> I Made A Little Something :)
Taka Perry
post Mar 9 2015, 12:47 PM
Post #1

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.500

Hi guys! I'm back!

I've been away but I've still been busy making music and learning new things. I must say, the last year I've focused a lot on electronic music as opposed to guitar (ironic this being a guitar forum wink.gif )

Anyway, what do you guys think of this?

https://soundcloud.com/taka-perry/the-incident

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 10 2015, 04:12 AM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Very cool stuff!!! Very refreshing smile.gif Can you give us some breakdown on all the influences at play here? Also, are you working on your next cd/compliation/release?

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Mar 9 2015, 07:47 AM) *
Hi guys! I'm back!

I've been away but I've still been busy making music and learning new things. I must say, the last year I've focused a lot on electronic music as opposed to guitar (ironic this being a guitar forum wink.gif )

Anyway, what do you guys think of this?

https://soundcloud.com/taka-perry/the-incident

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
post Mar 10 2015, 01:09 PM
Post #3

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.500

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 10 2015, 02:12 PM) *
Very cool stuff!!! Very refreshing smile.gif Can you give us some breakdown on all the influences at play here? Also, are you working on your next cd/compliation/release?

Hey Todd!

A lot of my influences have been electronic acts, like Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Tycho and The Flashbulb. I've really taking a liking to chilled atmosphere and general sound design (the flexibility and power of synthesis is UNREAL). The violin is in fact a MIDI sample violin that I sequenced.

At the moment, I'm not really making a CD/compilation/release. I just want to release a steady stream of singles, so that each song can get maximum exposure (I found that in the past, when I released CD's, there was only 1 or 2 songs that people actually listened to). smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Mar 12 2015, 12:28 AM
Post #4

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

I can hear the influences smile.gif Very new and fresh sounding. I like how you've taken your own sound and melded it with your influences. Can't wait to hear more smile.gif

I"m with you on not releasing cds, just as a marketing idea, maybe take your singles and at the end of each year simply declare them a compilation or album etc. and via bandcamp and itunes release it as an item. smile.gif

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Mar 10 2015, 08:09 AM) *
Hey Todd!

A lot of my influences have been electronic acts, like Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Tycho and The Flashbulb. I've really taking a liking to chilled atmosphere and general sound design (the flexibility and power of synthesis is UNREAL). The violin is in fact a MIDI sample violin that I sequenced.

At the moment, I'm not really making a CD/compilation/release. I just want to release a steady stream of singles, so that each song can get maximum exposure (I found that in the past, when I released CD's, there was only 1 or 2 songs that people actually listened to). smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Mar 12 2015, 03:19 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Hi mate! This sounds beautiful! I have two questions:

1- what vstis are you using for these sounds?
2- Have you ever thought on offering your music to site that sells licences for tv and cinema?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 11:32 AM