you did a great job with this cover. I've enjoyed your version while singing the vocals over your lead guitar. Well done my friend.

And that John 5's teaser!! It's a bomb! I don't think that you are not at that level, the preview sounds very promising. Can't wait for the full track!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Chris S.
post Oct 24 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #223

Thanks for the confidence Gab! Damaged is going to take a while to get down so I've been doing some small covers in between.

Cover numero uno is Stay Loud! - Drifting:

My good pal Carl is the bassist/founder of this local pop/punk alternative band. I really dig their work and the cool thing about this cover is I actually tabbed it out 100% by ear which is something I have never done before. I know it's a pretty straightforward song but I was still surprised that I was actually able to do it. cool.gif

Cover #2 is Senses Fail - Rum is for Drinking Not for Burning featuring Carl (from Stay Loud) on bass:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 25 2017, 02:00 AM
Post #224

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey Chris! Great job with both covers! I'm enjoying that song by your friend's band. It sounds cool, catchy but deep punk rock, with some modern feel.

Your playing is very precise on both videos, and the tone is very powerful. Good job!

Based on this videos, I would really like to see you rocking some of my GMC lessons. Have you seen the Metalcore series? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonseries/Metalcore/

and there are also many modern punk rock ones...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
post Oct 30 2017, 12:44 AM
Post #225

Hey Gab! I really dig the Bring Me the Horizon lesson that djenty riff is killer! I'll start working on that in conjunction with the John 5 Damaged cover that will take me a while to complete.

Speaking of John 5 Damaged this is the second part:

Biggest part of this one is the tapping - especially trying to eliminate the string noise as I am having a hard time muting everything except the one string I am pick tapping on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 31 2017, 03:11 AM
Post #226

Instructor
Group Icon

Wou! That's sounding really well Chris!! You are doing a great job with that cover.

And regarding my BMTH lesson, I would be proud if I find your take at REC!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 04:26 PM